Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Dreaming about things we've never experienced?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Dreaming about things we've never experienced? Empty Dreaming about things we've never experienced?

Post  Violet Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Just to highlight what I mean I often dream i'm driving a car but I can't drive cars and yet somehow I do in the dream though I never remember how, some people dream of giving birth when they've never given birth, is this why a lot of dreams are weird because what we don't know gets filled in by something else?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Dreaming about things we've never experienced? Empty Re: Dreaming about things we've never experienced?

Post  feather Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:02 am

I think symbolism comes into dream understanding because the subconscious communicates by symbols and pictures and feelings... in a way that the mind can respond to...and that might not be anything to do with actually being able to do it.

Driving a car....being in control of where you are going.

I don't town drive...only in the bush where there are no cars and one of my major dreams was about city driving....shock horror!

I used to have this driving dream a lot and it was very frustrating and confusing...because I could not stop the car, and it was always our car....the brakes wouldn't work...I would stamp on the brakes as hard as I could and could not push down the pedal. I could not park, I had to keep driving around and around and mostly it was in a place I didn't know....I would get lost. In the dream I knew that my husband had checked the brakes and it would work for him and couldn't find anything wrong with car.

I don't have that dream anymore...so the issues must have been solved.

We might not be able to do something we dream about....but the emotion or feeling that we are addressing in our life ....could be best understood and communicated by having a that certain thing happen in the dream....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Dreaming about things we've never experienced? Empty Re: Dreaming about things we've never experienced?

Post  Violet Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi Feather, yes that makes sense to me, thank you

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:55 am

My pleasure Violet. I'm no expertDreaming about things we've never experienced? 229495 ...every now and again, I get a bit of inspiration Dreaming about things we've never experienced? 609912 that answers a question.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:09 am