Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Whisperingteams
SpiritVoices
Lynn
7 posters

The Positive and Negative Effect You Feel from Crystals

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

crystals - The Positive and Negative Effect You Feel from Crystals  Empty The Positive and Negative Effect You Feel from Crystals

Post  Lynn Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Hello

Like all things what might be suggested to work well for one person might not for the next person.  So when we go to look up crystals for things that we might want to try them for how many times has one found its not what one sought to find ?  What I mean by this is that the crystal had totally the opposite effect.  Instead of opening the flow it blocked the flow or even caused some physical pains on some levels.  

For me that is Amethyst.  It was amazing for me Son and helped him to heal his knee but for me its not a good one to have around.  I feel even the energy from it when I enter his room.  Its well cleansed and well cared for so that is not the issue, it was a gift from a healer friend so I know well its blessed with only LOVe.  I just do not resonate with that stone.  I do not even use it in the healing work I do in fears that I might transfer what I pick up to someone....even though I know well I am grounded enough not to allow that to happen.  

As a healer I have had people bring their crystals with them at times to aid in the healing for them, how do others work with that energy as its not always the best that surrounds them.  I never say NO as its important to their path but I will find me something to put with me to balance out the energy flows. 

I use very strong crystals for me Hematite and Tourmalated Quartz.  Both are on the more powerful ends of the spectrum and to seem to take time to balance to using. 

I have a friend with Moltative and I do not care for it....

Lynn
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

crystals - The Positive and Negative Effect You Feel from Crystals  Empty Re: The Positive and Negative Effect You Feel from Crystals

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Lynn,I have a necklace that my daughter bought me for my 60th birthday.
    It is a dark grey with faint stripes across it of a lighter grey.
    Inset in that is a ruby.

What is the greyish stone or crystal,please and what does it do for us?
    Whisperingteams
    Whisperingteams

Female
    Number of posts : 288
    Registration date : 2013-07-10

crystals - The Positive and Negative Effect You Feel from Crystals  Empty Re: The Positive and Negative Effect You Feel from Crystals

Post  Whisperingteams Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 pm

I think everyone is different, what resonates with one, doesnt resonate with another,, so yes i concur

today I am wearing golden tiger eye and zincite :))

zincite was calling to me today, so i grabbed a piece and wire wrapped it for a pendant..

any chances of a photo spiritvoices?
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:30 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Lynn,I have a necklace that my daughter bought me for my 60th birthday.
    Inset in that is a ruby.

Hello

The most common that would be combined with Ruby is Obsidian its a grey. 

Powers: Protection, grounding, divination and peace
    Obsidian is a grounding and centering stone, it is quite effective when carried or utilized in protection ritual. By grounding spiritual energy in the physical plane, obsidian connects the mind and emotions. Absorbing and destroying negative energies, cleaning the subconscious blockages one may have, and then releasing stress.

The ruby provides and incredibly power shield against harmful intentions. If you are caught up in a sticky legal dispute or personal conflict of some kind, this gemstone can aid you in manifesting the correct outcome. This gemstone can also guard you against psychic or physical attack.
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:00 am

I actually did a thread regarding this matter  alittle while ago, didnt get much replies regarding said question, lol.

I had recently not too long ago put my crystals and left them out to dry, and forgot about them. SO after I bough them in I have like 40 ish, I tried to charge them with reiki one by one and find which are better for me. I find not only different crystals but also the different stones of same said crystal and size have different affects also.

So anyways I kept the lot in the living room and my room isnt too far from it above and I felt drained the last week or so, been sleeping soo much and still tired etc, as well as in alot of pain, so after this thread I just got an idea and removed it and put it other side of the house, so thanks for the hint, lol. I still have some chips maybe they need to be cleared and also cleansed, also a fat amethyst and few other stones so ill see about them. But I feel I can breath more now. I guess your rite sometimes even being in a big room or far away it still affects us.

I find that amethyst doesnt work for me either, I dont know why its hyped so much! However I have  asmall in my puch.

Crystal I have for chakras 7, from root are

Ruby
    Carnelian
    Citrine
    Rose quartz
    Blue lace Agate
    Amethyst and
    Clear Quartz

I find the rose quartz kind blocks energy flow in the heart chakra, but kind helps deal with pain, its a big stone but has that I duno bloaty energy feel? Amethyst hurts my neck, injury, and although activates the eye more makes it feel limited, the carnelian is also similar, citrine is ok, blue lace is big stone and well my neck has been hurting alot since usign crystals again so I duno, this after I lost my home made bracelet from chips.

The clear quartz also slows energy flow but I think sometimes its needed a bit, also empowers others and destroys negativity.

Any Ideas on better stones for one grounding? I found red jasper too blocking, and apparently works for the sacral chakra as well? I have black obsidian its too much.

I know we have the root chakra and red stones and black that grounds us to the Earth which is apparently black dark brown, pulling energy up from the feet. I was told Heamatite is more for the Earth, but it gives me the cloudy feeling.

Also I think it goes on how our chakras are.

Last edited by eyeopen on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:46 am

Hello

Here is a list...I have worked with these one's and have used them in workshops. 

Grounding Stones

Black Onyx -
    Good for clearing or removing unwanted excess energy.

Carnelian -
    Encourages a positive and balanced state of mind.

Prevents other’s from reading ye’s thoughts.
    Protection in travels after one’s death.

Sodalite -
    Mild sedation stone. 
    In meditations helps to calm and clear the mind.
    Good for balancing out the logician with the Spiritual.

Tiger’s Eye -
    Used for balance and grounding .

In meditations helps to smooth out emotional traumas .

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:28 am

Lynn wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Lynn,I have a necklace that my daughter bought me for my 60th birthday.
    Inset in that is a ruby.

Hello

Obsidian is a grounding and centering stone, it is quite effective when carried or utilized in protection ritual. By grounding spiritual energy in the physical plane, obsidian connects the mind and emotions. Absorbing and destroying negative energies, cleaning the subconscious blockages one may have, and then releasing stress.

The ruby provides and incredibly power shield against harmful intentions. If you are caught up in a sticky legal dispute or personal conflict of some kind, this gemstone can aid you in manifesting the correct outcome. This gemstone can also guard you against psychic or physical attack.
    Well,this necklace has done me well,Lynn.   Thank you.
    I have had it nearly 20 years and noticed when events in my life go wrong,that they seem to me,to straighten out.  Always ends up in a happy ending.
    Thank you so much,Lynn....:love:

Last edited by SpiritVoices on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed word)
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:40 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Lynn wrote:
    Inset in that is a ruby.

Hello

I have had it nearly 20 years and noticed when events in my life go wrong,that they seem to me,to straighten out.  Always ends up in a happy ending.

The Crystal is Green Fern Agate with a ruby on the top set in silver .....:):urwelcome: :urwelcome:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 pm

RavenMoon wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Lynn wrote:
    Inset in that is a ruby.

Hello

The Crystal is Green Fern Agate with a ruby on the top set in silver .....:):urwelcome: :urwelcome: O
    The ruby seems to be unusual with the Obsidian.    I never realised they go together.    Thought it was an unusual mixture....but I love it!
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Lynn wrote:Hello

Here is a list...I have worked with these one's and have used them in workshops. 

Grounding Stones

Black Onyx -

Carnelian -

Sodalite -
    Mild sedation stone. 

Tiger’s Eye -

Hi, thanks,

I already have sodalite and tigers eye, I feel sodalite is too powerful, and tigers eye sodalite specially works but hurts my neck, I using a smaller blue lace it feels bit better. neck still hurts.

Have you got any to replace amethyst? I took other stones out of room now feels better now.

I need different one for sacral, I have carnelian too, sorry that wat I meant by canellia lol edited now. also differentone for heart.
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:23 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Lynn wrote:
    Inset in that is a ruby.

Hello

I bought a necklace with an amethyst, dont use it now, but I realised it did help throat chakra issues, and then later realised the silver necklace itself affected the throat chakra too.

Also they are good to keep of bad energies.
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:44 pm

I carry with me everyday a moonstone, a pyrite, a malachite, an iolite, a calcite and some orange/brown stone. (cant figure out what it is)  Just added a sodalite and a hot pink crackle quartz to the mix.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Moonstones?   I like those.   Have a ring with a blue stone in it....not a sapphire,not sure what it is but has two moonstones either side of it.

I bought a lot of these dress rings in Oz.    Beautiful rings and a lot more cheaper over there....
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Sounds like a beautiful ring.  Dress rings?  Never heard that before.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:25 pm

They're called dress rings,partofme,cos they are usually worn as a decoration on the hand.    Nor formal rings like a wedding or engagement ring.
    My step son deals in antique jewelry....So he often brings a ring or bracelet for me.
    Free of charge......:yay:
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:21 pm

eyeopen wrote:

Grounding Stones

Black Onyx -

Carnelian -

Sodalite -
    Mild sedation stone. 

Tiger’s Eye -

Hi, thanks,

I already have sodalite and tigers eye, I feel sodalite is too powerful, and tigers eye sodalite specially works but hurts my neck, I using a smaller blue lace it feels bit better. neck still hurts.

Looking at what I know are healing crystals.  Rose Quartz is a gentle one, but many times people make the mistake of getting a large chunck of it....or it made into a heart.  In this it does become strong as it pulls on the heart.  Raw and small is what I like best with this one.  I have neck issues and I  sleep with rose quartz at times.  Many like Apache tears, I have not used that one in years.  Turquoise is a nice gentle one but to sleep with it I find it makes me want up to pee too many times in the night as its energies tie to the oceans.    I avoid silver with a passon, 

Have you got any to replace amethyst? I took other stones out of room now feels better now.  Moonstone is nice. I keep that in the window. 

I need different one for sacral, I have carnelian too, sorry that wat I meant by canellia lol edited now. also differentone for heart.
    For that I use Moonstone.   For the heart I use Green Aventurine.

eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Lynn wrote:
    eyeopen wrote:

Grounding Stones

Black Onyx -

Carnelian -

Sodalite -
    Mild sedation stone. 

Tiger’s Eye -

Hi, thanks,

Looking at what I know are healing crystals.  Rose Quartz is a gentle one, but many times people make the mistake of getting a large chunck of it....or it made into a heart.  In this it does become strong as it pulls on the heart.  Raw and small is what I like best with this one.  I have neck issues and I  sleep with rose quartz at times.  Many like Apache tears, I have not used that one in years.  Turquoise is a nice gentle one but to sleep with it I find it makes me want up to pee too many times in the night as its energies tie to the oceans.    I avoid silver with a passon, 

Have you got any to replace amethyst? I took other stones out of room now feels better now.  Moonstone is nice. I keep that in the window. 

For that I use Moonstone.   For the heart I use Green Aventurine.

Thanks for your advice,

Yeh my Rose quartz is massive, I have to, one is pinker and smaller they feel, not any crystal shops nearby I ordered all my stone sor most from ebay. Maybe why my ruby doesnt ground me much its tiny! smallest one I got I think. My clear quartz is big too. I thought the heart wasnt actuall a heart shape? An they have different colour pink for higher green for lower? hense maybe need 2 heart stones? I have unikite, again thats big and heavy on me. Mayeb ill try it.

I did have moon stone, there was a time I didnt know the bad effects of the crystals and was in shape so it didnt affect me much and had like 40 in a pouch. I know I had moonstone, but then neice and nephew kept finding them when I kept some seperate and some of them disappeared. lol

The moonstone I remember was too strong for me, was big crystal. was is, lol. Illl check it out onyl thing is the other ones they all need cleansing and charging and they different when they arent chakrged etc.

Turquoise, I have heard of this one, maybe ill try it. But I dont wish to dehydrate, lol.

I have a list, will order some soon, I guess I just wish to see if theres any I have that will help me.

Have you heard of etheric crystals?
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female

Post  RavenMoon Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:25 pm

You can use the Ethereal crystal energies in your healing treatments, and other holistic treatments.

Use them for clearing spaces & protection. and to create Gem Elixirs, you can also use the ethereal crystals to strengthen the physical Gem Stone.  

The Ethereal Crystals are more powerful than the physical crystals, therefore you can enhance your treatments by using them.

:asmile:
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Im impressed, lol.

what kind of crystals could one clearing spaces and for protection?

I am a reiki master, also other healings etc, But still never understood what it meant to use them in healing, lol. As in you just put them where needed or put energy threw them?

I hear you can put them in other crystals, lol.

I have no idea about Gem Elixirs, although heard about them, isist similar to what teh Charmed ones use to do in the US tv series?

:blush:
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female

Post  RavenMoon Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Most Gem elixirs are made by placing the cleaned stone or stones chosen in a clear glass or crystal container with pure water and placing this in sunlight for several hours. Two to four hours is common, though on a very bright sunny day at noon, full charging can occur in as little as half an hour, and on overcast or cloudy days it can take much longer.

Some people keep the gemstones in the water for a minimum of an entire day (24 hours), and some people take a week to a fortnight to make an elixir, spending some time each day to mentally reinforce the intention.  elixirs are made outside on bright sunny days. Very cloudy days are not always suitable for making most gem elixirs.

The time of day does not seem to be a  factor in the making of  gem elixirs but they are often made in the morning or at noon. always check with a good up to date version of the "Crystal Bible" for a chosen crystals qualities and instructions or needs.
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:06 pm

RavenMoon wrote:Most Gem elixirs are made by placing the cleaned stone or stones chosen in a clear glass or crystal container with pure water and placing this in sunlight for several hours. Two to four hours is common, though on a very bright sunny day at noon, full charging can occur in as little as half an hour, and on overcast or cloudy days it can take much longer.

Some people keep the gemstones in the water for a minimum of an entire day (24 hours), and some people take a week to a fortnight to make an elixir, spending some time each day to mentally reinforce the intention.  elixirs are made outside on bright sunny days. Very cloudy days are not always suitable for making most gem elixirs.

The time of day does not seem to be a  factor in the making of  gem elixirs but they are often made in the morning or at noon. always check with a good up to date version of the "Crystal Bible" for a chosen crystals qualities and instructions or needs.
    Fascinating...
    Are you able to read what stones are good for someone to use?  Me as a guinea pig?  :blush:

Im one that thinks the stones I aquire, are meant for me.  Most of mine do the same thing which I didnt know the full extent until looking them up the other day.
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female

Post  RavenMoon Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Most crystals will pick you by drawing you to them.... you can use a dowser if you are undecided  as to which crystal you need...  I have in the past  arranged a few crystals on a my special mat and then use one of my dowsers  to circle over the picked crystal.

crystals are very special to each of us, if we treat them with respect and courtesy.

use the help of spirit in accordance with the energies of the crystals and see & feel the difference. Always remember that any crystal healing require you to drink plenty of water to wash the negativity and toxins out of the body so the cleansing can complete.
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks,

So the Elixirs are so the water gets charged? I use to do this and use salt in bowl to cleanse charge them before I new reiki.

so what do people use them for cleansing etc? so the water can be drained after?

What crystals are good for cleansing?
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female

Post  RavenMoon Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:52 pm

the water the crystals are in can be drunk.. always check the properties of the crystals first.. I always used to have Citrine crystals  in my water jug in the kitchen,  I just refilled it every night and drank the water each day.....is very good for stomach problems exp. I B S.. 

here is a very good site.... I have many crystals - Generators, Lemurians, I always go for the usual ones. lol....

http://www.dnaalchemy.com/Properties_of_Lemurian_Seed_Crystals.html
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:23 am

I'd advise against buying elixirs online, make your own wherever possible and as Ravenmoon says check the properties first also some crystals can break down in water, also note whether they are suitable for certain conditions pregnancy etc

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:45 am