Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
feather
brightflashes
Lynn
ChloeBell1313
8 posters

Symbols of Protection

ChloeBell1313
    ChloeBell1313

Female
    Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2012-07-12

Symbols of Protection Empty Symbols of Protection

Post  ChloeBell1313 Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:46 pm

I'm really interested in finding out about some symbols of protection. It seems that a lot of the symbols I have come across have multiple or varying meanings. So I would love to know which symbols you like, or feel work well, or ones you have used in the past as spiritual protection symbols.

Post pictures please!

Symbols of Protection 348985
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Symbols of Protection Empty Re: Symbols of Protection

Post  Lynn Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Hello

I would not say I go to "symbols" for protecitons. For me its crystals ones that feel right to me. I do have proctions on the computer I use. I have two keys. I notice that one is broken on the bottom now. I have by the computer a Moonstone I got in England.

For the house wind chimes. I have two that are the Sun and Moon and one new one I just got that is copper. It sounds amazing.

Lynn
    brightflashes
    brightflashes

Female
    Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2012-07-28

Post  brightflashes Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:11 pm

It seems as though a large amount of protective symbols are circular. For example, having your personal "bubble" or the shape of a dream catcher. I tend to see it as a cocoon when I'm meditation, white light surrounding me. Sometime people pray that no negative energy will come into the area where one is doing spiritual work. I know that salt is also a symbol of protection (for me it is at least). Other things that come to mind are blankets, bricks, stones, caves, a suit of armor, a shield ... I might be reaching a bit much here Symbols of Protection 809779I also use crystals as well. I think that when looking at symbols, especially in dreams, being your own symbol-dictionary or finding the symbols that speak to you is probably going to work the best. So anything that you feel drawn to as a protective symbol is something that you might want to look at. As far as genreal protective symbols, can't think of anything right now outside of what I said.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:46 am

As a balancing centering and protection symbol, I visualize an equal armed cross surrounded by a circle. I place the cross extending in 3 dimensions and centered on the object or person and then in 3 dimensions extend the circle in gold like an orb around the object or person. It works as a healing symbol too for me....I call it angel protection.
    ChloeBell1313
    ChloeBell1313

Female
    Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2012-07-12

Post  ChloeBell1313 Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:53 pm

feather wrote:As a balancing centering and protection symbol, I visualize an equal armed cross surrounded by a circle. I place the cross extending in 3 dimensions and centered on the object or person and then in 3 dimensions extend the circle in gold like an orb around the object or person. It works as a healing symbol too for me....I call it angel protection.

This is the one ive been told before. I just cant seem to find any information on origins of it. Besides resembling a native American medicine wheel.
    lovely13
    lovely13
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 1
    Job/hobbies : Fred Meyer's
    Registration date : 2013-01-10

Post  lovely13 Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:16 am

Frogs, pentacles, the eye of Horus, ankhs, nautical stars (to a point). There are many different symbols of protection. I've been searching for some because I believe that everyone should wear a symbol of protection at all times, whether it be in the form of jewelry or a tattoo. Hope this helps a little.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Thankfully people don't carry around things such as rabbits feet any more, though I think that was more for luck than protection, I don't really use anything but I have a necklace with a brown circular stone I wear that sometimes if I fel I need a little something to either boost protect give me courage etc

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    gabzgrl
    gabzgrl

Female
    Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2013-05-14

Post  gabzgrl Tue May 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi I'm new. I started by visualizing a bright pool of light surrounding me, like a strong aura shield surrounded by silver to deflect danger and sorrow. The more I practiced, the greater my ability was and the less I struggled with fatigue and apnea. On occasion I've had dreams and visions that seem to represent a spiritual ancestry through the symbol of golden spiral tattoos on their upper shoulders. I found it strange as I've yet to read about it in history of religions.

I've begun picturing these spirals to connect to earth, also I purchased a talisman when someone tried to jinx me and after I put it on, they contacted me and eventually destroyed the cursed bottle and promised to never do it again while we chanted forgiveness. The talisman was the one of Jupiter, for good health and good fortune. I also have an onyx cross which I believe is protective after I cleansed and blessed it with roses and lavender.

When I put on the necklace I also heard quiet angelic voices read out the names of each angel on the circle. I often pray to Gabriel, Michael, and other Angels.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed May 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi Gabzgrl good to meet you,
    I started by visualizing a bright pool of light surrounding me,
    this is a simple but very effect form of protection :bfs:

I purchased a talisman when someone tried to jinx me and after I put it on, they contacted me and eventually destroyed the cursed bottle and promised to never do it again while we chanted forgiveness.
    Do you believe the jinx worked?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 am