Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

science, source, reality and imagination

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

science, source, reality and imagination Empty science, source, reality and imagination

Post  mac Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:26 am

It might be the case that in the 'next dimension', the one into which we pass after our deaths, there are none of the sciences we know in this dimension – for example no biology, no physics, no chemistry or mathematics. Those sciences apply to our physical dimension and allow us to describe systematically what we observe here. Why would they apply elsewhere?

There may be none of the materials that make up our universe, none of the elements listed in The Periodic Table. No elements and no chemistry or physics means no water hence no ocean, no freezing hence no snow. I'll return to those later.

Many think of 'God' as the creator of all things. I prefer the word 'source'. It avoids the baggage associated with the word 'God'. In my book 'God' isn't the same as source. Source is exactly that – the source of all things. I can't define the source but it's often described as creative energy and that will do for now.

The source is pure, creative energy whatever that means in practice. It is eternal, unchanging, invariable. It is the source of every spirit that animates a living thing, emerging as particles of the source in a never-ending flow of individuated creator energy. At the same time, other particles are continually returning after their long odyssey, each re-merging with the source. A cycle of emergence, progression and eventual return.

The source is eternal – it has always existed and will always exist. I'd guess most of us can't visualise what eternity means in practical terms, even if we can manage to mentally grasp the concept. We think and speak about past, present and future but those notions just help us describe sequences of events in our everyday lives. It's said that time doesn't apply outside of the physical dimension(s) and for me that makes sense. I'm less comfortable, though, without the concept of sequence; for example an effect occurring before its cause. This leads on to ideas about 'real'.

Take a look in a favourite dictionary. What are the definitions of 'real'? I'm guessing it talks about day-to-day issues but when we talk about what's real in spiritual terms we are probably thinking about our lives in this dimension compared to lives in other dimensions. Which life is 'real' and which is illusory? How do you know? While recently considering these points I was shown the following. First a simple circle and later an oval shape, an ellipse. Both of them two-dimensional, easy to drawn on a scrap of paper. Using a circle, the source and the physical dimension were shown at opposite ends of any diameter. Later it felt more appropriate to show them at opposite ends of an imaginary line joining the farthest points of an ellipse. I don't think either shape was any better than the other!

If a point at one end of the line represents the location of the source - eternal and unchanging - then at the other end is the physical dimension, unimaginably old if not exactly eternal. Changes there are governed by the scientific laws applying in that dimension. In any other dimension between those points – going in either direction round the periphery – changes can be brought about, to a lesser or greater degree, by the action of the imagination, or thoughts, of the individuals living in them.

One implication seemed to be that only the source and the physical are 'real', the former unable to be changed by the action of imagination or thoughts; the latter created by imagination and thoughts but unable to be changed later after its creation in such a way; only its scientific laws can bring about subsequent change. That would mean that all the dimensions encountered after leaving the source and before reaching the physical could be considered as 'not real' because they are malleable or changeable to thought. And all the dimensions experienced after leaving the physical, and before re-merging with the source, are also 'not real', again being malleable or changeable.

Can that really be the case when so many discarnates have declared they live in a world that's as solid and real to them as ours is to us? Might the many states of being – dimensions – between source and physical be real and solid too? How does science affect such consideration?

As suggested earlier, we know about only the sciences of the physical dimension(s) and those scientific laws may not apply elsewhere. Perhaps there are no equivalents in other dimensions? We don't understand anything about the mechanisms involved in creating or changing the environment of the various etheric worlds, locally or 'globally'.

The elements that make up the materials found in the physical may not be found elsewhere. We live in a world where water is hugely important. It supports most forms of life in some way. Water is made up of two elements chemically combined. It could be claimed that in the etheric dimensions there are no elements hence there is no water. No water means no oceans, no evaporation from oceans means no clouds hence no weather, no rain, no water cycle, no living creatures or plant life dependent on all of them. And without water there can be no snow. But what if the elements we know about actually can be found in the many so-called afterlife dimensions? Governed by scientific laws that are simply different from those found in the physical? With different laws operating, perhaps something-like-snow might be created when something-like-water is something-like-frozen in something-like-high-altitude clouds conditions? Perhaps there are analogues in the etheric of all the processes that create the conditions we know in the physical? With oceans, seas, mountains, plants and trees etc. at least as abundant there as here, their existence governed by scientific laws local to that dimension

.Perhaps in the next dimension(s) conditions are no more 'real' or solid than they are here, with life in the physical not illusory at all but simply experienced differently? Maybe in the etheric our heightened perception of very different environments leads some to report that life there is 'real' whereas that in the physical is illusory? Is that all there is to that particular argument?

Whatever the true nature of reality it appears that in the next dimension (at least) its inhabitants can affect their environment. It may only be a localised effect until an individual's spiritual stature has evolved to the point where a bigger effect can be achieved. Someone recently passed over might wish to create a familiar-looking home and garden for example. Whether that would be a 'bricks and mortar' structure made by manipulating solid materials to create a near-permanent structure I can't figure. Or whether the effect would be ephemeral, lasting only as long as the individual's thoughts/imagination held the effect in existence. Potentially there is an opportunity to even hand-craft materials but I have yet to hear such a theory confirmed. Larger-scale objects such as mountains and seas may be examples of a number of naturally-occurring environments, similar to those found in the physical and just as slowly changing.

BUT if the suggestions in the last few paragraphs are wrong then perhaps both small-scale and large-scale effects are not as solid or 'real' as we imagine? Might it be that illusions of large-scale, shared environments, meant for communal enjoyment, were created by the collective imaginations of spiritually evolved entities? Mountains covered in snow. Oceans vast and wide. Forests thick with all manner of trees. Deserts filled with amazing cactuses. Those attracted by such environments might 'tune in' to the frequencies of the illusions and experience them just as if they were solid objects. Smaller-scale changes brought about by our individual thoughts/imagination might help us acclimatise to the conditions of the etheric world. None of them made from solid materials but all the outcome of thought/imagination acting in a way we can barely guess at.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

science, source, reality and imagination Empty Re: science, source, reality and imagination

Post  Violet Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:42 am

It might be the case that in the 'next dimension', the one into which we pass after our deaths, there are none of the sciences we know in this dimension – for example no biology, no physics, no chemistry or mathematics. Those sciences apply to our physical dimension and allow us to describe systematically what we observe here. Why would they apply elsewhere?

Hi Mac that is one whopper of a post too much to tackle all at once so I'll respond in bits if that's ok, you raise an interesting point in the paragraph above, I think you could be onto something there, we wouldn't need those things . 
    People speak all the time about the afterlife and there being 'halls of learning' when asked what we'd be learning there the response is usually 'music, etc etc' can you see this being of any use, more creative arty kinds of pursuits?

One possibility perhaps would be that spirits learn science and arty things perhaps for helping us out in their role of guide/helper/inspirer.

I do believe I received this kind of guidance myself in my work.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

science, source, reality and imagination Empty Re: science, source, reality and imagination

Post  Violet Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:52 am

In fact I'd go further than that I believe my work to BE the work of spirits, I just did as I was told and put it all together.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:22 am

Violet wrote:It might be the case that in the 'next dimension', the one into which we pass after our deaths, there are none of the sciences we know in this dimension – for example no biology, no physics, no chemistry or mathematics. Those sciences apply to our physical dimension and allow us to describe systematically what we observe here. Why would they apply elsewhere?

Hi Mac that is one whopper of a post too much to tackle all at once so I'll respond in bits if that's ok, you raise an interesting point in the paragraph above, I think you could be onto something there, we wouldn't need those things . 
    People speak all the time about the afterlife and there being 'halls of learning' when asked what we'd be learning there the response is usually 'music, etc etc' can you see this being of any use, more creative arty kinds of pursuits?

One possibility perhaps would be that spirits learn science and arty things perhaps for helping us out in their role of guide/helper/inspirer.

It WAS a big piece and one that I've mentally been working on for some time, never sure where it would lead me until I sat down and began typing.  I don't mind in the least if you just deal with any bits that appeal most to you.  

The so-called Halls Of Learning may be similar to other public facilities but I've not given any thought to them specifically.  I have no idea if they're intended to benefit us incarnates but with so few individuals likely to be impacted by any such help it might be of minor overall importance.  My main interest is in issues that affect us all even if we're not consciously aware of them.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:27 am

Violet wrote:In fact I'd go further than that I believe my work to BE the work of spirits, I just did as I was told and put it all together.
    I wouldn't dispute that but what of all the individuals who have no direct contact with mediums or psychics?   My piece was intended to consider only the issues that affect all of us. 
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:37 am

mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:It might be the case that in the 'next dimension', the one into which we pass after our deaths, there are none of the sciences we know in this dimension – for example no biology, no physics, no chemistry or mathematics. Those sciences apply to our physical dimension and allow us to describe systematically what we observe here. Why would they apply elsewhere?

It WAS a big piece and one that I've mentally been working on for some time, never sure where it would lead me until I sat down and began typing.  I don't mind in the least if you just deal with any bits that appeal most to you.  

The so-called Halls Of Learning may be similar to other public facilities but I've not given any thought to them specifically.  I have no idea if they're intended to benefit us incarnates but with so few individuals likely to be impacted by any such help it might be of minor overall importance.  My main interest is in issues that affect us all even if we're not consciously aware of them.

I have 'visited' the great Hall, the great library or the Akashic hall of records, it has lots of names but is all one, ha, I sound nuts! But as part of my readings I was sometimes allowed to visit and see glimpses and visions of a person's life,the past or the future, sometims other lives too, it was always a part that helped the seeker in this life though.

Your post is very interesting mac, so familiar too, it feels as if the words are written by many and have been written before, what I mean is that it is inside us all, but you found the words to write it down?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Crystal wrote:
    mac wrote:

Your post is very interesting mac, so familiar too, it feels as if the words are written by many and have been written before, what I mean is that it is inside us all, but you found the words to write it down?
    I'm sure I'm not the only individual to have pondered those issues. I don't know if the ideas came solely from my thoughts or if they came from elsewhere.  
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:35 pm

perhaps the collective unuconciousness?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Crystal wrote:perhaps the collective unuconciousness?
    maybe....  Whatever a 'collective unconsciousness' might be, if there is one in the first place?
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:41 pm

oooh I hate it when I make a type and how did I miss it?

it's like serendipity but with a reason?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:59 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:40 pm

Crystal wrote:
    mac wrote:

I have 'visited' the great Hall, the great library or the Akashic hall of records, it has lots of names but is all one, ha, I sound nuts! But as part of my readings I was sometimes allowed to visit and see glimpses and visions of a person's life,the past or the future, sometims other lives too, it was always a part that helped the seeker in this life though.

I've experienced different dimensional places also. So it appears to me that we are all already living multi-dimensionally. I don't believe that we actually go anywhere, but that we are already there and it is only our conscious awareness that alters.

It could be that the sense of shared familiarity does come from an unconscious awareness of being in multiple dimensions.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:39 am