Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Dreams more than symbols?

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Dreams more than symbols? Empty Dreams more than symbols?

Post  innerlight Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Are dreams ever more than symbols? Are they ever literal?
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Dreams more than symbols? Empty Re: Dreams more than symbols?

Post  shayn Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 pm

i'm not sure what you mean innerlight, do you mean if dreams are as is? that they show you something and it is not a symbol but just it? and just it as just a dream, something your brain is thinking about? as if thoughts in images while sleeping and nothing more? or as is, meaning you see a black car and it is a black car you will see sometime soon in real life?

my answer and it is only my poor opinion: yes to all the above. dreams are sometimes symbols, sometimes just thoughts in images and sometimes tell you just that about real life.

not sure if it helps :cupcake:

s
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 pm

OK, let my clarify this point then.

Say you are having a dream, and in this dream you are driving a car. In this dream you get lost.

Is that a literal dream, or is the dream symbolic of you living your life, and you feeling lost in life.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Yes I think a lot of dreams are just symbolic to try and highlight issues in our waking life but other dreams can be far more significant such as prophetic dreams, but sometimes you don't realise they are prophetic until the event you dreamed of happens.

Then we have the warning dreams I was shown something repeatedly during dreams and I didn't want to believe it but finally I realised I had to and I found out it was true.

Then we have the visitation dreams where spirits will enter our dreams, I think this happens because during our day to day lives often we don't have 'room' for the spiritual side of things or we are closed to it so it can be the only way to get a message to us.

I've probably missed out on a whole heap of things but that's the quick responseDreams more than symbols? 809779

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 pm

the answer is yes to both. it can be this and it can be that, it is up to you or the person who interpreted the dreams to figure that out.

i'd say something like that, if you sow a movie or read a book before you went to sleep and it was about driving cars or being lost, or maybe it was something during the day that you noticed or heard, it might come up again in your dream and just be that. your brain processing info.
    if you are feeling lost in your life maybe the dream is symbolic.
    sometimes, very often actually dreams are just dreams.

is this helping?
    there are theories about if you had the dream on such and such hour and on this or that day it might mean this or that.. i don't believe in such theories nor remember much of them. but you can look it up over the net and it might help you??

S
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Thank you two... Dreams more than symbols? 21581

I think that is always gonna be the hard part. Trying to decide if the dream is literal, or if it's symbolic to you. I do think, a lot of those supposed spirit visits, are just manifestations of the persons subconscious that is doing the dreaming.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 pm

I think the dreams which repeat themselves or dreams which are very vivid are the ones to pay attention to, i'd also take note of any in which spirits visited.

I know someone who's favourite uncle (in spirit) pops into her dreams and gives her a hug if she feels down it always gives her a boost.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Violet wrote:I think the dreams which repeat themselves or dreams which are very vivid are the ones to pay attention to, i'd also take note of any in which spirits visited.

I know someone who's favourite uncle (in spirit) pops into her dreams and gives her a hug if she feels down it always gives her a boost.

I have themes that repeat. And a theme or two that I haven't figured out it's meaning. I constantly dream about a place I used to work 12 years ago. I dream about working there again. Even though it went bankrupt in '04. Some of the dreams I end up buying the place I worked at. Some themes I think are a result of my thoughts in life crossing over. Some are a theme that has never happened. Such as being married, and having a daughter.

As for family in spirit, it's usually only my mom that is ever in my dreams. I think a bulk of those dreams are my subconscious. The select handful are actual visits. I can tell by the way the dream feels, if that makes sense.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 pm

I constantly dream about a place I used to work 12 years ago. I dream about working there again. Even though it went bankrupt in '04. Some of the dreams I end up buying the place I worked at.
    Perhaps deep down you yearn to be back there ?
    Some are a theme that has never happened. Such as being married, and having a daughter.

This may be prophetic or some might say a past life memory?

I can tell by the way the dream feels, if that makes sense.
    Yeah I totally get this and as you say some may just be dreams about your mum that's natural in the circumstances, but I'm sure some are visitsDreams more than symbols? 21581

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Violet wrote:
    Perhaps deep down you yearn to be back there ?

I dunno, I hated that job. It was grunt work. Loved the people, but still talk to most of them. Some of them I do not talk to, and I do wish I did. Some of them were some great people.

This may be prophetic or some might say a past life memory?

I have thought a possible alternate reality of seeing things. As i remember in one dream like that it was a year that was passed and I know that I was not married and had a kid in that year. It could be possible just wishful thinking on my part.

Yeah I totally get this and as you say some may just be dreams about your mum that's natural in the circumstances, but I'm sure some are visitsDreams more than symbols? 21581

I'm sure some are visits. It is weird that for the most part my mom is the only one that really is in dreams. Of all the family that have passed over it's usually my mom that I see. My aunt has been in 2 dreams and both times she delivered vital information to me.
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:36 pm

I definitely agree with Violet. (By the way, I'm noticing that I seem to agree with a lot of your posts. Lol!) I think the bulk of our dreams are symbolic, but then there are precognitive dreams, visitations, wish fulfillment dreams, everyday life spilling into our dreams, etc.
    As for visitations, in my experience I usually feel it's more than a regular dream because the spirits don't literally speak to me. It's more telepathic, or they just smile or give me a hug or hand me a bouquet of flowers.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:37 pm

By the way, I'm noticing that I seem to agree with a lot of your posts. Lol!)
    Dreams more than symbols? 809779

because the spirits don't literally speak to me. It's more telepathic, or they just smile or give me a hug or hand me a bouquet of flowers.

That's a really interesting point you're making there Beware -Of- Italics, what about others here do your spirit visitors speak in dreams or not?

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Violet wrote:That's a really interesting point you're making there Beware -Of- Italics, what about others here do your spirit visitors speak in dreams or not?

Telepathic... or more often like I just know what they're saying/mean... almost like intuition.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:08 pm

The one I saw in my dream sat bolt upright in her coffin and said 'i'm not dead you know' never have I jumped so high in a dream.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:37 am