Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
OpalMoon
SpiritVoices
millergrls
lumas
SparK
Native spirit
iScorpio
Beware_of_Italics
feather
Lynn
WishingMel
Sacred-Star
AngelTony
innerlight
Violet
19 posters

Does psychic ability run in the family

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Does psychic ability run in the family  Empty Does psychic ability run in the family

Post  Violet Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:28 pm

or are you the first psychic in your family?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Does psychic ability run in the family  Empty Re: Does psychic ability run in the family

Post  innerlight Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Violet wrote:or are you the first psychic in your family?
    As far as I know I would be the first one.. Now, that's not taking into consideration that I have two nieces that are under the age of five. My family is also very devout Catholic so anything would of been muted, or not talked about. Though, they are more open now with spirit communication with my mom, and aunt passing. My dad and uncle both bought books on the afterlife, and have even seen John Edward. Even if I'm not a fan of John Edward. Does psychic ability run in the family  809779

Last edited by innerlight on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Does psychic ability run in the family  Empty Re: Does psychic ability run in the family

Post  Violet Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:38 pm

Ah yeah so it would be dificult to know in those circumstances, I think it would be interesting to trace waaaaaay back and see what family were up to years back

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:57 pm

yup
    Sacred-Star
    Sacred-Star

Female
    Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Sacred-Star Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:21 am

My grand-father (on my mothers side) saw and dealt with beings and entities.
    My grand-mothers (mothers side) also saw and sensed beings and entities.

My great grand-father (on my father's side) saw and dealt with beings/entities and even removed them from people, he also dealt with 'possessions'.

My dad's father before he passed away had similar abilities to the ones described above, when he was on his deathbed, he wanted to pass my father a coat of his and urged him to take it to pass his abilities/knowledge (I really cannot describe what I mean here as my parents never really went into much details) but my father being in his late teens/early adolescent years didn't understand and didn't see what use taking the coat would be for him.
    It went to an uncle of my father who then took over the work from his brother. It was my grand-fathers symbolic way of passing on his knowledge and experience.

I've been told that in my family the abilities pass down-my mother and father had similar abilities to the ones described above, but didn't talk about it much and didn't really want us to know much about what they had.

I think some of what they had has been passed onto me, for sometimes when I 'come across' some beings/entities.
    When my grand-father or great grand-father (dad's side) used to deal with the low level entities & beings that had affected people, they used to command them to get the hell away and would loose their tempers, if these low level entities/beings didn't obey or tried to create difficulties.

I can feel their anger/commanding/authoritative energy within me when I come across low level beings/entities. When I react to these entities/beings sometimes it really feels like my grand-father and great grand-father are with me.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:36 am

When I react to these entities/beings sometimes it really feels like my grand-father and great grand-father are with me.

They probably are Sacred-Star Does psychic ability run in the family  21581 Interesting to hear of all these abilities within your family, thanks for sharing.

WishingMel
    Just joined

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2012-01-05

Post  WishingMel Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:35 am

i think if you have grown up in a very spiritual home with spiritual parents then you are more likely to be more in touch with your own spiritual side..which could uncover psychic abilities?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:51 pm

I grew up in the total opposite enviromentDoes psychic ability run in the family  809779 (just to be awkward) and perhaps that total lack of any spirituality made me work that little bit harder?

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:47 am

Hello

Thought I grew up being told NEVER to talk on it from the age of 6 I learned some year's after the passing of me Father that it does run way back in that side of the family line.

Thining back on childhood there were CLUES all around the basement. Me Dad had a rather large collection ( of what I thought at the time) were simply ROCKS were actually crystals ext. I wish now I had kept them...but that is that. I too remember the dresser that was off limits but of course I peeked in it....and there were wands and other smaller items in it.

I know that I missed it in me first Son til he was two....( a fact he will NOT let his Mom live down ) that he was seeing a man in his room.

It does run in the family lines yes but too one can be I feel BORN new to it all.

Lynn
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:08 am

I don't have a lot of information about family in the past, so I don't know of any psychic tendencies. In those days, most people wouldn't have made such things well known or even recognized it.

Growing up, we had a little bit of Sunday schooling but Dad was very antireligion and Mum did have a faith to start with but let it lapse. We didn't have any strong faith as children and I'm sure never even had any idea what spiritualism was.

Strangely enough...two of my 4 sisters have come to develop very strong religious devotion in a spiritual context...one has been part of a healing group and the other has had communication with Angels.

A third sister is just becoming interested in paranormal and psychic practices...she has been to psychic workshops.

All these tendencies developing in me and my sisters are all quite unconnected to each other.

Looking back on my early childhood I can see my empathic, sensitive and psychic side clearly showing...I used to cry a lot and just thought I was weird and Mum used to tell me I was just too sensitive for my own good.

Never really felt I fitted.
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:11 am

I would say it does run in this family, especially amongst the women. It is a little "scattered" though. Some of them are more open to it than others. My mother, sister and an aunt most especially.

My father always seems to know when family members are about ot pass. (And my father is not a huge believer of this stuff). It's really strange b/c he ALWAYS knows through a celebrity's death. What I mean is he'll just blurt that 'Family Member X is going to pass when Celebrity X does'. So far, he's never been wrong.

But come to think of it... the women in the family display more mediumistic abilities than psychic.
    iScorpio
    iScorpio

Male
    Number of posts : 77
    Job/hobbies : Student; Psychic Sensitive, & Medium- Clairvoyant, Clairaudient, and Clairsentient.
    Registration date : 2012-02-27

Does psychic ability run in the family  Empty RE:

Post  iScorpio Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:19 am

As far as I know I'm the first psychic in the family.. on my fathers side they were all Catholics, so I don't know of any psychic people on my dad's side.. on my mothers side they are all SUPER Christian and believe a lot of things I do are evil or satanic.. I love Jesus and God dearly.. but I'm not like them.. lol... I'm just highly spiritual and into spirituality and spiritual stuff.. So I think I am the first in my family. :)
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:46 am

Does psychic ability run in the family  348985 My mother had a bit of it,so did my grandmother i dont know about my dads parents as they both passed before i was born, i dont know about my extended family as they are in the usa, but i believe that they were spiritual as well, i know when they first went over to the us in about 18 hundreds,that they did a lot with the Native ppl.other than that i dont know

Namaste
    SparK
    SparK

Male
    Number of posts : 113
    Job/hobbies : -----------
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Post  SparK Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 am

GRANDFATHER(mother side) - 100% accuracy in finding anything even without a clue, heals, remote viewing and a lot more >.<
    GRANDMOTER(father side) - ability - unknown
    GRANDFATHER'S BROTHER - they said it seen walking and running in the sea
    FATHER - UNKNOWN - i just got the info in my mom
    my NIECE - at age of 4 i can sense strong inside her, and she even tells story that she saw that, this, those and even having conversation with spirits -.-!

lumas
    lumas

Male
    Number of posts : 135
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Post  lumas Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 am

My opinion is we all have psychic abilities so it runs in all of us but if you are born into a family with strong spiritual beliefs as i did then chances are some if not all will have developed this ability and i am happy to say my children (in fact they are not children any more) they are all grown up take a keen interest in my beliefs and have open minds and have sat in on a closed circle meeting so yes it is likely they will develop their psycic abilities if they choose to.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:31 pm

I agree with Lumas. Of course it runs in the family. Everyone has the ability, it just depends on if they choose to open it, listen to it and utilize it. Does psychic ability run in the family  15910
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:44 pm

My great grandmother was a medium.

My daughter is showing signs of Pyschism.

Me? I'm sort of in the middle....Does psychic ability run in the family  160943

Joanie
    OpalMoon
    OpalMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 51
    Job/hobbies : psp graphics, paranormal researching/investigating, road trips, gardening, camping, fishing, photography
    Registration date : 2012-12-04

Post  OpalMoon Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:55 pm

I really don't know. If anyone else is they haven't mentioned anything to me. I was adopted (in family) so I don't know if my parents had any abilities or not.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Now there's a new point. Great/Grandmother was a medium but I have never had any communication from her.

Yet my other grandmother from my dad's side of the family,often comes through in dreams. I never knew either of them.

Joanie

Last edited by Joanie on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong word.)
    SeaCharms
    SeaCharms

Female
    Number of posts : 197
    Job/hobbies : Tarot cards, My Cats
    Registration date : 2012-06-15

Post  SeaCharms Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:44 pm

I don't consider myself a psychic but my grandmother was supposed to be psychic. She's in her 90's now and whatever abilities she had she no longer has.
    Auras123
    Auras123

Male
    Number of posts : 223
    Job/hobbies : Medium, Psychic, Christian Spiritualist.
    Registration date : 2012-03-25

Post  Auras123 Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 pm

As innerlight, my family are very strong Catholics. So we were not really allowed to talk about it. But about 20 years ago me and my mum broke away from the church as we didn't real like the teaches of the church. After that my mam started getting into Spiritualism, and she began to do tarot and stuff like that. Then we actually found out that my nan which is extremely catholic was psychic but because her mum was a Catholic she wasn't allowed to talk about it. So yes I do believe it can run in the family, but some times they don't realize.

A
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:57 pm

I never met my husbands grandmother, but she come through to me all the time in dreams. We always sit in a white kitchn at a brown round kitchen table. We talk about the kids. I asked my husband one time if his grandma had any type of abilities like this and he said yes, but it was clouded because she also had split personalities. I almost wonder if it wasn't the case and there were spirits coming through. In a reading, i was told that my husband is an intuitive but he fears it. Sometimes I have seen him behave as a whole different person (in an extreme way).
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Split personalities? I have often wondered about this myself.

That was always regarded as a medical problem but is it?

Times have marched on now so is it really a split personality problem or is it spirit coming through?
    JTheCreator

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2013-01-07

Post  JTheCreator Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 am

Psychic abilities run in my father's side of the family. His mother could meet you and know all about your past in a single instant. His uncle is a bit of a telepath and is strongly intuitive. My father has a lot of intuition and empathy going for him, the minute you walk into the house he knows you current emotions.

I'm a natural precog. Since I was a child, I would receive visions. They first happened in dreams, as with most people. When I was 16 and in high school, I would pick up on people's thoughts or events, and they would happen just as I turned a corner in the hall. This got stronger with meditation, and over the years I got better at it. These days, I can receive visions of the future on command. It's not like watching a film inside my head though, it's more like psychometrics. I pick up on energies in the future and try to mentally transcribe what they mean. I also use this same method to read fortunes or give prophecies. A little tarot reading too.

However, although precognition is my strongest ability, I have a few more. I'm pretty good with energy manipulation, but it's best in a controlled situation. When giving someone a massage, I do a little form of self-taught reiki before hand to free up negative energy and mental tension. I'm a big empath thanks to my dad, but it often troubles me so I try to block it out or create a mental shield. Healing is another gift of mine, I'm not so much of a natural at it but I'm pretty good. I've healed many people, not from anything huge like a broken bone or healed cuts before their eyes; simple stuff that is more biological than physical.

Anyways, to name a few, that's what I got. I think if it runs in the family, it gets stronger as the generations continue. For instance, I can do things my dad can't, and during meditations I experience things he never has. I think it has to do with the Indigo/Crystal children theory. I believe it, and I think that's why I'm "stronger" than my dad, and if I ever have a child, he'll run laps around me.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:36 am

Joanie wrote:Split personalities? I have often wondered about this myself.

That was always regarded as a medical problem but is it?

Times have marched on now so is it really a split personality problem or is it spirit coming through?

I think in some cases is was mediumship and other abilites but the person was so closed off to it that it turned into a disability. I mean think about it. I hear voices when I meditate and now lately just in my day to day life. If I didn't realize that these were spirits coming through to me, then I might think I am a wee bit crazy. For those who were never exposed to these type of possible abilities it might seem as if they are crazy or imbalanced because they do not know how to handle it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:44 pm