Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Amore
jcam@sii
Assumpta
jean_james
Auras
Detlef
Violet
angelman
millergrls
SpiritVoices
14 posters

Angels.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Angels.    - Page 2 Empty Angels.

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

What is the meaning of angels in our life,please?

Do they really exist?

What part in our lives do angels take?

What part of life in spirit do they take?

Where did angels originate from?

Are they part of God's world?

Joanie
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Angels.    - Page 2 Empty Re: Angels.

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:06 pm

jean_james wrote:Here's my experience...

Last month my grandmother passed. She had been battling cancer for years and it was her time. We were able to get her to the hospice the night before. I stayed up all night by her side, like I had been doing all week. In the early morning her breathing changed, a very quiet death rattle, and then it changed back. Knowing that the time was near, I woke my mother up, who was sleeping in the room. She dismissed it, told me that the nurses were watching her and went back to sleep. So I went back to my grandmother's side, held her hand, put my head down on the bed rails, closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. That's when I saw them.

Usually when I close my eyes, I would see one or two spots of lights, going from light to dark. That's what it's like when I try to meditate. This time, I saw 2 pairs of beautiful white angel wings and it looked like they were flying. I could almost feel a breeze from them. And I could feel their energy. One felt a lot stronger than the other, almost like an old soul, while the other one felt newer and lighter. I opened my eyes. My grandmother had a little cough, her breathing paused and then she took her last breathe. I could feel all the energies, including hers, lift up and disappear.

I can't put a name or a label on them. My grandfather had passed 6 months before so I've always wondered if he was one of them, the newer and lighter one. I guess until I can get past my fears and really open up, I won't really know much more.

We all have fears of 'dying', Jean_James.

Through our ignorance of death. But I feel when that times comes,the fear will go.

I have seen many that I have known in life after death.

Two angels? I think that is beautiful.

Angels.    - Page 2 21581

Joanie
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Detlef wrote:What do you want to know about earthbounds?
    Or did you mean the Fae with earth spirits ?
    The Fae are actually very similar, one can mistake their energy for that of the angelic.
    And similar in their development, yet different in there purpose within the One.
    The Fae hold all that is physical in balance.

Norseman is the name of the member I was thinking about. Look for the earth bound section on here. Some beautiful pictures on there.

Joanie Angels.    - Page 2 28115
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Wow joanie thats a wonderful experience have you ever tried to conatct this angel?
    jean_james
    jean_james
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 7
    Job/hobbies : broken-down, ex 911 dispatcher
    Registration date : 2013-01-21

Post  jean_james Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Joanie, I'm not actually afraid of death or what happens after we die. I seem to have gotten over that fear. It's just another part of life. I'm afraid of an 'overlaod' when I do finally open up to all of this. Sometimes the energy I feel coming off of myself seems soooo strong that I'm not sure if I can control it, if control is the right word.
    angelman
    angelman

Male
    Number of posts : 67
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual Teacher
    Registration date : 2012-09-12

Post  angelman Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Inner Voice

We are all fallen angels
    On a journey back to light
    Caught up in earthly cycles
    As we try to get it right
    There is no end to changes earned
    With each successive life
    Become aware of who you are
    A beautiful being of light
    Change your personal agenda
    And you can have the might
    Of the universe behind you
    We're waiting here to guide you
    The answers lie inside
    You have to quiet your mind
    To listen to a voice
    Who is already a part of you
    Must balance what you listen to
    Your ego or to me
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Auras wrote:Wow joanie thats a wonderful experience have you ever tried to conatct this angel?

No,I haven't Auras. That happened a long time ago. Nearly forgot about it....Angels.    - Page 2 160943

Joanie
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:52 pm

jean_james wrote:Joanie, I'm not actually afraid of death or what happens after we die. I seem to have gotten over that fear. It's just another part of life. I'm afraid of an 'overlaod' when I do finally open up to all of this. Sometimes the energy I feel coming off of myself seems soooo strong that I'm not sure if I can control it, if control is the right word.

Have you considered professional training,Jean?

Under the spiritualist church?

Joanie
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:57 pm

angelman wrote:Inner Voice

We are all fallen angels
    On a journey back to light
    Caught up in earthly cycles
    As we try to get it right
    There is no end to changes earned
    With each successive life
    Become aware of who you are
    A beautiful being of light
    Change your personal agenda
    And you can have the might
    Of the universe behind you
    We're waiting here to guide you
    The answers lie inside
    You have to quiet your mind
    To listen to a voice
    Who is already a part of you
    Must balance what you listen to
    Your ego or to me

I love the last line there,Paul.

So true. Our own words or ideas always win through,don't they?

We always think we know best...Angels.    - Page 2 8224

Joanie
    jean_james
    jean_james
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 7
    Job/hobbies : broken-down, ex 911 dispatcher
    Registration date : 2013-01-21

Post  jean_james Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Joanie wrote:Have you considered professional training,Jean?

Joanie

Actually I was just looking into it last week. There's a spiritualist church here in the the city but I have to wait until next month when I've got the money for bus fare. We moved last month so money's a little tight. But I did get a bit of a surprise today. I had signed up for some personal counseling and had my first session this afternoon with a counselor I met a few years ago and she believes in all this and happens to know an energy healer and a touch therapy healer and is going to get me in contact with them. Everything just seems to be falling in place Angels.    - Page 2 8224
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 pm

jean_james wrote:
    Joanie wrote:Have you considered professional training,Jean?

Joanie

Actually I was just looking into it last week. There's a spiritualist church here in the the city but I have to wait until next month when I've got the money for bus fare. We moved last month so money's a little tight. But I did get a bit of a surprise today. I had signed up for some personal counseling and had my first session this afternoon with a counselor I met a few years ago and she believes in all this and happens to know an energy healer and a touch therapy healer and is going to get me in contact with them. Everything just seems to be falling in place Angels.    - Page 2 8224

That's good,I wish you well,Jean.

Angels.    - Page 2 28115

Joanie
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Just seen this Joan, could have sworn I'd already answered but I hadn't.

I do believe in angels and they have are a big part of my life. When the dog is missing I always call on them to bring him home safe and they do. If I have a problem I always ask them to help and they do. I know a lot of this is faith that I believe in, but I couldn't imagine my life without them.

Angels.    - Page 2 348985
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 pm

My faith is growing more and more,Maureen

Angels.    - Page 2 160943

Joanie
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Amore
    Amore

Female
    Number of posts : 36
    Job/hobbies : Teaching, Piano, etc
    Registration date : 2017-11-19

Post  Amore Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:22 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:What is the meaning of angels in our life,please?

Do they really exist?

What part in our lives do angels take?

Where did angels originate from?

I've enjoyed the positive tone in this thread - and your kindness to others, Joanie.  I realize this thread is several years old, but I wanted to discuss more.

I think angels help us when we need it - it seems more when ego doesn't ask (try to control) them, but they come from a higher motivation.

The 1st reply was interesting - about the various realms and duties of angels...

Later, I'll research more about angels, archangels, gods and goddesses.
    Amore
    Amore

Female

Post  Amore Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:22 pm

Although I have much to learn, it seems that gods, goddesses, angels, spirit guides, saints and similar - are all ways to organize God/spiritual energies.

I want to understand the 9 angels:  (italic are quoted from various sources)
    Please share any thoughts you may have.

1st Sphere – Seraphim, Cheribum and Thrones
    2nd Sphere – Dominions, Virtues and Powers
    3rd Sphere – Principalities, Archangels and Angels.

SERAPHIM -  sometimes called “the burning ones” because they are closest to God and radiate Pure Light.  Enthusiasm, passion.
    Duty:  regulate the heavens.
    (Lucifer is said to have been one of the Seraphim who had outshone all the others until he became the head of the fallen angels).

I'm thinking more that Lucifer (& related angels) definitely have some negative energy - but I think that it's necessary - and often a very personal manner in how we sense it.

CHERUBIM – sent to guard the gates of Eden. Originally they were depicted as the bearers of God’s Throne, as the charioteers, and as powerful beings with four wings and four faces. However, in modern times, Cheribum have evolved into chubby babies with wings.  "

Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Hm... 4 faces and in the east (rising sun/illumination) of the garden of "illusion." 

THRONES – called the ‘many eyed ones’ have the duty of carrying out God’s decisions. They are often represented as firey wheels.

Maybe the all-perspectives of all possibilities aspect of God.
    The 3 above seem like CEO, Pres and VP.

:peace:

DOMINIONS – their job is to regulate the duties of the other Angels and ensure that God’s wishes are carried out.

VIRTUES – the Angels of Grace who bring God’s blessings to Earth, usually in the form of miracles. Known as the ‘brilliant’ or “shinning'” ones, they are associated with acts of heroism and bring courage when needed.

POWERS – their job is to prevent the ‘fallen angels’ from taking over the world and keeping the Universe in balance. They are also seen as the Angels of birth and death.

The above 3 seem like Upper Management, Manager and Supervisor.

:love:
    PRINCIPALITIES – the Guardian Angels of cities, nations and rulers, and guards against the invasion of evil angels.

ARCHANGELS – probably the best known of all Angels. They carry God’s most important messages to humans. They also command God’s ‘armies’ of Angels in the constant battle with the “sons of darkness.”

ANGELS – the Celestial Beings closest to humans. They act as intermediaries between the Almighty and humanity. Often called our “Guardian Angels.”

The above 3 seem more "hands on" - more involved in earthly affairs:  like spiritual warriors/armies, and kind of parental or very protective and nurturing.

I wonder if within these categories - and maybe others - there are like a spiritual yellow pages.  If so, I wonder what services would there be?
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:56 am

It often annoys 'old' members when I point out when threads are all-but-dead.  This one is getting on for five years old but now I've pointed that out I expect someone will love proving me wrong by responding to recent postings....  :wink:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life

Post  psychoslice Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:22 am

I believe angels are just myths, the word angel simply means messenger, certainly not winged creatures. :astar:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:37 pm

There ya go - gigpot next!
    Amore
    Amore

Female

Post  Amore Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:58 pm

mac wrote:It often annoys 'old' members when I point out when threads are all-but-dead.  This one is getting on for five years old but now I've pointed that out I expect someone will love proving me wrong by responding to recent postings....  :wink:

And it often annoys humans when I point out that the topic is more important than criticizing how old a topic is.

It's funny because some people get pissed as you have, for resurrecting an ancient thread.  Then others get pissed for creating a new thread when there are 10 other identical threads.
    I guess you can't please everyone!
    Amore
    Amore

Female

Post  Amore Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:02 pm

psychoslice wrote:I believe angels are just myths, the word angel simply means messenger, certainly not winged creatures. :astar:
    Well, you could say everything spiritual is "myth" - and you'd be right.  So much is mythology - stories, parables, icons, images.  But how else could something so profound be communicated or represented?

I was actually laughing to myself earlier when I thought of how valid it is even if I were to label each spiritual/intuitive experience like, "Good ol' angel-Frank is protecting me."  or "My spiritual sister Alice knows how I'm feeling."  or "Flipper my angel dolphin gives me wisdom."  Normally, I haven't done this specific labelling - I just receive spiritual help and that's it.  But maybe, just maybe my faith would grow by putting a name to it!  If so, if my faith and spiritual well-being was improved by making spiritual experiences more real - then why not?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Amore wrote:
    mac wrote:It often annoys 'old' members when I point out when threads are all-but-dead.  This one is getting on for five years old but now I've pointed that out I expect someone will love proving me wrong by responding to recent postings....  :wink:

And it often annoys humans when I point out that the topic is more important than criticizing how old a topic is.

It's funny because some people get pissed as you have, for resurrecting an ancient thread.  Then others get pissed for creating a new thread when there are 10 other identical threads.
    I guess you can't please everyone!
    I guess that as it's humans who are involved with topics anyway, it's going to be mostly they who get annoyed!  :happy:

As for your pointing out that the topic is more important than criticism about how old a thread is, well I must've missed those points somewhere....

As for me 'getting pissed' I would only have done that if I were on the booze, those days long gone to be replaced by less drain-like drinking - lol as gigpot loves to festoon her/his postings with. 
    :evil:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life

Post  psychoslice Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:25 am

Amore wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:I believe angels are just myths, the word angel simply means messenger, certainly not winged creatures. :astar:
    Well, you could say everything spiritual is "myth" - and you'd be right.  So much is mythology - stories, parables, icons, images.  But how else could something so profound be communicated or represented?

I was actually laughing to myself earlier when I thought of how valid it is even if I were to label each spiritual/intuitive experience like, "Good ol' angel-Frank is protecting me."  or "My spiritual sister Alice knows how I'm feeling."  or "Flipper my angel dolphin gives me wisdom."  Normally, I haven't done this specific labelling - I just receive spiritual help and that's it.  But maybe, just maybe my faith would grow by putting a name to it!  If so, if my faith and spiritual well-being was improved by making spiritual experiences more real - then why not?
    Of course if it makes your life better then why not, the belief in Santa makes many children's life happy so again, why not.
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:01 am

Reading these old posts brings good and sad memories for myself spiritvoices or joan as she is to me.is a very good friend of mine.
     she used to post on here all the time.
     but sadly age and its many problems has caught up with joan.and sadly cannot participate on here anymore. mac will understand as he knew joan also.

Namaste
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:36 pm

back were I belong??  :SH:

Sponsored content