Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Violet
psychoslice
Blueanchor
7 posters

Meditation - a general interest thread.

Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Meditation - a general interest thread. - Page 4 Empty Meditation - a general interest thread.

Post  Blueanchor Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

I started meditating about 20 years ago because, at that time,  I felt the need to find peace and I knew somehow that it was within. I read about meditation and got as far as the line that says....switch off your thoughts.... and found that I couldnt do that... my thoughts had a lot to say. Then I bought a guided meditation tape (yes a tape lol) but I found that I just listened to the soft voice and relaxed, but didnt find peace. I tried music to meditate to and that helped for a short while. 

Then I gave up tryjng to meditate, but I realised that just having that short time each day to sit quietly and relax felt good. So thats what I did and in time, I drifted quite naturally into a meditative state. Over the years the meditative state became deeper (or higher - depending on which way you look at it) and without defining any specific intention, my time out took me into some different states.

Sometimes I would enter a dream state and would go on a journey that would offer some teaching or understanding from it. Sometimes, I would feel lkke I was floating higher and higher and would reach a state that I felt was healing. Other times I would be in a state of concious notningness. And at times I would just fall asleep. Because of these experiences, Ive come to trust that time out to bring about what I need. So I am often a little dubious about meditating with intention to reach something specific.

I have tried different types of meditation practise and really enjoyed them. I particularly enjoy meditating with others... that is quite special. But more often than not, I still just sit quietly and trust.

Im interested in hearing about other peolles experiences with meditation.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Meditation - a general interest thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: Meditation - a general interest thread.

Post  psychoslice Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:41 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:You know what!, I wrote a thread about this exact problem!,.and it was all about "contradictory" members on forums, always contradicting another's posts or their experiences in leading à spiritual life,.and this is a classic example of that?
    People giving a good honest reasonable answer to a posed question then getting "hammered" continually for more information!

Why do folk do that?
    All it does is cause friction,.and again I side with KPB on this, he has more than answered the questions posted by another member but just continually gets contradicted to the point of frustration, I can feel it through my 7" el cheapo tablet!

Why are folk not satisfied with what others say??
    Its because they want to force you to think like they think, you can't change people!,.so stop trying, its very frustrating to see some folk pushing the  same agenda on different threads, it gets done to me all the time, you answer a question thinking "that's it" only to find another question about the same issue, an issue you thought was satisfactorily answered!

Its unreal, it really is unreal!:eek:

:soap: :cat: :cat:
    Exactly, I feel the same frustration, its like they want to drag you down to their level.
    When you stop imagining people to be on different levels, then that frustration might dissapear.
    I know there is only one level, but there are those who believe they are on another level, and hence ignorance.
    Could you explain the comment further then please?
    The level of the mind, the ego.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Meditation - a general interest thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: Meditation - a general interest thread.

Post  Blueanchor Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:36 pm

We all have minds, emotions and thoughts. Your emotion in that moment was frustration, your thoughts formed the idea that the imaginary other was trying to drag you down, and your ego separated the idea of self and other into comparative levels.  The very notion is based on that age old separation of good/bad, better/worse.  No other dragged you there or forced you to be there. It is your own experience in that moment that you shared.

I think, I feel emotion, I experience a state of oneness/nothingness, sometimes all in one day, always without trying to be in any other state than what I am.. They are simply states of conciousness that we experience in life. Nothing to be dragged down to, nothing to be above or beyond.

I completely accept your mind, your ego, your emotions and your realisation... otherwise known as your experience :rainbow:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 pm

Blueanchor wrote:We all have minds, emotions and thoughts. Your emotion in that moment was frustration, your thoughts formed the idea that the imaginary other was trying to drag you down, and your ego separated the idea of self and other into comparative levels.  The very notion is based on that age old separation of good/bad, better/worse.  No other dragged you there or forced you to be there. It is your own experience in that moment that you shared.

I think, I feel emotion, I experience a state of oneness/nothingness, sometimes all in one day, always without trying to be in any other state than what I am.. They are simply states of conciousness that we experience in life. Nothing to be dragged down to, nothing to be above or beyond.

I completely accept your mind, your ego, your emotions and your realisation... otherwise known as your experience :rainbow:
    Yes of course all that is still there, but I know its not who I Am, I don't get caught up in it, its there and its gone, not feeding it like many do, its my slave, not the other way around.

Last edited by psychoslice on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:47 am

gigpdo wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:You know what!, I wrote a thread about this exact problem!,.and it was all about "contradictory" members on forums, always contradicting another's posts or their experiences in leading à spiritual life,.and this is a classic example of that?
    People giving a good honest reasonable answer to a posed question then getting "hammered" continually for more information!

Why do folk do that?
    All it does is cause friction,.and again I side with KPB on this, he has more than answered the questions posted by another member but just continually gets contradicted to the point of frustration, I can feel it through my 7" el cheapo tablet!

Its because they want to force you to think like they think, you can't change people!,.so stop trying, its very frustrating to see some folk pushing the  same agenda on different threads, it gets done to me all the time, you answer a question thinking "that's it" only to find another question about the same issue, an issue you thought was satisfactorily answered!

It is very unreal indeed.

Do you meditate gigdpo?
    I don't have to, I have all I want, I do not need anything else, including family, I am satisfied with the status quo, to physically prepare for daily meditation is pointless with me, although I did try it again in the past 2 years and it makes no difference to me or my life, my life with all its problems and issues ( usually others problems and issues ) is where it should be, I am exactly where I should be, physically, mentally, spiritually and socially!

I am where I am, what I am, and i am satisfied with that, its ended as it should, oh and I am not "homeless" by the way, far from it, nobody is homeless, that's just a state of mind, nothing else!..:thanku:

:soap: :cat:
    Yes, very nice. :love:
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:42 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:We all have minds, emotions and thoughts. Your emotion in that moment was frustration, your thoughts formed the idea that the imaginary other was trying to drag you down, and your ego separated the idea of self and other into comparative levels.  The very notion is based on that age old separation of good/bad, better/worse.  No other dragged you there or forced you to be there. It is your own experience in that moment that you shared.

Yes of course all that is still there, but I know its not who I Am, I don't get caught up in it, its there and its gone, not feeding it like many do, its my slave, not the other way around.
    What if that many of your comparison was gone and all that was left was you?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 am

gigpdo wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:

Why do folk do that?

Do you meditate gigdpo?
    I don't have to, I have all I want, I do not need anything else, including family, I am satisfied with the status quo, to physically prepare for daily meditation is pointless with me, although I did try it again in the past 2 years and it makes no difference to me or my life, my life with all its problems and issues ( usually others problems and issues ) is where it should be, I am exactly where I should be, physically, mentally, spiritually and socially!

I am where I am, what I am, and i am satisfied with that, its ended as it should, oh and I am not "homeless" by the way, far from it, nobody is homeless, that's just a state of mind, nothing else!..:thanku:

If you felt you had to meditate or were to meditate because you wanted to change where you are or alleviate some dissatisfaction, then it would be a practise or ritual and those underlying needs would still be there. 

Tge thread was about my own experience of releasing desire or intention in meditation and the meditative state that occurs without control or intent. That meditative state is what interests me... as Gem noted, it goes against the usual narratives.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:23 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:

As my true Self, I am always that, I don't own my ego, its just part and parcel of having a mind body organism, that simple really.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:01 pm

gigpdo wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:

Why do folk do that?

Do you meditate gigdpo?

If you felt you had to meditate or were to meditate because you wanted to change where you are or alleviate some dissatisfaction, then it would be a practise or ritual and those underlying needs would still be there. 

Tge thread was about my own experience of releasing desire or intention in meditation and the meditative state that occurs without control or intent. That meditative state is what interests me... as Gem noted, it goes against the usual narratives.
    You asked if I meditated?, I answered you, the answer was no!
    But, as an afterthought I gave a longer answer than I wanted to, I did try well before I joined this forum, I tried to give you a very concise easy answer so I would not get dragged into an "epic drama" like the Mahabharata, lol.

I meditated again to please some other poster on another forum, why? its because I thought they were "talking left handed", you know crap!

So,I documented my daily meditation for 3 months online, just to please another, and I do not need to complicate my life further by meditation just to tell others what is happening whilst meditating!, ok!:happy:

Then a thread about meditation is likely to be of little interest for you.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:17 pm

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:

As my true Self, I am always that, I don't own my ego, its just part and parcel of having a mind body organism, that simple really.
    My view differs from this. The ego is created, it is a response to life... to take responsibility for the creation enables change. From this view point, there is no other,... that is a creation of perception. By owning it, It provides the opportunity to change my own perception and to view something from different perspectives.  It also gives me responsibility over my responses... in this way, nobody makes me feel, noone drags me down or elivates me.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:

My view differs from this. The ego is created, it is a response to life... to take responsibility for the creation enables change. From this view point, there is no other,... that is a creation of perception. By owning it, It provides the opportunity to change my own perception and to view something from different perspectives.  It also gives me responsibility over my responses... in this way, nobody makes me feel, noone drags me down or elivates me.
    If what you say is done through the ego then its nothing but an illusion, its the ego keeping itself strong pretending it is wise.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:38 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    If what you say is done through the ego then its nothing but an illusion, its the ego keeping itself strong pretending it is wise.
    How could the ego observe itself?
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:51 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    Easy, it is all an illusion, it will play tricks on you, and you may believe its tricks, the ego doesn't exist, but you believe it does.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Easy, it is all an illusion, it will play tricks on you, and you may believe its tricks, the ego doesn't exist, but you believe it does.
    Does it make a difference if ego, mind, life are illusions? It doesnt stop being experienced  after you realise its not real.  In each moment we experience the responses to life. I may not be this body, but this body communicates life and my responses to it. Observation is being aware of those responses.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:42 pm

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    Does it make a difference if ego, mind, life are illusions? It doesnt stop being experienced  after you realise its not real.  In each moment we experience the responses to life. I may not be this body, but this body communicates life and my responses to it. Observation is being aware of those responses.
    The only difference is that the ego has been caught out, you now realize you are only acting your part, so it simply isn't taken serious anymore.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    The only difference is that the ego has been caught out, you now realize you are only acting your part, so it simply isn't taken serious anymore.
    So our responses to this realisation differ.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:15 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    Yes of course, it all resonates through the mind, and depending on your or my mind, we then have a difference of describing it to each other, but then the one who is awake will comprehend what the other is saying, they will see through the trash of the mind.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:44 am

gigpdo wrote:"they will see through the trash of the mind"...:happy:

I love it KPB, it has a nice ring to it, it actually resonates through the ether like an old monk with parchment skin stretched over his bones ringing an ancient bell atop the Himalayas,.. lol,.yes I like it mate!

I just make this crap up as I go along lol.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:46 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Yes of course, it all resonates through the mind, and depending on your or my mind, we then have a difference of describing it to each other, but then the one who is awake will comprehend what the other is saying, they will see through the trash of the mind.
    The mind is not reality... but where do these notions of being dragged down to it or of it being trash (the good/bad terminology) come from?
    Gemmy
    Gemmy

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

Post  Gemmy Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 am

My favorite youtube video on trash.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:10 am