Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
PPrncpl7
Violet
innerlight
Deepwaters
Viking
SpiritVoices
Panda
11 posters

Does Everyone Have a Soulmate?

Panda
    Panda

Female
    Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2011-02-28

Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 Empty Does Everyone Have a Soulmate?

Post  Panda Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was just thinking... Do you believe that everyone has a soulmate? If so why/why not? Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 15910
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Everyone Have a Soulmate?

Post  mac Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:45 pm

"Some hope of that. The most backward church I have attended.
    Even the mediums are rubbish."
    Maybe time for some new blood to improve the scene?

Someone who's interested?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Everyone Have a Soulmate?

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:27 pm

[quote="mac"]"Some hope of that. The most backward church I have attended.
    Even the mediums are rubbish."
    Maybe time for some new blood to improve the scene?

Someone who's interested?[
    I know someone who do a marvellous job but she won't be drawm.
    Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 331509
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  sparkly Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:36 am

mac, your post no. 38 makes a lot of sense to me, except i know these groups as monads, and i've pondered the relationship bonds- whether they be influenced by such also. i am 11th of 11 children and i am emotionally close with 2 living sisters, more than the others. i can't tell you if it is because of shared past life experience or from whence we came, but yes it may be, both.
    my only problem is with your use of "mystical" and "new age". in my experience the two can be diametrically opposed!
    Mysticism (from the Greek μυστικός, mystikos, an initiate of a mystery religion) is the pursuit of communion with, identity with, or conscious awareness of an ultimate reality, divinity, spiritual truth, or God through direct experience, intuition, instinct or insight. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystical
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:00 pm

sparkly wrote:mac, your post no. 38 makes a lot of sense to me, except i know these groups as monads, and i've pondered the relationship bonds- whether they be influenced by such also. i am 11th of 11 children and i am emotionally close with 2 living sisters, more than the others. i can't tell you if it is because of shared past life experience or from whence we came, but yes it may be, both.
    my only problem is with your use of "mystical" and "new age". in my experience the two can be diametrically opposed!
    Mysticism (from the Greek μυστικός, mystikos, an initiate of a mystery religion) is the pursuit of communion with, identity with, or conscious awareness of an ultimate reality, divinity, spiritual truth, or God through direct experience, intuition, instinct or insight. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystical

I'm pleased that parts of the piece appeal to you, sparkly - my responses below.

I didn't refer to 'mysticism'.

With 'mystical' and 'new age' I allowed myself the self-indulgence of doing what others frequently do. The words were shorthand, unspecific and general adjectives, rather than dictionary definitions. Equivalent to the loose usage when folks speak of 'spirit' when, for example, they actually mean discarnate individuals in the etheric dimensions.

I prefer simple English words, as with 'soul-cell' and don't know what 'monad' means - I suspect it could have various dictionary defined meanings anyway.

I'm unconvinced that biological families are likely to be a source of soul-cell members meet-up. It's arguable that they would not but wouldn't preclude them on an individual basis.

As there are no bench-marks for a soul-cell relationship's characteristics we have no way to compare a regular emotional attraction with that of a soul-cell attraction - a relationship's characteristics are mostly subjective in nature.

That's where I find most concern about self-proclaimed 'soul mate' situations.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:24 pm

hi mac, i've double checked and it would seem mystical is the realm of the mystic. i know we have someone in a magazine called mystic meg, but this is far from my own experience of the mystical and mystics/ mysticism. monad descends from greek, and english does t Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 451437 oo. no offence, but preference doesn't come into it, what is, is.

Monad may refer to:
    In philosophy:

• Monad (Greek philosophy) a term meaning "unit" used variously by ancient philosophers from the Pythagoreans to Plato, Aristotle, and Plotinus to signify a variety of entities from a genus to God.
    • Monism, the concept of "one essence" in the metaphysical and theological theory
    • Monad (Gnosticism), the most primal aspect of God in Gnosticism
    • Monadology, a book of philosophy by Gottfried Leibniz in which monads are a basic unit of perceptual reality
    • Monadologia Physica by Immanuel Kant
    • The Cup or Monad, a text in the Corpus Hermetica

In mathematics and computer science:

• Monadic, as the arity of a relation or function
    • Monad (category theory), a construction in category theory
    • Monadic predicate calculus is a form of logic based on unary operators
    • Monad (functional programming), functional programming constructs that capture various notions of computation
    • Monad (non-standard analysis), describes the set of points infinitely close to a given point.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:16 am

sparkly wrote:hi mac, i've double checked and it would seem mystical is the realm of the mystic. i know we have someone in a magazine called mystic meg, but this is far from my own experience of the mystical and mystics/ mysticism. monad descends from greek, and english does t Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 451437 oo. no offence, but preference doesn't come into it, what is, is.

Monad may refer to:
    In philosophy:

• Monad (Greek philosophy) a term meaning "unit" used variously by ancient philosophers from the Pythagoreans to Plato, Aristotle, and Plotinus to signify a variety of entities from a genus to God.
    • Monism, the concept of "one essence" in the metaphysical and theological theory
    • Monad (Gnosticism), the most primal aspect of God in Gnosticism
    • Monadology, a book of philosophy by Gottfried Leibniz in which monads are a basic unit of perceptual reality
    • Monadologia Physica by Immanuel Kant
    • The Cup or Monad, a text in the Corpus Hermetica

In mathematics and computer science:

• Monadic, as the arity of a relation or function
    • Monad (category theory), a construction in category theory
    • Monadic predicate calculus is a form of logic based on unary operators
    • Monad (functional programming), functional programming constructs that capture various notions of computation
    • Monad (non-standard analysis), describes the set of points infinitely close to a given point.

You've spent a lot of effort looking up the stuff I looked up myself - I'm pretty savvy around the Web... Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 451437 I may sound thick but actually I'm not....

What you appear not to have done, though, is to fully read what I wrote or to understand the explanation I gave about my usage of the words I used - "shorthand" you'll find I said et al....

And dictionaries simply reflect usage. In 50 years if you're around and check dictionaries again, there may be new definitions to match the new usage.

Etymologies don't vary but usage does. Language is not invariable no matter how much we might wish it were.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:51 pm

PM! You have hit on my favourite subject!
    Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 160943
    Why,why,why?
    I will not rest until I have seen a demonstration.
    Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 371183

Hi Joanie, you mean transfiguration and such? I went to see that once..and couldn't see anything the room was far too crowded Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 81488

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Transfiguration? I once saw that at the spiritual church where the medium's face changed into a chinese cast. She had a chinese guide.
    Amazing.
    Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 28115
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:08 pm

It intrigues me that kind of mediumship Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 28115

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Joanie wrote:Transfiguration? I once saw that at the spiritual church where the medium's face changed into a chinese cast. She had a chinese guide.
    Amazing.
    Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 28115

And very rare.... (thought at first you'd written Chinese cat!)

I think, J, that you mean you'd like to witness full-form materialisation.

Is that right?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Violet wrote:It intrigues me that kind of mediumship Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 28115

It's pretty astonishing. When I were but a lad I saw Queenie Nixon in Mansfield church. I knew nowt abaht owt in them days.

Don't know that much nowadays come to that....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:05 am

I've heard of Queenie, all good I hasten to add. Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 821538

mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:10 am

Violet wrote:I've heard of Queenie, all good I hasten to add. Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 821538

She was a lovely woman.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:16 am

That's what I heard Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 821538

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:34 am

mac, i'm sure you can look things up.
    usage doesn't reflect truth or facts. lots of folk say reiterate, when they mean repeat..except when they mean accept...don't make it right. i give up on you mac. Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 217567 :( :( :( i wash my hands of you now officially.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:59 am

sparkly wrote:mac, i'm sure you can look things up.
    usage doesn't reflect truth or facts. lots of folk say reiterate, when they mean repeat..except when they mean accept...don't make it right. i give up on you mac. Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 217567 :( :( :( i wash my hands of you now officially.

rather melodramatic, sparkly - you been taking stage-craft lessons? Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 780422031

And you're officially washing your hands of me - ouch! That stings. Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 114597

I'm still chuckling. Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 738889
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics

Post  Lynn Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:26 am

Panda wrote:I was just thinking... Do you believe that everyone has a soulmate? If so why/why not? Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 15910

Hello

I would wonder on that on as some are NEW Souls to the Earth Plane and would lack maybe that connection.

I have a mate of 30 year's so so so and I am kind in saying that is he me Soul Mate. That be two other men in me life ( and no I have no interest in mating with either of them ). We just match on an energy level that is BLISS when connected.

Me mate of 30 year's now satisfies what one looks for on the " animal " level of choosing a mate. GOOD breading stock.

Lynn :love:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:36 am

mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:It intrigues me that kind of mediumship Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 28115

It's pretty astonishing. When I were but a lad I saw Queenie Nixon in Mansfield church. I knew nowt abaht owt in them days.

Don't know that much nowadays come to that....

Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 809779
    I just love that accent.Mac.
    My grand father originated from your area,takes me back a bit!
    Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 21581
    zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post  zerdini Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 am

Violet wrote:I've heard of Queenie, all good I hasten to add. Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 821538
    I knew Queenie Nixon quite well. The two guides I remember were 'Paul' and 'Sister Edith'.

Paul used to give trance lectures through Queenie and I can recall having quite a debate with him!

Sister Edith gave trance clairvoyance and it was interesting to see how she walked up and down the Sanctuary at Stansted Hall with eyes firmly closed while demonstrating yet never bumping in to anyone or anything.

The transfiguration demonstrations were held in the Library at Stansted where with the aid of a red lamp various entities would transfigure her face.

I still have somewhere the photos she gave me of her transfiguration experiments with scientists at Nottingham University.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:43 pm

zerdini wrote:
    I knew Queenie Nixon quite well. The two guides I remember were 'Paul' and 'Sister Edith'.

Paul used to give trance lectures through Queenie and I can recall having quite a debate with him!

Sister Edith gave trance clairvoyance and it was interesting to see how she walked up and down the Sanctuary at Stansted Hall with eyes firmly closed while demonstrating yet never bumping in to anyone or anything.

The transfiguration demonstrations were held in the Library at Stansted where with the aid of a red lamp various entities would transfigure her face.

I still have somewhere the photos she gave me of her transfiguration experiments with scientists at Nottingham University.

interesting stuff, z You've lead an interesting life - material for a book perhaps?
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:42 pm

mac wrote:
    zerdini wrote:

interesting stuff, z You've lead an interesting life - material for a book perhaps?
    It's true I've had an interesting and spiritually fulfilling life, Mac, but whether it's of interest to anyone else is another matter.

I've posted a fair amount of material on various sites and have been quoted in a number of books - some have accepted it and others have rejected it.

Neither bothers me very much. I am happy to share my experiences.

Whether anyone wants to read it in a book is another matter. It will, I trust, always remain on the internet.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:44 pm

zerdini wrote:
    mac wrote:
    zerdini wrote:

It's true I've had an interesting and spiritually fulfilling life, Mac, but whether it's of interest to anyone else is another matter.

I've posted a fair amount of material on various sites and have been quoted in a number of books - some have accepted it and others have rejected it.

Whether anyone wants to read it in a book is another matter. It will, I trust, always remain on the internet.

I'm interested. Much may be learned from the experiences of others....
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:51 pm

mac wrote:
    zerdini wrote:
    mac wrote:
    zerdini wrote:

I'm interested. Much may be learned from the experiences of others....

I'll bear it in mind, mac. Thanks for that. Does Everyone Have a Soulmate? - Page 3 834839
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Lets get to this subject again.
    I am beginning to doubt whether such a thing as soul mates exist.
    I was discussing this subject with a friend last night and he scoffed at the idea.
    I must admit he started to convince me with his ideas and make me rethink.
    He wholly believes in good friendships and feeling more at home with certain people but states most emphatically,that is all it is.
    He reckons that there are good friendships but we are only like 'ships that pass in the night'.
    I am inclined to believe him.
    Same as soul groups,no such idea according to him!
    How can I convince him?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:39 pm

Joanie wrote:Lets get to this subject again.
    I am beginning to doubt whether such a thing as soul mates exist.
    I was discussing this subject with a friend last night and he scoffed at the idea.
    I must admit he started to convince me with his ideas and make me rethink.
    He wholly believes in good friendships and feeling more at home with certain people but states most emphatically,that is all it is.
    He reckons that there are good friendships but we are only like 'ships that pass in the night'.
    I am inclined to believe him.
    Same as soul groups,no such idea according to him!
    How can I convince him?

Did I convince anyone with what I wrote about soul cell member recognition vs. actual discrete soul-mates? Nah and I doubt you'd be able to convince anyone else if they're closed to any such a discussion.

Does it matter? I don't try to convince anyone of anything. I'll present a piece explaining why I say what I do and I'll continue to engage to support my reasons.

Beyond that if the door is closed then I probably won't bother any further....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:45 pm