Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Pets Taking on the Attributes of Deceased Siblings?

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Pets Taking on the Attributes of Deceased Siblings? Empty Pets Taking on the Attributes of Deceased Siblings?

Post  1antique Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:18 pm

In the last year we have lost two of our wonderful cats. Their loss has left a huge hole in our hearts. I must admit that they had some rather amusing, and sometimes annoying habits, though. These habits seem to have been picked up by their remaining siblings.

Rascal:

Clawing at towel underneath bedroom door and putting his nose under and meowing loudly to wake me up. Shadow (now also departed) began this same thing after Rascal passed. Since Shadow passed, now Stormy has begun.

Walking around the house meowing constantly to get attention (as if he didn't get enough). Midnight has begun the same thing...will not quit until he gets attention.

Running for the bathroom everytime his 'daddy' headed that direction. He would stay in there until I was finished with whatever I was doing. If I was in the shower, he would sit on the toilet until I was done. Shadow began this almost immediately after he passed. Once she passed, Stormy began the same thing.

Whenever the toilet got flushed, he would have to stand up with his two front feet on the rim and watch the water go down...sticking his head all the way inside the toilet to watch at times. Once we lost him, Midnight began the same exact thing.

Shadow:

Her favorite place to sleep at naptime was next to my pillow with her nose stuck in my ear....purring herself to sleep. Once she passed, TwoFace (who never went to the bedroom...EVER) began coming in, crawling onto the bed, curling up in Shadow's old spot, and purring herself to sleep.

Shadow had a habit of climbing into her mommy and daddy's pants at potty time and going to sleep. Now Stormy does this.

I could go on and on, but.......

My question is this: Are our two babies just letting us know they are still around, is it just a coincidence, or are they attempting to come back because they miss us?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Pets Taking on the Attributes of Deceased Siblings? Empty Re: Pets Taking on the Attributes of Deceased Siblings?

Post  Violet Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:38 pm

I hadn't considered anything like that before Allen you've got me thinking now...

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:47 pm