Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Thunder Bow
skye
mac
Auras
Crystal
1antique
SpiritVoices
11 posters

Guides Changing every so Often?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Guides Changing every so Often? Empty Guides Changing every so Often?

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Why do our guides from spirit change so often?
    I seem to having a lull in my life regarding guides.....My own guides have disappeared.

I haven't heard from any new ones....why is this?
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Guides Changing every so Often? Empty Re: Guides Changing every so Often?

Post  1antique Fri May 16, 2014 5:21 pm

I, too, have experienced this 'lull' in spirit guides. I am not sure why it happens, but it can be very frustrating. In fact, just recently I got a new guide after a lull like you speak of.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Fri May 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Perhaps you are being told to trust in yourself for the moment?
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Fri May 16, 2014 7:34 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Why do our guides from spirit change so often?  
    I seem to having a lull in my life regarding guides.....My own guides have disappeared.

I haven't heard from any new ones....why is this?
    They leave because they no longer need to be with us, different guides play specific roles, You have 7 guides all together, Believe it or not
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Would that be as we progress,Auras....

As we learn more,a different guide comes in....
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri May 16, 2014 8:43 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Would that be as we progress,Auras....

As we learn more,a different guide comes in....
    You just answered your own question
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri May 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Auras wrote:
    Why do our guides from spirit change so often?  They leave because they no longer need to be with us, different guides play specific roles, You have 7 guides all together, Believe it or not
      Does everyone has exactly seven guides or was it just that questioner who has seven?   :wink: 
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Fri May 16, 2014 11:09 pm

mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    Why do our guides from spirit change so often?  They leave because they no longer need to be with us, different guides play specific roles, You have 7 guides all together, Believe it or not
      Does everyone has exactly seven guides or was it just that questioner who has seven?   :wink: 
    My understanding of what a 'guide' is is for the sole purpose of teaching and development of ones mediumship. This is not to say mediums are or should be considered to be more spiritual minded (or whatever other word people may decide to choose) than people who have no desire to develop mediumship, as this is certainly not the case.

I'm aware mediums have a spirit team who assist the guide in helping the potential medium to develop the different aspects of mediumship, such as clairvoyance, clairaudience and clairsentience to name the 3 basics. The members of the spirit team come and go when a medium has learnt whatever it was that they came to teach. 

It is said we all have a spirit guardian, who is with us from birth, or prior to our birth, and for a while after our passing. Spirit helpers, as well as family members, can work alongside our spirit guardian to continue to support us much like they would if they were still here. So, my question is, does everyone need a guide(s)? And, what part would a guide play if we chose not to develop mediumship?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat May 17, 2014 7:54 am

In much the same way that there are differences in the way individuals think about 'mediumship', similar differences are seen in the way folk think about 'guides'.

It's been taught that while incarnate we are supported by unseen individuals and it's these individuals that some folk think of as their 'guides'.  Perhaps 'helpers' or, as skye suggests, 'guardians' might be more appropriate than 'guides'? 

My own view is similar to skye's that guides have a specific task supporting the development/progress of mediumship. I'd guess the number of guides will vary from person to person.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat May 17, 2014 2:49 pm

mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    Of course, not that many, But saying from experience. I've had guides come in and go.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Sat May 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    Of course, not that many, But saying from experience. I've had guides come in and go.

The idea of the seven guides is from Native American background. There was one guide for each direction. East, South, West and North, Above, Below and Within.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat May 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Crystal wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:

The idea of the seven guides is from Native American background. There was one guide for each direction. East, South, West and North, Above, Below and Within.

I knew I had read it somewhere or someone mentioned it on another site....
    The one who made the most impression on me,I was told belonged to my own family from way back. Another member on another site sketched a picture of him and sent the picture.
    The likeness to my own family fascinated me. I was given the name of Brian.

Shortly afterwards he started to show in my dreams. The first time he looked very tall and a rather a Romany aspect to him. Long rough black hair. He seemed to feature as a man who came in to give me help...
    As the dreams progressed,his appearance changed..He became smarter in looks and appearance.
    Last dream I had of him was flying on a plane somewhere.....the memories of him are coming back now! In this dream,he looked like a very smart young executive....

That was the last siting I had of him! Or dream what ever.....
    I still have his picture somewhere.....

I wonder why he has never appeared again.....

Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Sat May 17, 2014 6:25 pm

When Spirit Guides seem to go away, you can bring them back by actively drawing them. Also with continued meditation. Do not be afraid to even make them up, while meditating. Some guides want you to make them up, that is how they present them self to you, and communicate with you.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat May 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:When Spirit Guides seem to go away, you can bring them back by actively drawing them. Also with continued meditation. Do not be afraid to even make them up, while meditating. Some guides want you to make them up, that is how they present them self to you, and communicate with you.

I must try that,Thunder Bow....I'm not very good at meditation,my mind tends to wander.
    Another guide,a female one this time showed herself to me. A beautiful young woman,tall with blonde hair. I was never given a name for her. All I remember was walking down a large room with her with folks either side of us.
    She appeared a few times then disappeared....

I have had other guides appear briefly,make themselves known to me then disappear.
    That was a good time ago.....haven't had anyone for a while....

Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Sun May 18, 2014 4:57 pm

When meditating use creative visualization. Be sure to imagine a setting or an environment for your meeting. Note the weather, time of day etc..Even when doing a drawing, be sure to add a setting or background.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun May 18, 2014 5:14 pm

I used to use a field with a tall oak tree in it,with daisies sprinkling the grass.

That is where my Romany guide appeared.....

I must try that again or some other scenery...

ministrywr

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2015-04-15

Post  ministrywr Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:41 am

forget those guides.  they're evil spirits and the devil..... Best you have nothing to do with the occults.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:45 am

Interesting opinion.....care to elaborate??
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 am

ministrywr wrote:forget those guides.  they're evil spirits and the devil..... Best you have nothing to do with the occults.
    It might be better to take your nonsense elsewhere and maybe do some studying.  When you know something, or are prepared to ask about what you don't know, you'll be welcome here. 
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:45 pm

I have to agree with mac you are speaking utter nonsense you know nothing so you make it up either shut up or grow up pref the two

Namaste
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Look at his user name, he is a preacher, who has come to spread the "Word of God" and control the forum!
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:18 pm

Yeah I noticed that

Namaste
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:32 pm

ministrywr wrote:forget those guides.  they're evil spirits and the devil..... Best you have nothing to do with the occults.
    Hollywood sure has a lot to answer for!  Best to educate oneself rather than live in a state of fear and ignorance, this would serve one well.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:57 pm

While I was reading the last few answers from weeks ago,I find I am losing not my interest in spiritualism  but my knowledge of it!    The few bits of I have learned over the years!     I am now asking myself ...''What is Spirit?   My whole interest is disappearing......why?   Why arn't Spirit helping me to regain that knowledge?
    silverSpice
    silverSpice

Female
    Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2015-04-21

Post  silverSpice Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:11 am

Thunder Bow wrote:When Spirit Guides seem to go away, you can bring them back by actively drawing them. Also with continued meditation. Do not be afraid to even make them up, while meditating. Some guides want you to make them up, that is how they present them self to you, and communicate with you.

I have not considered that - an interesting thought. I am new here ...and new to pendulum work (dowsing?).  I have spoken to a Spirit Guide and my Guardian Angel with the pendulum.  Although I met my GA many years ago ...I experienced him the first time at around age 16/17 while using an Ouija Board ...he appeared to me about 12 years ago in a lucid dream.  And then through the pendulum just yesterday.  His name is Luke and he has been with me my whole life.
    During the next sitting, I spoke to a Spirit Guide. She told me I have several, although she did not know how many. When she first came to me, I asked if she was from the Light & she said yes. Our next sitting she told me her name was Light (did I inadvertently name her that?) - although she insisted it was spelled Livvh. (I asked her if we cold use a letter chart) On two separate sittings she spelled it that way.  She told me she has been with me since before birth. Anyway ...I'm very excited about all this - I have a lot to learn about pendulum dowsing/divining and will also look to see my guides through meditation.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:02 am