Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Controlling sleep without a clock?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Controlling sleep without a clock? Empty Controlling sleep without a clock?

Post  Violet Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 am

Lately it seems I can sometimes control my sleep, example, the cat decided to wake me as it wanted to go out at 3am to toilet, grumbling I got up let it out then went back to bed, fell back asleep knowing I wanted the cat back in as it was freezing outside I woke up exactly an hour later and went to let the cat in, things like this have happened a few times, coincidences or am I controlling my sleep or could something else be giving me the nudge to wake up

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Controlling sleep without a clock? Empty Re: Controlling sleep without a clock?

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:01 am

Interesting topic,Violet.....All I can think of is that the memory retained the information which was quite possibly lying in the brain?    
    Normally like waking up early in the mornings at the same time,but I call that a habit.    
    Or did spirit give you a gentle nudge?......
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:00 pm

Violet wrote:Lately it seems I can sometimes control my sleep, example, the cat decided to wake me as it wanted to go out at 3am to toilet, grumbling I got up let it out then went back to bed, fell back asleep knowing I wanted the cat back in as it was freezing outside I woke up exactly an hour later and went to let the cat in, things like this have happened a few times, coincidences or am I controlling my sleep or could something else be giving me the nudge to wake up
    My take on it is that subconsciously youve set it.  When we are asleep, subconscious is still awake.
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:39 pm

I havent used a clock for years... When I have a day off or on a late shift sleep, I can sleep till 06:30 or later.. but when on a early shift I will wake at 05:15 or slightly later - so yes You can "program your self to walk up at a particular time.  :candle:

Last edited by RavenMoon on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dyslexic senile dementia ramblings lol lol)
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:38 am

RavenMoon wrote:I havent used a clock for years... When I have a day off or on a late shift sleep, I can sleep till 06:30 or later.. but when on a early shift I will wake at 05:15 or slightly later - so yes You can "program your self to walk up at a particular time.  :candle:
    I like your Edit at the bottom of your post....You do know it runs in the family,don't you........ :grin: ?
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:17 pm

I have always wondered if the body gets used to waking at certain times.  I do know that like Violet if the dog goes out during the night in the summer l wake up around an hour or so later and listen to see if he's at the door.  I do think we can control ourselves to wake up at a certain time though I mean our ancestors used to before clocks were invented.

:astar:

Post  Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:26 pm

my body wakes me at 6 a.m every morning..but sunday....it wakes me at 9 then

My body likes me on sundays
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:22 pm

I wish mine did....Too many years of rising early for work.

Two young children to drag out of bed to take them to a baby sitter.
    One bus to get to the railway station,one train to get into town.
    All to start work at 8.30am.....Return journey the same.....
    I hope my next life is a little easier..... :blush:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:04 pm