Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
SpiritVoices
CW
1antique
brightflashes
8 posters

Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut?

brightflashes
    brightflashes

Female
    Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2012-07-28

Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut? Empty Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut?

Post  brightflashes Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:30 pm

I just stumbled upon a website, talking about gut feelings and a thought occurred to me: The term "gut feeling", does it originate because most people feel their sensing/intuition of the unknown in the gut area or is it a phrase that describes all feelings grouped together. For example, I get "gut feelings" all the time, but they come with just a quick flash in my body as if my body has gotten warmer quickly and then returns to normal. Or sometimes my mind will go completely calm.

Do you experience your gut feelings actually in your gut area or is it in a different area?
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut? Empty Re: Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut?

Post  1antique Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:42 am

I thought the answer to this question (as far as the origins of this phrase) would be easy, but, after a lot of searching, the answer eludes me. It seems as if the only references I could locate were from the Bible...but they seem to speak more of butterflies in the stomach than anything else.
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut? Empty Re: Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut?

Post  CW Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Hello brightflashes, I believe we refer to this term because of the 3rd chakra, which is located just above the naval also known as the Solar Plexus. This one is the chakra that connects our emotions to our solar system or what we call the universe. You can read more about this at: http://www.rickrichards.com/Chakras.htm

It is my humble opinion that chakra's are real and vital to our universal alignment as the spinal cord is to our physical alignment.

Love to all...
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:13 pm

On the physical side of it,is it that taut feeling we feel in our stomach muscles?

Like a sudden jolt in the tummy when danger threatens?

Joanie
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:11 am

Joanie wrote:On the physical side of it,is it that taut feeling we feel in our stomach muscles?

Joanie

Yes I agree Joanie. They talk about 'gut feeling' or 'gut instinct'... it's the subconscious physical response to perceived danger....It's like a 'burglar alarm'....the survival instinct that developed way back during animal evolution....and humans still have it in varying degrees.

Type 0 blood type people have a finer setting on their 'gut instinct' and their internal immune response too because they have the physiology of the first hunter gatherers..They have a stronger physical 'gut feeling' ...survival depended on it because they faced real danger in everyday life.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:17 am

Also the sick feeling that comes with that wrench in the tummy....Primal instinct sets off physical reaction.
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Yes I agree Joanie. They talk about 'gut feeling' or 'gut instinct'...
    it's the subconscious physical response to perceived danger....It's like
    a 'burglar alarm'....the survival instinct that developed way back
    during animal evolution....and humans still have it in varying degrees.

Type
    0 blood type people have a finer setting on their 'gut instinct' and
    their internal immune response too because they have the physiology of
    the first hunter gatherers..They have a stronger physical 'gut feeling'
    ...survival depended on it because they faced real danger in everyday
    life.

On the physical side of it,is it that taut feeling we feel in our stomach muscles?

Joanie
    While I totally agree with both of you, these gut feelings are the purest of emotions. From prsonal experience these so called gut feelings has; summoned help for me, warned me of things to come, allowed me to experience life beyond my physical aspects (OBE), disbursed healing energy throughout my body, just to name a few. There is so much we can accomplish when we harness the power of the Solar Plexus. We don't even need to understand the physics of how, what, when, etc.... One thing I've come to know is that these type feelings are not exclusively our own. Gut feelings are shared throughout the solar system. Ever been in a frightening situation wherein it seem as if help came from out of no where? IMHO, that our gut as we mentioned here, commands help before we can even ask. The same for things we strongly desire. Ever want something so much you can feel it in your gut? Then all of a sudden you get it or it appears like it was waiting just for you to come along and claim it.

These are examples of how our 3 chakra (aka) Solar Plexus works for us. I often refer to chakras as the spiritual spinal cord. I best be quiet now before I put foot into mouth. Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut? 348985

Love to all...

Last edited by CW on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 pm

So it's a spiritual thing as well,Cw?

I know what you mean by Solar Plexus,CW.

In a different vein,wonder where the word 'Solar Plexus' came from?

Solar is connected to the sun,isn't it?

Why that?

Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut? 160943
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:03 pm

As well as the other planetary alignments surrounding us (Earth) and the sun .

love to all...
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Like many of you have already said our 'gut feelings' are I think not just physical but also spiritual.
    I have had many 'gut feelings' mainly I must say about people and nearly always I've been right to follow these feelings.

Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut? 348985
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:23 pm

I totally agree with you Assumpta, I follow my gut feelings they don't lead me wrong. I've had my share of not listening to gut feelings and I always regret it. Are your "gut feelings" actually felt in your gut? 45824

Sometimes I'll get the whispering voice along with the gut feeling. This one is serious business!
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:28 am

Gut is the area where the solar plexus is, as well as the third chakra, the bridge between the spiritual self and the physical.
    It is logical, if a message comes in from our higher self, let's say, it could be felt n the highest chakra of the physical.
    When I connect to what I call my divine self, I feel very quick yes answers and confirmations, to a thought or thought process, in this area as muscle contractions.
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Thank you very much Detlef, very well said. I love the simplicity in your message.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Yes I was going to post about the solar plexus but many have already, it can feel very much like butterflies in that area when in communication with spirits too.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:46 am