Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
mayflow
millergrls
skye
Auras
ameliorate
SpiritVoices
mac
Detlef
Violet
13 posters

How well do you understand...

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

How well do you understand... - Page 2 Empty How well do you understand...

Post  Violet Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

yourself?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

How well do you understand... - Page 2 Empty Re: How well do you understand...

Post  ameliorate Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Auras - this whole stupid escalation would not have arisen had you realised that, being a forum,
    anyone can post whenever they choose!!  In case you do not know, it is a mod's job to control
    posting....not a member.   :SH: 
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:46 pm

ameliorate wrote:Auras - this whole stupid escalation would not have arisen had you realised that, being a forum,
    anyone can post whenever they choose!!  In case you do not know, it is a mod's job to control

Well, I think the idea that the government should be in control and not the private individuals, should be a different topic, should you wish to make such topic.

As a side note, it appears mac has disabled reception of pm's. Apparently the I can give it, but I can't take it thingy.

Last edited by mayflow on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:49 pm

mayflow wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:Auras - this whole stupid escalation would not have arisen had you realised that, being a forum,

Well, I think the idea that the government should be in control and not the private individuals, should be a different topic, should you wish to make such topic.

As a side note, it appears mac has disabled pm's.
    Mac has always disabled his pm's as far as I am aware. Many people do.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:00 am

skye wrote:
    mayflow wrote:

Going way off topic but yeah, mac does this thing. He can send pm's but will not receive them. He likes having a blog where no one can reply. I am not sure how these reconcile with being a part of a public forum.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:07 am

I won't accept pm's either. I got hassled by a member a long while ago, and now I choose if I want to receive them or not.

I assumed the blog mac started was purely an example for other members to follow should they not wish to have people respond to their comments. But hey, I know I could be wrong.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:31 am

and breathe .....
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:45 am

skye wrote:
    and breathe .....

:daisy: 
    Retro76

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Job/hobbies : School
    Registration date : 2014-06-20

Post  Retro76 Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:49 am

I'm just going to let this situation resolve itself, and get back on topic. I honestly don't think I know very much about myself, but I don't think I'll learn much more for a while unfortunately... I hate not knowing things, but not knowing myself is horrible to me. Maybe that will change some time? ;)
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:57 am

Thanks Retro.  What do you think might help in getting to know yourself more?

Last edited by ameliorate on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:59 am

Retro76 wrote:I'm just going to let this situation resolve itself, and get back on topic. I honestly don't think I know very much about myself, but I don't think I'll learn much more for a while unfortunately... I hate not knowing things, but not knowing myself is horrible to me. Maybe that will change some time? ;)
    It has often been said that meditation is the best way to get to know yourself. I don't mean the type of meditation most people associate with the linking into the spirit world for communication or teachings. Simply going within, and connecting to self. It may take awhile. Try it for a month, it usual for people to notice some improvement and benefit by then.

Last edited by skye on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:00 am

That's a good reply skye...if she means getting to know her spirit.  Does she mean getting to

know her worldly ID though, i.e. her ego?
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:05 am

mayflow wrote:
    Going way off topic but yeah, mac does this thing. He can send pm's but will not receive them. He likes having a blog where no one can reply. I am not sure how these reconcile with being a part of a public forum.

We all have a choice, we can engage or not engage
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:06 am

ah....ego....that old devil.
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:43 am

This question has many layers..as does the answer in my perspective. 

I understans myself on a basic level.  My values, my beliefs, my morals.  Knowing that Im stubborn enough to stand by them always.

On a spiritual level, I have understood a lot of what Im capable of achieving, to the degree of which Ive learned so far...if that makes any sense. 
    I feel like there is still far more for me to discover and understand about myself as we are always evolving.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:01 am

mayflow wrote:

As a side note, it appears mac has disabled reception of pm's. Apparently the I can give it, but I can't take it thingy.
    If anyone has anything to say to me on a topic it should be posted in the thread.  I personally use the private mailing system for sensitive or personal matters and not for the discussion of thread topics. 

Anyone who's engaged with me online will know that I engage wholeheartedly - the 'thingy' suggested above doesn't apply and it's a false assertion that's unworthy.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:06 am

mayflow wrote:
    skye wrote:
    mayflow wrote:

Oh dear.  There is so much confusion and understanding.  I wonder how this came about? 

I don't have an active blog here but I do engage fully in forum debate and discussion.  To repeat what I've already said, if anyone has anything to say to me please feel free to do it on the open, public forums where I'll always be happy to respond. 

This fixation on private mailing I can't understand anyway as mine's not been disabled....
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:44 pm

mac wrote:
    mayflow wrote:
    skye wrote:
    mayflow wrote:

Oh dear.  There is so much confusion and understanding.  I wonder how this came about? 

I don't have an active blog here but I do engage fully in forum debate and discussion.  To repeat what I've already said, if anyone has anything to say to me please feel free to do it on the open, public forums where I'll always be happy to respond. 

This fixation on private mailing I can't understand anyway as mine's not been disabled....
    Am I right in thinking that it is assumed I have a fixation on your PM's mac as to whether or not they are disabled? Should this be correct, may I state here and now, this is not the case. My reply was to inform mayflow that you do disable your pm's as many members may do. I know this is so because I personally tried to contact you via pm. It does seem you have now enabled your PM's and yes I agree this is your choice as well as your right.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:22 pm

skye wrote:
    mac wrote:
    mayflow wrote:
    skye wrote:
    mayflow wrote:

Am I right in thinking that it is assumed I have a fixation on your PM's mac as to whether or not they are disabled? Should this be correct, may I state here and now, this is not the case. My reply was to inform mayflow that you do disable your pm's as many members may do. I know this is so because I personally tried to contact you via pm. It does seem you have now enabled your PM's and yes I agree this is your choice as well as your right.
    No I wasn't referring to you, skye.  Look at whose postings #27 and #29 I was responding to in #41.

Last edited by mac on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : unambiguity)
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks for the clarification mac. I asked simply because my post was in your quote. I didn't realise it was a part of someone's quote.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:24 pm

skye wrote:Thanks for the clarification mac. I asked simply because my post was in your quote. I didn't realise it was a part of someone's quote.
     You're welcome, skye - I don't want any misunderstandings between us.

Thinking further about the things said about me I'm pretty pigged off that mayflow thinks it's appropriate to use personal slights as she did in the postings I referred to. 

I hope she's following this.  I don't like her comment (quote) "As a side note, it appears mac has disabled reception of pm's. Apparently the I can give it, but I can't take it thingy."  really?  I reckon I take plenty of personal stuff yet I don't retaliate in kind!  I wonder, mayflow, what you'd like to say in p.m. that you can't on the forum boards?

And I don't like the implication in (quote) "Going way off topic but yeah, mac does this thing. He can send pm's but will not receive them."  Yes mac can send private mail but he rarely does except as already explained!  And it's mac's choice as to whether he receives private messages, just as every other member is entitled to choose!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Mac...it's a shame you have disabled your PM facility again.  I could have alerted you to something
    you have got wrong - I knew Mayflow from 2 previous forums. 
    No doubt Mayflow will tell you when he
    next posts (... clue in the last sentence).

This is also a good example of where PMs are invaluable.

Last edited by ameliorate on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Retro76

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Job/hobbies : School
    Registration date : 2014-06-20

Post  Retro76 Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Can we start a seperate thread on this 'disagreement'? I for one would rather hear what everyone wants to say about how well they understand themselves than this (it is what the thread is about).... I'm sure all of these arguements are not helping this forum's reputation at all :(
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Retro76 wrote:Can we start a seperate thread on this 'disagreement'? I for one would rather hear what everyone wants to say about how well they understand themselves than this (it is what the thread is about).... I'm sure all of these arguements are not helping this forum's reputation at all :(
    It is the kind of thing that should be in PM - but therein lies the problem....

There is still scope to get it back on track and I thank you for doing so recently.  It is the nature of a thread
    to meander.  I just dislike when I feel there is no love behind the posts.  I admit that I got angry with Auras
    but it was just a temporary flare up without anything else going on behind it...i.e. it's done with.

To return to your last post...you didn't answer when I asked what would help you know yourself more.  Skye
    replied and so did I after that (both on the previous page)....your thoughts?
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Retro76 wrote:Can we start a seperate thread on this 'disagreement'? I for one would rather hear what everyone wants to say about how well they understand themselves than this (it is what the thread is about).... I'm sure all of these arguements are not helping this forum's reputation at all :(

Yes, of course. I really don't have any idea of how well I understand myself though. I don't know if there really is even such a thing as "myself?" I am not the same as years ago, or even yesterday. Is there any sort of individual self to me to even try to understand? I see nothing stagmant but only continual change.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:38 pm

ameliorate wrote:Mac...it's a shame you have disabled your PM facility again.  I could have alerted you to something
    you have got wrong - I knew Mayflow from 2 previous forums.  No doubt Mayflow
    will tell you when he
    next posts.....(clue in this last sentence). 

This is also a good example of where PMs are invaluable.
    OK one issue is that of gender - mayflow's a guy - my mistake - it's something anyone can get wrong.  I'm prepared to hear mayflow's public response to the points I made and if he's offended by my calling him a her then I'll be happy to apologise for my misunderstanding because that's all it was.  As to the p.m. matter I have exercised the principle of setting my profile preferences.  I was concerned there might be some unwelcome p.m. coming my way because of the stand I take and I'd sooner any such thing is aired in public.

As for the other forums where you knew this member I hope he won't bring into Violet's website any issues he may have, or have had, with me from another.  P
    erhaps that may even explain his apparent dislike of me?  We'll see....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:48 am