Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Amazing!

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Amazing! Empty Amazing!

Post  Violet Mon May 02, 2011 11:25 pm

I've had some cut flowers in my living room since 7th March many have died but some are still going strong, is this a record?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Deepwaters
    Deepwaters

Female
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

Amazing! Empty Re: Amazing!

Post  Deepwaters Tue May 03, 2011 11:38 am

That made it 4 weeks yesterday (Monday 2nd May). Well done, Violet, amazing! Amazing! 821538
    You must have found just the right temperature and light for them.
    What type of flower are they and did you add anything to the water?

My own record is about 3 weeks for cut flowers ; mostly they last around 10-15 days.
    I got roses and lily-of-the-valley at the weekend but sadly they're alreading looking tired.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue May 03, 2011 8:32 pm

All I did was change the water once a week adding a pinch of sugar with each change, I also trimmed a bit from the end of each stem (they soon rot) and removed any dead ones, my living room is ALWAYS very cold even when the weather is hot so this may have helped too Amazing! 821538 I'll try and find out the names I think one of them is those gerbia things like a massive coloured daisy they're notoriously difficult to keep upright never mind alive, that just died this week.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:52 pm