Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Controlling your Dreams

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Controlling your Dreams Empty Controlling your Dreams

Post  Violet Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:41 am

Can you wake yourself up if you need to?

Can you get up go to the loo, or even downstairs for a cigarette and then back up to bed and get straight back into the same dream and continue it like you'd never woken up.

Can you change the way your dream is going?

Can you 'force' yourself to dream of something (or someone)?
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Controlling your Dreams Empty Re: Controlling your Dreams

Post  innerlight Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:32 am

Usually when a person who does most of these, change the dream, and do
    whatever you want. It's considered that the dreamer is not dreaming and
    has started lucid dreaming.

I would like to learn how to
    reenter dreams. Some say you can reenter at any time after you dream.
    Just by focusing on the part of the dream you remember. Then you can
    talk to anything in the dream to see what it is there and is trying to
    tell you.

I can wake up from my dreams some times. Usually
    when I'm running from someone or something scary I have some internal
    hunch that I can wake up if I want to. Most times I'm lost in my dreams
    and can't tell if they are real or dreams.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:39 am

Best thing I find for re enterering dreams is when I wake up take a few moments thinking about where you were in the dream then close your eyes and drift back in.
    I find this quite easy because it takes me a long time to 'come round' properly from a dream in fact I have been known on a few occasions to go downstairs looking for my partner and though i'm 'awake' i'm still actually dreaming, this seems to happen more with nightmares though and even when i've woke up properly I can shut my eyes and be right back there.

Shame we can't swap trades innerlight AP for re entering dreams

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:44 am

I can do that if I don't move.. If I stay absolutely still when waking I can reenter. What I have been told is a person can reenter a dream at anytime after the dream. Not just laying there before waking.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:47 am

Yeah it's true i've done it a few days (nights) later, it can be done

gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Post  gwenddydd Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Lucid dreaming is such fun!
    I was very lucky, when I went through my nightmare period when I was three (quite a few todlers go through that somewhere between the ages of 2 and 4) my mum, as a single mum was clever and creative enough to do two things:

The first was that she kept telling me:

Its your dream, its happening in your mind, your the boss, just change what you dont like.

The second is that she made me a dreamguard. A little seriouslooking teddy bear, with a wizards staff, a pirats earring, a golden heart and a little gem on his "third eye" to guard me while I was sleeping.

The dreamguard helped grandly, because children still have that "magickal thinking". But her telling me that I could controll my dreams, over and over, is probably what helped the most. Because very soon I started noticing I could change things. Ever since I've been able to dream lucidly, initially fear was my trigger, nut by now I've grown past needing a trigger....
    :med:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:26 am

gwenddydd wrote:Lucid dreaming is such fun!
    I was very lucky, when I went through my nightmare period when I was three (quite a few todlers go through that somewhere between the ages of 2 and 4) my mum, as a single mum was clever and creative enough to do two things:

The first was that she kept telling me:

Its your dream, its happening in your mind, your the boss, just change what you dont like.

The second is that she made me a dreamguard. A little seriouslooking teddy bear, with a wizards staff, a pirats earring, a golden heart and a little gem on his "third eye" to guard me while I was sleeping.

The dreamguard helped grandly, because children still have that "magickal thinking". But her telling me that I could controll my dreams, over and over, is probably what helped the most. Because very soon I started noticing I could change things. Ever since I've been able to dream lucidly, initially fear was my trigger, nut by now I've grown past needing a trigger....
    :med:

Your mum sounds fab :grin: what a great thing to do :grin: I don't think I got out of the nightmare stage properly until fairly recently. I didn't have them as often as when I was small but more often than most I think.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:54 pm