Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Carolyn
Violet
6 posters

Predicting death in readings

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Predicting death in readings Empty Predicting death in readings

Post  Violet Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:59 pm

What are your thoughts on this? Have you ever seen a death in a reading and if so did you tell your client openly, did you tell them in a roundabout way or simply not mention it at all?
    Do you think it's right to predict a death to a stranger, do you think it's ok if you know them well, or shouldn't it be done at all?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Predicting death in readings Empty Re: Predicting death in readings

Post  Carolyn Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:51 am

I do consider discussing death to be one of the most serious subjects in a reading and therefore I have never withheld the information. It would do the person a grave injustice if you were given this information by a deceased loved one of theirs in order to prepare them on some level for the transition of losing someone else, and then you didn't give it. I can understand how some people would feel uncomfortable though, its not easy to relay a message like death. I've had to give the message only twice in all these years. I've had it given to me once (by my dog, in a dream, prior to when I had to give it the first time) and I think it helped me to feel OK with talking about death.

Its been 11 years since one and 10 since the other and they are still in my mind and heart.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:20 am

Hi czardoust, I respect your opinion fully :asmile: and i'm not knocking you in any way, but I have heard of people who have been told of a death in readings and it has never happened, I have also heard of cases where this kind of info has caused such great distress that the person in question cannot function properly and lives in a state of constant fear, also what if the person you are reading for is in a very fragile state of mind? Personally I couldn't do it.

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:01 pm

These deaths happened in the time frame foreseen. The one that was seen on the palm of the person in question came as no surprise, because it was in essence "in black and white" on his palm. The other which was seen with the help of tarot came as a shock because we expected it to be this persons mother who was terminally ill, and in fact it ended up being her infant son.
    ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

Post  ZombieChaser Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:14 pm

Its not our call to predict the death of anyone. These type predictions are not only dangerous but could send the person into a deep state of depression or fear. I really believe its unwise to even tell some one of this in a reading. Now that said I guess it would be up to the person doing the reading. Death is not something the human mind fully understands. We see it, we know its real but we cannot and will not accept it as a natural part of human existence.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:30 pm

i don't know.
    some people like to hear about this stuff. other people don't like to hear about death and pain. when the reader finds it importent to tell this information, there are many ways to handle the topic without saying the D word. there is no reason to rise panice at people.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Spirit communicators will often provide the necessary words to disclose a future passing to a loved one without it becoming distressful. Unfortunately some mediums fail to use a little tact and diplomacy, totally disregarding another's feelings to the circumstances and act in arrogant manner.
    If the information was picked up on a psychic level imo caution should be applied.
    We must be humble as well as compassionate in this type of work.
    My thoughts anyhow.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:03 pm

i agree with you skye. mind you, some people just don't want to hear..and it is ok to respect thier wishes as well.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Absolutely shayn. Respect should be given at all times.
    ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Post  ZombieChaser Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:26 pm

skye wrote:Spirit communicators will often provide the necessary words to disclose a future passing to a loved one without it becoming distressful. Unfortunately some mediums fail to use a little tact and diplomacy, totally disregarding another's feelings to the circumstances and act in arrogant manner.
    If the information was picked up on a psychic level imo caution should be applied.
    My thoughts anyhow.

Most are only out to make a name for themselves and figure anything they can nail down just puts one more notch in their belt.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:40 pm

ZombieChaser wrote:
    skye wrote:Spirit communicators will often provide the necessary words to disclose a future passing to a loved one without it becoming distressful. Unfortunately some mediums fail to use a little tact and diplomacy, totally disregarding another's feelings to the circumstances and act in arrogant manner.
    My thoughts anyhow.

Most are only out to make a name for themselves and figure anything they can nail down just puts one more notch in their belt.

Ouch! Have you had a bad experience with a medium? I agree that some are, but there are a lot that simply want to help where they can imo Predicting death in readings 28115

ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Post  ZombieChaser Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:47 am

Many maybe well intentioned but it only takes one to blow it for everyone else. You can get 100 atta boys but you get one ah s***t and you start all over. Predicting death in readings 809779
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:57 am

Yeah I know what you mean there Predicting death in readings 114597

skye

Female

Post  skye Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Violet wrote:
    ZombieChaser wrote:
    My thoughts anyhow.

Ouch! Have you had a bad experience with a medium? I agree that some are, but there are a lot that simply want to help where they can imo Predicting death in readings 28115

No, I haven't Violet, but I know someone close who has had experience of this. Being a medium they chose to dismiss the given information. Nonetheless, my concern is for the people who do have a tendency to believe every single word that comes out of a mediums mouth. If they had received this type of prediction then they would have possible been haunted for over 20 years. It doesn't bare thinking about, all that unecessary suffering for what?

I know one medium who refused to believe someone when they said they had no children in the spirit world. Her insistence to this remark was so bad the person got up and walked out of the service. By which the medium proceeded to tell the remaining congregation that the person who left just wasn't owning up to the child.

Fortunately this medium never did demonstrate at the church again.

Mediumship has nothing to do with predictions. That's best left to psychics and or fortune tellers imo. Mediumship is concerned with providing evidence of survival of the spirit or personality of a loved one who lives on despite their physical death. Yes of course they bring through messages of love and support and may at times mention future events. It's my experience that such predictions are communicated by spirit in a more subtle way than saying bluntly for example, " Your mum is going to die soon, you do know this don't you?".
    skye

Female

Post  skye Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:54 pm

ZombieChaser wrote:
    My thoughts anyhow.

That's very true ZombieChaser.
    ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Post  ZombieChaser Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:47 pm

skye wrote:
    Violet wrote:
    ZombieChaser wrote:
    My thoughts anyhow.

No, I haven't Violet, but I know someone close who has had experience of this. Being a medium they chose to dismiss the given information. Nonetheless, my concern is for the people who do have a tendency to believe every single word that comes out of a mediums mouth. If they had received this type of prediction then they would have possible been haunted for over 20 years. It doesn't bare thinking about, all that unecessary suffering for what?

I know one medium who refused to believe someone when they said they had no children in the spirit world. Her insistence to this remark was so bad the person got up and walked out of the service. By which the medium proceeded to tell the remaining congregation that the person who left just wasn't owning up to the child.

Mediumship has nothing to do with predictions. That's best left to psychics and or fortune tellers imo. Mediumship is concerned with providing evidence of survival of the spirit or personality of a loved one who lives on despite their physical death. Yes of course they bring through messages of love and support and may at times mention future events. It's my experience that such predictions are communicated by spirit in a more subtle way than saying bluntly for example, " Your mum is going to die soon, you do know this don't you?".

I hope they are not pulling these stunts in a Church of all places! Apparently someone has no idea about the Office of the Prophet and what it means. If these people are doing this I would suggest they do some soul searching and read and research what they are doing a little more. Unreal!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:10 am

Predicting death in readings 350287 It's mediums like that who give others a bad name, that's appalling

ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Post  ZombieChaser Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:35 am

Violet wrote:Predicting death in readings 350287 It's mediums like that who give others a bad name, that's appalling

I am not knocking these people who perform these readings even though it sounds as if I am. But the realization is that most of these things never happen. Even in the Bible the prophecy is so broad and general thatin most cases things can be made to fit right into it. Death is referred to in the Bible as a man Revelation 6:8, this is a symbolic reference and not a literal reference to Death as a being. Since 47 AD or so there havebeen 220 or more predictions made about the return of Christ and none have happened. And its not just mediums that do this sort of stuff, religious individuals that call themselves prophets do it everyday and only end up making a fool of themselves, i.e. (Pat Robertson), not saying he is a fool thats not what I am saying. What I am saying is why would you put yourself in that situation when you have no idea what your saying will come to pass.

Toying with someone's emotional as well as spiritual well being can have disasterous effects for that individual.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Toying with someone's emotional as well as spiritual well being can have disasterous effects for that individual.[/quote]

i take this as a rule for life and basic relationship between people, and not only when predictions and promisses are made.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:45 pm

ZombieChaser wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Violet wrote:
    ZombieChaser wrote:
    My thoughts anyhow.

I hope they are not pulling these stunts in a Church of all places! Apparently someone has no idea about the Office of the Prophet and what it means. If these people are doing this I would suggest they do some soul searching and read and research what they are doing a little more. Unreal!
    I honestly couldn't say whether some mediums still choose to pull stunts like this anymore or not. I haven't been to a church service for a while. I can only hope they don't.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Violet wrote:Predicting death in readings 350287 It's mediums like that who give others a bad name, that's appalling
    I just hope mediums - like the ones I have mentioned - have progressed further on their spiritual path whereby they know better and act more responsibly.
    ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Post  ZombieChaser Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:20 pm

skye wrote:
    I just hope mediums - like the ones I have mentioned - have progressed further on their spiritual path whereby they know better and act more responsibly.

Skye I would imagine that most of them do but money is the root of all evil. Its kind of like health nuts, you know eat right, live healthy and die any way. Having said that it leads me to this.

"What if one of their time predictions or death predictions came true? Is it a victory or a loss for them?

Same as eating right and living healthy, what have you gained but a little extra time and still die anyway.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:29 pm

"What if one of their time predictions or death predictions came true? Is it a victory or a loss for them?

it is not about victory or loss, it is when done honestly and rightfully, it is about giving people the chance to say goodbye to thier loved ones, when done with the spirits blessing and in a true way , it is in away all about helping people.
    ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Post  ZombieChaser Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:01 pm

shayn wrote:"What if one of their time predictions or death predictions came true? Is it a victory or a loss for them?

it is not about victory or loss, it is when done honestly and rightfully, it is about giving people the chance to say goodbye to thier loved ones, when done with the spirits blessing and in a true way , it is in away all about helping people.

If you say so.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:24 pm

ZombieChaser wrote:
    skye wrote:

Skye I would imagine that most of them do but money is the root of all evil. Its kind of like health nuts, you know eat right, live healthy and die any way. Having said that it leads me to this.

Same as eating right and living healthy, what have you gained but a little extra time and still die anyway.

I feel it's up to individual mediums, especially those who do predictions to judge for themselves how they perceive the outcome of said events. Personally I see it as being accurate rather than it being seen as a victory or a loss. As with anything else a medium is only as good as his/her last message and if we assume future predictions will be accurate we may discover that we are misleading others as well as ourselves.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:41 pm