Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Violet
gwenddydd
6 posters

The power of Herbs

gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

The power of Herbs - Page 2 Empty The power of Herbs

Post  gwenddydd Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

As Allen already told you I love herbs, and not just in my food(though I do love to cook). So with that and Violets support I would like to offer here a chance to just ask questions about any herb(from our nothern hemisphere) that you may have a question on :).
    I will try to awnser your questions as best I can, as usuall... :happy:
    Also I'll try to make a habit out of posting a common herb, with its uses, every two weeks, or every week if your interested.
    I definitly don't know everything there is to know about every herb there is, so please feel free to post any extra input you feel appropriate.
    The doors open, so just come in and ask!
    Love
    .Gwen
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

The power of Herbs - Page 2 Empty Re: The power of Herbs

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Thanks Gwen, Its actually Osteoarthritis (I think its secretly called 'getting older' Bugger!!). I'll give those a try. The nettle and ginger tea first. I bet it doesnt taste to nice but if it helps so be it. Thanks again Gwen.
    Big Hugs x The power of Herbs - Page 2 531481
    gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.

Post  gwenddydd Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:22 am

Your welcome, and yes, please try the nettle and the ginger, you can sweeten them with honey. I think nettle may surprise you. The good, fresh dried stuff, doesn't taste half bad. Ginger has a pretty specific taste, but you could try to mix either with chammomille(if that is a taste you like) or for the nettle with some mint.
    Don't mix just anything, some herbs don't mix well. They can either act as catalysts on the eachother, or one of both, or nullify eachother, or the effect of just one of them. Which is dependend mostly on chemical composition of the herbs. Chamomille is a gentle herb that reacts well in most mixtures and is a safe bet anytime.
    If ya'll are interested I could make you a short list of which not to mix.
    The power of Herbs - Page 2 348985
    Gwen
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post  Soaring Bird Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:26 pm

That would be helpful Gwen thank you. It will also help my taste buds from goimg into shock. Hee Hee.
    Big Hugs x The power of Herbs - Page 2 531481
    Lovinthejourney
    Lovinthejourney

Female
    Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lovinthejourney Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:48 pm

Gwen - my sister has a fungus that is spread throughout her body. What is the best herb to help rid her of this? None of the prescriptions have worked.
    KapitanPrien

Male
    Number of posts : 274
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  KapitanPrien Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Good site...

Herbs to Herbs
    gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female

Post  gwenddydd Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 pm

Gwen - my sister has a fungus that is spread throughout her body. What is the best herb to help rid her of this? None of the prescriptions have worked.
    Hi Lovin,
    First of all if your sister has seen you GP and the prescription didn't work, she should tell him immediatly. If I am not mistaken common practice should be collecting a flake of skin to see which fungus she has, and then prescribing her with the appropriate medication in the form of either pill, salve or lotion.
    I can offer some herbal remedies to ease the symptoms like itch, dry skin or redness, if I know a bit more about the symptoms she has, but I don't think I can help her get rid of it completly.(depending on what fungus it is)
    Please let me know.
    The power of Herbs - Page 2 348985

Gwen

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:10 pm