Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Runes

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Runes - Page 2 Empty Runes

Post  Violet Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Are any of you familiar with Rune stones? I've seen a few people who are excellent with these, I can do them but only with the book so far :blush:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Runes - Page 2 Empty Re: Runes

Post  shayn Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:49 pm

i found them, my runes, as i saw them i just new, i want them, so i oredered them and they will be here just around the time of my birthday, and i'm so so so so so so HAPPY.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:24 pm

shayn wrote:i found them, my runes, as i saw them i just new, i want them, so i oredered them and they will be here just around the time of my birthday, and i'm so so so so so so HAPPY.

Yay!! I found some i'd forgot I had the other day :blush: when's your birthday Shayn :grin:

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:41 pm

4th of April
    a truely spring girl :)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Ah Aries :grin: Well I'll wish you happy birthday in advance in case I miss you on the day :love:

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:43 am

thank you violet i'm sure we see each other before and after :)
    gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Post  gwenddydd Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Good for you :) !! What kind of set did you get ?

Love

Gwen
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:11 pm

the healing runes.
    it just felt right for me. do you know them? it is nice, it comes with a book, and the glass-clear glass runes.
    btw, how should i look after them? do they need special beg? and i use them on a special cloth or what? can they be at the same beg with my tarot cards and the other cards? and how do i wellcome them? well sorry for all the stupid question, i'm sure i can find some answers in the book but would love to hear what you think.
    gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.

Post  gwenddydd Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:38 am

Thank you! :med:
    I still believe there are no stupid questions; there are however stupid answers. So don’t worry about it . Actually the questions your asking are not unlike the questions I had when starting of.

Because I had no one at hand to answer my questions I stumbled around in the dark for a bit, grasping at straws. :blush: I started using my runes in small ways, like pulling one out of the bag for myself, reading on the net, buying myself some books. After a while I found that some info just went against everything I was experiencing with my runes.

So here are three things to keep in mind (and not just where runes are concerned).
    - Don’t accept information from a single source as the one and only truth. No one is truly objective; every text will be colored with the experience and perspective of the author.
    - Follow your heart.
    - Trust your instincts.

Most of which I’m sure your already doing. :wink:

To answer your question:

the healing runes. it just felt right for me. do you know them?
    I was not familiar with the set you picked, but google is as always a great help. They look good and are they made out of clear quartz? Nice. If there are 24 from what I’ve seen they are and Elder Futhark, so the Futhark already posted here.

do they need special beg? and i use them on a special cloth or what?
    I think it was mentioned somewhere on the sites I visited, that the runes come in a bag, however if you feel more comfortable in making your own pouch in which to keep them, please do so.
    I made mine the prehistoric way. :giggles:
    (Just cut out a good-sized circle of the material you picked. Punch holes about 2 cm from the edge all around, spaced equally (its not an exact science don’t worry). Put your runes on the circle with the holes and just weave a leather cord through the holes. Leave a generous length of cord at the start and make sure you have plenty at the end. Pull both ends of the cord through the last hole together. If you wrinkle up the material now, you’ll have your pouch).
    As for the cloth, use whatever tickles your fancy. I have always been attracted to natural materials in working with runes.

can they be at the same beg with my tarot cards and the other cards?
    If that feels right to you, then please go ahead. They won’t bite each other.

and how do i wellcome them?
    That is entirely up to you again, do what feels right. I would however suggest “cleaning” them before starting to use them. Many people handled them on their way to you. You may want to start fresh. Apart from that, just spend some time getting to know each one, hold them one at a time and see how they “feel” to you, without worrying over what there “supposed” to represent.
    Write down what you get from each. I didn’t and I’m still bummed about that. Because your perception of runes may change over time, its sometimes good to be able to look back on you unclouded first impressions.

how should i look after them?
    Very basically as you would any crystals you might use. They will need :goodvibes: “maintenance” from time to time. “Cleaning” ‘Discharging” and “Reloading”. If your set is made out of clear quartz, then my suggestion would be just to use for your runes what methods you would apply to clear quartz in general. Apart from that, the same as you would treat :huga:an old friend.

I hope this helps you, please ask any questions you'd like
    :hugz:

Gwen
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:33 am

thank you Gwen

one more :)
    how do i clean them , discharge them and reload them? i'm not that very good with my crystals, sometimes i just put them under running water and place them over night outside during a full moon, but i don't do that very often.
    thank you again
    shayn
    gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female

Post  gwenddydd Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Shayn,
    I must admit it is not my area of expertise either, though I love my crystals dearly. :candle:

Sometimes I clean them with inscense, sometimes I put them in running water, some I leave them in my garden near a certain herb, sometimes I leave them out in water during the full moon. It all depends on what I'm trying to accomplish and on the "feel"of the crystal.

Different gems seem to need different treatment.

So I posted you question as a new topic in the crystal section. I hope you don't mind, we might all learn something new that way :wink:

Discussing the different ways we do things can sometimes lead to wonderfull additions to our own knowledge. :daisy:

:astar:
    Gwen
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:17 pm

thank you Gwen,
    i will look at your posting, and i know the answer will come.
    thank you for all your help
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:12 am

Here you are ZombieChaser, Gwen has posted loads of good stuff in this thread about runes :grin:

gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female

Post  gwenddydd Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:06 am

And if there is any other info you need, or information on the other futharks, just let me know :)
    :astar:
    Gwen
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:26 am

thanks Gwen
    and it is so great seeing you again.