Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
mayflow
millergrls
skye
Auras
ameliorate
SpiritVoices
mac
Detlef
Violet
13 posters

How well do you understand...

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

How well do you understand... - Page 3 Empty How well do you understand...

Post  Violet Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

yourself?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

How well do you understand... - Page 3 Empty Re: How well do you understand...

Post  mayflow Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Please respect retro's wishes to stick to the topic.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:46 pm

Retro76 wrote:Can we start a seperate thread on this 'disagreement'? I for one would rather hear what everyone wants to say about how well they understand themselves than this (it is what the thread is about).... I'm sure all of these arguements are not helping this forum's reputation at all :(
    It may seem that the thread has gone off-topic a little but actually postings are still directly relevant to what Violet asked in her opening posting.  Those postings are good examples of 'How Well Do You Understand Yourself', the very thread subject.  They're illustrative of just how members do see themselves, even if we have to work ourselves at seeing those illustrations!

I disagree that they impair the website's reputation.  Honest debate and discussion is the life-blood of a website and it runs the risk of becoming moribund without it.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Yes honest debate is valuable and can be progressive and beneficial.  I guess the trick is to avoid
    it becoming heated and a tit for tat ego battle.....not always easy to avoid.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 pm

ameliorate wrote:Yes honest debate is valuable and can be progressive and beneficial.  I guess the trick is to avoid

But it seems reasonable that we can keep the discussions revolving in ways more centered around the original topic, yet not diminish the energies generated by the personal disagreements.

So knowing myself - I can say this. Emotions to me carry power. Emotive force has potential. What may appear sometimes as negative emotions can still carry power for us, but they can still be turned to positive learnings for us.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:19 pm

ameliorate wrote:Yes honest debate is valuable and can be progressive and beneficial.  I guess the trick is to avoid
    Getting heated should be less a problem if disagreement isn't allowed to become a personality issue.  We can all take responsibility for avoiding that, wouldn't you agree?  Then we can disagree with one-another without resorting to name-calling.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:04 pm

mac wrote:
    Getting heated should be less a problem if disagreement isn't allowed to become a personality issue.  We can all take responsibility for avoiding that, wouldn't you agree?  Then we can disagree with one-another without resorting to name-calling.
    Theoretically but I don't see the divisions as black and white....more grey.  Can a post really be separated from
    the person who posted it?  Since posts directly reflect that person's mindset and beliefs...I would say not.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 pm

ameliorate wrote:Mac...it's a shame you have disabled your PM facility again.  I could have alerted you to something
    you have got wrong - I knew Mayflow from 2 previous forums.  No doubt Mayflow
    will tell you when he
    next posts.....(clue in this last sentence). 

This is also a good example of where PMs are invaluable.
    What's his past forums got to do with this?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Auras wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:Mac...it's a shame you have disabled your PM facility again.  I could have alerted you to something
    will tell you when he

I was just explaining how I know HIM (now do you see?)  :wink: 
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Auras wrote:
    will tell you when he

Nothing, and it has nothing to do with the topic of how well we understand ourselves either.

As I mentioned before, I do not see a stagnant self to me, but a work in progress.
    What can be me? Everything I see about me is temporary.
    Retro76

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Job/hobbies : School
    Registration date : 2014-06-20

Post  Retro76 Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:58 pm

To be honest ameliorate the only thing I could think of is meditation to find out who I am... I've heard you can ask for understanding who you are via lucid dream, but in order for that to work I have to be "emotionally ready". Maybe all I need is time? Sorry it took so long to reply :(
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:10 pm

Retro76 wrote:To be honest ameliorate the only thing I could think of is meditation to find out who I am... I've heard you can ask for understanding who you are via lucid dream, but in order for that to work I have to be "emotionally ready". Maybe all I need is time? Sorry it took so long to reply :(

This is an area I have experienced. I don't know if you can meditate for these to happen, but there is one time when I was informed of a certain technique which may possibly be useful for some.

Can be called a meditation or maybe a visualization.

In a relaxed state you can visualize a tiny dot of light inside your brain.
    Then you can move this dot of light around to different areas of your brain.
    Let your intuition guide you, for your very own intuition
    can be your very own guardian angel.

Then be willing for the unimaginable to happen to you.
    Retro76

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Job/hobbies : School
    Registration date : 2014-06-20

Post  Retro76 Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Did this work for you mayflow? I'll try it tonight, it will hopefully work for me :) . So I have to let my intuition guide the dot? Thanks for the method :)
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Retro76 wrote:Did this work for you mayflow? I'll try it tonight, it will hopefully work for me :) . So I have to let my intuition guide the dot? Thanks for the method :)

It did work for me. I thought I was having an out of body experience. Good luck, Retro.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:38 pm

mac wrote:
    will tell you when he

OK one issue is that of gender - mayflow's a guy - my mistake - it's something anyone can get wrong.  I'm prepared to hear mayflow's public response to the points I made and if he's offended by my calling him a her then I'll be happy to apologise for my misunderstanding because that's all it was.  As to the p.m. matter I have exercised the principle of setting my profile preferences.  I was concerned there might be some unwelcome p.m. coming my way because of the stand I take and I'd sooner any such thing is aired in public.

As for the other forums where you knew this member I hope he won't bring into Violet's website any issues he may have, or have had, with me from another.  P
    erhaps that may even explain his apparent dislike of me?  We'll see....
    If you are right, then it is a shame that you have disabled your PM facility since, I am sure you would rather certain issues be kept out of the public domain?
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:44 pm

Retro76 wrote:To be honest ameliorate the only thing I could think of is meditation to find out who I am... I've heard you can ask for understanding who you are via lucid dream, but in order for that to work I have to be "emotionally ready". Maybe all I need is time? Sorry it took so long to reply :(

Forget about that nonsense. You can ask For understanding via Lucid dream, But that does not necessarily mean you're going to get it. Remember, Lucid dreaming allows you to make anything happen, So the knowledge you are seeking, You already known the answer to. Which is rather pointless. Meditation is the key.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:51 pm

So it would seem we have gone full circle and are now back to mac's PMs.  :SH:
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:54 pm

Well skye...there have been intermittent glimpses of the thread's topic (co-starring the other topic)!
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:56 pm

skye wrote:So it would seem we have gone full circle and are now back to mac's PMs.  :SH:

Well, actually I was more on to offering a mind technique for Retro (or whoever) to try.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:00 pm

ameliorate wrote:Well skye...there have been intermittent glimpses of the thread's topic (co-starring the other topic)!
    Quoted in case some posts before I do and my post seems random. 

I agree indeed there has been intermittent glimpses.  :giggles:
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:08 pm

mayflow wrote:
    skye wrote:So it would seem we have gone full circle and are now back to mac's PMs.  :SH:

Well, actually I was more on to offering a mind technique for Retro (or whoever) to try.
    Okay, tis fine with me.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:14 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:Mac...it's a shame you have dis........parent dislike of me?  We'll see....
    If you are right, then it is a shame that you have disabled your PM facility since, I am sure you would rather certain issues be kept out of the public domain?
    Time to let things drop now, I suggest....
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:16 pm

skye wrote:
    mayflow wrote:

Okay, tis fine with me.

You can try it too, you know?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:30 am

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:Mac...it's a shame you have dis........parent dislike of me?  We'll see....
    No...not until you tell me why you doctored a post of mine here, i.e. typed your own words into my post!  I regard that as unacceptable.  How dare you!!!

I am referring to my post quoted here

"Mac...it's a shame you have dis......THEN YOU CUT TO YOUR OWN WORDS!  What gives you the right to do that??

It should read "
    Mac...it's a shame you have disabled your PM facility again."

So, what's the matter here?  Can't face the truth of what you do???

Can we not trust you to stay within the boundaries of your own posts now? 

This is crossing the line and disrespectful.  Would you tolerate if it was done to your posts?
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

How well do you understand... - Page 3 Empty Being Human

Post  CW Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:45 am

Being Human as it relate to myself is:

• Knowing that right and wrong is based on my own personal perspective
    • Life is comprised of mistakes that's why there is an eraser on a pencil.
    • The only one I can change in life is me, I must accept you for who you are.
    • Stuff happen every day that is totally out of my control.
    • If I try to control the uncontrollable I will feel helpless.
    • Knowing that wisdom comes from knowledge, experience and accepting things as they are....
    • Being human is so wonderful, because I can touch and feel,  I am a physical spirit in body.
    • Being human means I can be physical, spiritual and emotional at the same time, AWESOME!!!!

I can go on and on but I'll stop with that.

Love to all.....
    CW
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:24 am

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    No...not until you tell me why you doctored a post of mine here, i.e. typed your own words into my post!  I regard that as unacceptable.  How dare you!!!

I am referring to my post quoted here

"Mac...it's a shame you have dis......THEN YOU CUT TO YOUR OWN WORDS!  What gives you the right to do that??

It should read "
    Mac...it's a shame you have disabled your PM facility again."

So, what's the matter here?  Can't face the truth of what you do???

Can we not trust you to stay within the boundaries of your own posts now? 

This is crossing the line and disrespectful.  Would you tolerate if it was done to your posts?
    Before becoming any more feather-spittingly indignant over my supposed treatment of your posting may I explain? 

When using the 'Quote' button so much historical material
    gets included that the most recent can be almost lost at the bottom of an increasingly long new posting - just see as an example posting #43 where skye had thought I'd been responding to her.  I had in fact been replying to other postings, from another member, in which the she'd also replied and hence her posting was also shown!  To clarify the situation I went back and gave the actual post numbers for reference.

So....all I did was to highlight and delete a giant block of text and posting number references to avoid a repeat of this situation.  All your original material is still visible in the thread where you first posted it - as you know I couldn't 'doctor' (as you put it) your posting any more than anyone else can doctor another member's posting and neither would I want to.  Will you please explain how any of this was (quote) "
    ....crossing the line and disrespectful"

Perhaps in future I should do what many members do and that's to make a non-conextual posting leaving the reader to fathom out to whom the response has been made?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:56 pm