Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
mac
Zephyr
6 posters

What are Spirit Guides Like?

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

What are Spirit Guides Like? Empty Re: What are Spirit Guides Like?

Post  mac Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Zephyr wrote:Hello,

I have been getting to know mine recently. I've not been aware of him for very long & I'm surprised that he isn't what I thought he might be. My preconceptions were that Spirit Guide's would be, well I don't know.... wise, thoughtful, caring and so on. My guide though is not really any of those things.
    He is rather playful & I love his sense of humour, he can be hilarious, but I've begun to feel that he is rather insensitive to my daily needs, he never seems to want to give me any breathing room, he's with me from morning till night. It can be so hard to do my own thing & just get on with my life without being distracted by him & his near constant, well 'commentary' is the word I'm going to use.
    If I seek to reason with him he just give's me his guidance & really ignores my concerns.
    Today though I've lost my temper with him because it's my birthday & he has spoilt it with his "commentary". He like's to test me & I am ok with that because it is clearly for my benefit, but last night he upset me & I thought "he's going to spoil my birthday" so asked him not to, but he's done it anyway.
    He's helping me to heal some of my issues so it can be upsetting but I can't believe he's done it today.

This morning was so nice. I visited my family & then went & bought some things for him in thanks for his help, flowers & scents to freshen things up on my birthday. I've spend hours in bed, snoozing, just so that I can avoid him.
    We're not talking at the moment in fact, he says he's sad because of this. Although that might be because I'm on the computer, that seems to be a time when I get stillness.

The thing is as well, he has apologised but I don't yet feel like forgiving because I asked him not to spoil my day. I've lost my temper & told him that I think he walks all over me, he never leaves me alone, as I've already said. I'm wondering now if he's even a Spirit Guide, that he might be something else. That though doesn't really fit because there is genuine goodness coming from him, but could it?

I would be grateful for any thoughts or insights, or about how guides should behave, or about your guides, thank you. :hugz:
    You might wish to consider what you expect of a spirit guide and whether your discarnate friend measures up.  From what you've said here I have my doubts.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:00 pm

First of all belated Happy Birthday, I have only just read your post.

The thing is as well, he has apologised but I don't yet feel like forgiving because I asked him not to spoil my day. I've lost my temper & told him that I think he walks all over me, he never leaves me alone, as I've already said. I'm wondering now if he's even a Spirit Guide, that he might be something else. That though doesn't really fit because there is genuine goodness coming from him, but could it?

Well in my humble opinion this isn't a spirit guide at all. I have never heard of a guide like this. Are you sure you are not just tricking yourself because you so want to believe he is your spirit guide?

Do you ground yourself and use protection, practise opening and closing your psychic portals?

It sounds like you are wide open and your mental imagination has allowed this 'fellow' to distract you from the reality of the situation.

What you have written sounds like the beginnings of a slippery slope, guides do not need flowers or scents etc and they do not invade and pester. Stop listening to this voice. Close down and just stop, block, shield and make sure you ground yourself firmly into the real present. Cut off for a while make him go away. 

Do you see a doctor or have any relevant medical conditions?
    Retro7600

Male
    Number of posts : 94
    Job/hobbies : School :P
    Registration date : 2014-12-14

Post  Retro7600 Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:54 pm

How is it that you met this guide?

I'm asking out of curiosity, as I don't have experience to answer your question fully.

I have heard of certain types of spirit animals who are temporary, and teach you a lesson through hardships rather than encouraging you. Unfortunately, in doing so, they would usually use factors that are negative human emotions, like fear. And since technically, spirit animals are spirit guides, maybe it is possible for him to be helping you by doing so?

Like I said, I'm inexperienced, so don't rely entirely on my opinion! :)
    psychicwiccan
    psychicwiccan

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Job/hobbies : wicca no job
    Registration date : 2015-09-07

Post  psychicwiccan Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:38 am

Uh hes just a ghost thats attached to you.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:13 am

Very much like us id say but theyd never harm annoy or humiliate us imo

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:14 pm