Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
dina
Nextmastermind
astralphoenix
Violet
8 posters

Symbols

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Symbols Empty Symbols

Post  Violet Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:06 pm

I've heard that some mediums work with symbols alone, they are given an image of something and then have to interpret that for their sitter, what are your thoughts on this?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    astralphoenix
    astralphoenix

Female
    Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

Symbols Empty Re: Symbols

Post  astralphoenix Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:53 am

I work with symbols a lot. But I have learnt how to figure them out quite quickly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:54 pm

I don't get a lot of symbols, it's funny how each of us are doing the same thing but in so many different ways

Nextmastermind
    Just joined

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post  Nextmastermind Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:29 am

Me neither, Violet.
    dina

Female
    Number of posts : 17
    Job/hobbies : full time mother
    Registration date : 2011-02-05

Post  dina Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:03 am

Can anybody recommend a book on the signs and symbols,? thats my home-work from open circle this week..
    @ open circle last night my hubby had a book given to him by in meditation, we think this is a symbol for learning,
    mine was very strange orange ribbons spiraling around me (above and below) like is has stood in the centre of a spiral.. I dont understand this ????
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:11 am

I have been given messages by mediums using symbols.
    They usually tell me what the symbols are then give me the message as to what they think they mean.
    I had a message the other day from a friend.
    She 'saw' two glasses with sparkly wine then asked me if I had an aniversary coming up to which I replied 'yes!'.
    Symbols 28115
    Joanie
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:06 pm

dina wrote:Can anybody recommend a book on the signs and symbols,? thats my home-work from open circle this week..
    @ open circle last night my hubby had a book given to him by in meditation, we think this is a symbol for learning,
    mine was very strange orange ribbons spiraling around me (above and below) like is has stood in the centre of a spiral.. I dont understand this ????

hi Dina there are lots of books check Amazon. but the problem with books is that often symbols are personal and books only give you the colective meaning of a symbol. so yes, it is good to know the general common meaning, but very often it will not make sense as the symbol is for you to understand and it is only you who can find its meaning. sometimes meaning comes fast, sometimes it can take weeks and months...
    and if you are going to find a book, look for BOOKSssssss as you will find meanings differ from one book to another sometimes..

it is really interesting symbol you got there, my first thought was about DNA..not sure if this tells anything to you.
    but think what the colour orange means to you, and what feelings you get from a spial.
    for some reason i feel it is connected to your 2nd chakra but maybe it is only because of the colour.
    do something with the symbol, like use orange during your day, in any way that suits you. maybe you would like to draw a spiral on a paper or even around your body.
    meditate with your symbol...and take notes of your feelings and thought.... see where it will take you.

hi Joanie.. nice for you!!!!

and yes V, i get many symbols, i see world in symbols. not allways it is easy to understand or even to explain them when i do understand them, but now i got used to them, at first it was very hard.. it was like learning a new language.
    today i can say i enjoy working with symbols...but luckly it is not the only mean of communication i get :)

S
    dina

Female
    Number of posts : 17
    Job/hobbies : full time mother
    Registration date : 2011-02-05

Post  dina Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:05 pm

I have discovered thet the spiral meant continuity/ never ending which was like a confirmation of the afterlife for myself, I am pleased with this break through. still not sure about the colour ?? orange isnt a colour I would wear... I see it as being loud/brash uncomfortable almost over confidant for me personally, but in this certain instance I dont think the colour was particually the sign, im sure the symbol of the spiral was.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Hello

By symbols does one mean being shown personal effect or favorite toy ? For many that come to me I am shown something that was of importance to them so that there can be more concrete proof that I have the RIGHT person with me, or that I have more PROOF at hand. What I feel the image or symbol does is takes away that worry one has of ye "cold reading" them. In that ye are reading body language or picking up on changes in their emotions. Where if ye can say I have with me say a toy train, and ye can give them to colours of it and feel it if be wood or mental ext. It bring in more comfort ye do have thier LOVed one.

Too when I be working a case symbols are all important for location. Roadsigns, building names, ground covers ext.
    Lynn
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:03 pm

dina wrote:I have discovered thet the spiral meant continuity/ never ending which was like a confirmation of the afterlife for myself, I am pleased with this break through. still not sure about the colour ?? orange isnt a colour I would wear... I see it as being loud/brash uncomfortable almost over confidant for me personally, but in this certain instance I dont think the colour was particually the sign, im sure the symbol of the spiral was.
    Hi Dina!
    I have been given the number '8' for the same as the spiral.
    Continuity.
    Joanie. x
    Viking
    Viking

Female
    Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Viking Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:54 pm

All I know is that John Edward gets symbols a lot. If they're good enough for him, then be happy if you get them.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Viking wrote:All I know is that John Edward gets symbols a lot. If they're good enough for him, then be happy if you get them.

That's true,Viking,good medium.
    Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi Dina that's strange, I don't like orange for the same reason.
    I feel orange represents vibrancy and energy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:55 pm