Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Violet
psychoslice
Blueanchor
7 posters

Meditation - a general interest thread.

Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Meditation - a general interest thread. - Page 5 Empty Meditation - a general interest thread.

Post  Blueanchor Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

I started meditating about 20 years ago because, at that time,  I felt the need to find peace and I knew somehow that it was within. I read about meditation and got as far as the line that says....switch off your thoughts.... and found that I couldnt do that... my thoughts had a lot to say. Then I bought a guided meditation tape (yes a tape lol) but I found that I just listened to the soft voice and relaxed, but didnt find peace. I tried music to meditate to and that helped for a short while. 

Then I gave up tryjng to meditate, but I realised that just having that short time each day to sit quietly and relax felt good. So thats what I did and in time, I drifted quite naturally into a meditative state. Over the years the meditative state became deeper (or higher - depending on which way you look at it) and without defining any specific intention, my time out took me into some different states.

Sometimes I would enter a dream state and would go on a journey that would offer some teaching or understanding from it. Sometimes, I would feel lkke I was floating higher and higher and would reach a state that I felt was healing. Other times I would be in a state of concious notningness. And at times I would just fall asleep. Because of these experiences, Ive come to trust that time out to bring about what I need. So I am often a little dubious about meditating with intention to reach something specific.

I have tried different types of meditation practise and really enjoyed them. I particularly enjoy meditating with others... that is quite special. But more often than not, I still just sit quietly and trust.

Im interested in hearing about other peolles experiences with meditation.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Meditation - a general interest thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Meditation - a general interest thread.

Post  psychoslice Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 am

That was most interesting Gem. :astar:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Meditation - a general interest thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Meditation - a general interest thread.

Post  psychoslice Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:17 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    Does it make a difference if ego, mind, life are illusions? It doesnt stop being experienced  after you realise its not real.  In each moment we experience the responses to life. I may not be this body, but this body communicates life and my responses to it. Observation is being aware of those responses.
    The only difference is that the ego has been caught out, you now realize you are only acting your part, so it simply isn't taken serious anymore.
    So our responses to this realisation differ.
    Yes of course, it all resonates through the mind, and depending on your or my mind, we then have a difference of describing it to each other, but then the one who is awake will comprehend what the other is saying, they will see through the trash of the mind.
    The mind is not reality... but where do these notions of being dragged down to it or of it being trash (the good/bad terminology) come from?
    Well that is for you to work out, I can't do it all for you, ha ha. :evil1:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Gemmy
    Gemmy

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

Post  Gemmy Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:09 am

I could do without all the moving cats messing up my screen, so is there a way of disabling emogis, or an ignore function, or something - anything?
    Gemmy
    Gemmy

Male

Post  Gemmy Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:28 am

I can't see any way to 'disable smilies' and I can't find an ignore function, so if anyone knows of a way, please let me know.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Gemmy wrote:My favorite youtube video on trash.

Ha, interesting seeing that. When I first came across these kind of ideas, I found they really resonated and looked to those wise sounding folk that came to internet,  believing them that they had found these ideas through experience... then one such wise sounding guru gave me the peaceful warrior to read (long before the film was around). And I realised that that wise sounding talk and the parts they took on, just replicated the books they had.

I never got into books after that because I felt they would get in the way of the pure experience.
    Gemmy
    Gemmy

Male

Post  Gemmy Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:49 am

Blueanchor wrote:

Ha, interesting seeing that. When I first came across these kind of ideas, I found they really resonated and looked to those wise sounding folk that came to internet,  believing them that they had found these ideas through experience... then one such wise sounding guru gave me the peaceful warrior to read (long before the film was around). And I realised that that wise sounding talk and the parts they took on, just replicated the books they had.

I never got into books after that because I felt they would get in the way of the pure experience.

The clip addresses unnecessary thought, referred to as 'trash', as all the distractions from the direct perception of what is happening now.

I have read a few things, but I don't like reading.  I gave up my academic path because it was so much goddam reading, the 'argument' nature of essay seemed inane to me, and ultimately, the more thinking I had to do the more miserable I became.

Then I started lifting heavy things...
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:51 am

Gemmy wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:

The clip addresses unnecessary thought, referred to as 'trash', as all the distractions from the direct perception of what is happening now.

I have read a few things, but I don't like reading.  I gave up my academic path because it was so much goddam reading, the 'argument' nature of essay seemed inane to me, and ultimately, the more thinking I had to do the more miserable I became.

Wisdom is contextual, which makes the repetition of common narratives stand outside that when they dont fit the moment.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:17 am

Gemmy wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:

So did the heavy weight lifting substitute for the academic path, just saying.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:57 pm