Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
innerlight
Chrysalis
Detlef
peaceandkarma
Kaere
SpiritVoices
Violet
11 posters

Refusing /rejecting spirit guides

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Refusing /rejecting spirit guides Empty Refusing /rejecting spirit guides

Post  Violet Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:20 pm

I've never heard of this happening, it's just something that popped into my head the other day so I thought i'd post it and see what you guys think, personally I think it's unlikely but there is generally an exception to every rule.

Firstly, i'm aware that not everyone knows their spirit guide, a lot of people don't know or even believe they have one.

But for those who are aware of their guides do you believe it's possible to refuse to work with them (people can and do walk away from mediumship and all spiritual work at times and in this instance I suppose they are also turning their back on their guides too,) but do you believe it's possible to just reject your guide or ask them to go away because you want a new or different one?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Refusing /rejecting spirit guides Empty Re: Refusing /rejecting spirit guides

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:46 pm

I really do not know what to reply to this question,Violet.
    I'm not even sure if I have a guide,tis a long time since I was given a name or been told by a medium that I have a guide.
    I was given a portrait of a man a while ago and it was suggested that he may be a guide.
    But personally,if I had knew I had a definate guide,I see no reason to ask him to leave.
    Joanie x

Last edited by Joanie on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:50 pm

I think our guides stay in contact with our "higher" selves at all times... and they understand that while we are here on earth being Kaere or Violet, we can get wrapped up in the human emotion of it. They will back off if we ask them to, after all it's our life to live, they're just helping. But I don't think they ever leave - one might become more active than another though, depending on the situation.
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:34 am

I think your spirit guides are going to be with you through life anyway, so they would to my understanding always be with you through think and thin. I suppose if you tell them to go away they will just step back without leaving you. Spirit guides will just let you live your life exercising your free will, and if you want to work with them thats part of your free will also.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Joanie wrote:I really do not know what to reply to this question,Violet.
    I'm not even sure if I have a guide,tis a long time since I was given a name or been told by a medium that I have a guide.
    I was given a portrait of a man a while ago and it was suggested that he may be a guide.
    But personally,if I had knew I had a definate guide,I see no reason to ask him to leave.
    Joanie x

Hi Joanie i'm quite sure you will have a guide, and even if you are not aware of him he will assist you Refusing /rejecting spirit guides 21581

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:26 pm

one might become more active than another though, depending on the situation.

Hi Kaere, yes I think different ones will step forward to help with different situations.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:27 pm

I suppose if you tell them to go away they will just step back without leaving you

I think I agree with this too.

peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:11 am

I think too much negative things happen in this world, so I know spirit guides won't intervent too much.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:06 am

Violet wrote:I've never heard of this happening, it's just something that popped into my head the other day so I thought i'd post it and see what you guys think, personally I think it's unlikely but there is generally an exception to every rule.

Firstly, i'm aware that not everyone knows their spirit guide, a lot of people don't know or even believe they have one.

But for those who are aware of their guides do you believe it's possible to refuse to work with them (people can and do walk away from mediumship and all spiritual work at times and in this instance I suppose they are also turning their back on their guides too,) but do you believe it's possible to just reject your guide or ask them to go away because you want a new or different one?

I had to chuckle at this one. It is funny, we see everything through human eye, and it is difficult to see it from a spiritual point, we as spirits.
    To anyone who would say this, I would say: reject away. And their guide would probably get a laugh out of it too. The guide is guiding spirit, not the ego.
    I remember a story, where I was cheesed off because I was not given the answer I wanted. And when I said: If you are not giving me correct answers, I will not belief anything you say. The answer was: We can compensate for that.
    Meaning, they can do anything they want, change my beliefs, my thoughts, my mood, almost anything if they need to. This agreements where made before I came into this life. All I agreed later was, I will do what I cam to do.
    Chrysalis
    Chrysalis

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Post  Chrysalis Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:51 am

"I will do what i came here to do" Yes i agree with this. Call me romantic but i believe we are all a part of the Light, the God/Spirit i like to call Love. Now i cannot believe such a God would leave any of its children to get lost in Darkness. I don't believe in various Purgatories anymore other than those we construct for ourselves here on this plane of existence, hells of Ego but those too are for a purpose.
    Psychologists state what we perceive as "Self" is just a 10% of our Psyche, the rest belongs to the Unconscious. I watch my children and my behaviour towards them and it makes sense to me we are the same with our Higher Selves, a parent - child relationship. They know what we think before we know it and can perceive every small or big lie, even those we tell ourselves lol. They speak to us using concepts we can understand and bring into our paths everything we need to aquire the preset wisdom for this incarnation. I believe we're here to take lessons and fully experience the material realm. Unfortunately some of them are not pleasant but we tend to focus on our current incarnation believing it's Spirit's obligation to keep us happy all the time. Most of our challenges may be there because of our own follies, designed to put some sense into us. If you really think about it, many people embarked on the spiritual journey after personal tragedies. A terrible event led them on a path towards the Light. If it hadn't happened they could live their whole lives without coming in communion with Spirit. Yes such experiences bring in much pain but in the long run, after numerous incarnations (i am the A and Ω) they're worth it as they put the Soul in the right path towards the Light. (God i hope there is at least some truth in my ramblings !) Refusing /rejecting spirit guides 63420
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:01 am

Meaning, they can do anything they want, change my beliefs, my thoughts, my mood, almost anything if they need to.
    Wouldn't doing those things interfere with free will?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:05 am

I don't believe in various Purgatories anymore other than those we construct for ourselves here on this plane of existence,
    I totally agree!

I believe we're here to take lessons and fully experience the material realm. Unfortunately some of them are not pleasant but we tend to focus on our current incarnation believing it's Spirit's obligation to keep us happy all the time

I've heard people say if there iks a god why does he let this or that happen, and it's true many expect spirit or god to keep them happy all the time, it is not their responsibility our happiness, it is ours.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:47 am

Violet wrote:I've never heard of this happening, it's just something that popped into my head the other day so I thought i'd post it and see what you guys think, personally I think it's unlikely but there is generally an exception to every rule.

Are you asking is it possible to not work with them or listen to them? Sure, it's possible. We can turn away from them and not listen to them. That is our choice. Does that mean they leave us? No, since they also have the choice to stay with us even if we don't want them around.

Can we not want any spirit guides at all.. I dunno, I suppose we could have the choice to do that.. But I don't think they would ever leave us because they have the choice to stay with us.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male

Post  Detlef Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:20 am

Violet wrote:
    Meaning, they can do anything they want, change my beliefs, my thoughts, my mood, almost anything if they need to.
    Wouldn't doing those things interfere with free will?

Not in my case. I made agreement before I cam to do a job, and those around me help me to do my job. We never come alone, and we and specially me always work in teams. At the point of awakening, I confirmed I will do what I cam to do. From then on everything changed. My life became very easy. My constant unhappiness went, what ever I need in this life will be there, and I know it will be. I still have to work for my money, but there always is work, and if I need more work, I simply think about needing a particular type of work, and it will come.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 am

Sounds like a good working relationshipRefusing /rejecting spirit guides 821538

Detlef
    Detlef

Male

Post  Detlef Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:39 am

It certainly is.
    OpalMoon
    OpalMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 51
    Job/hobbies : psp graphics, paranormal researching/investigating, road trips, gardening, camping, fishing, photography
    Registration date : 2012-12-04

Post  OpalMoon Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 am

I don't use spirit guides. I am not interested in them. For me personally, I prefer to rely on The Holy Spirit/Jesus/God to guide me. :bfs: :stars: This is just my personal belief. :astar:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:14 am

Many aren't OpalMoon and of course that's fine, we all have to be true to ourselves and our beliefs :flo:

Detlef
    Detlef

Male

Post  Detlef Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 am

OpalMoon wrote:
    I don't use spirit guides. I am not interested in them. For me personally, I prefer to rely on The Holy Spirit/Jesus/God to guide me. This is just my personal belief.

This will not stop your guide or guides do their job they agreed to do for you.
    OpalMoon
    OpalMoon

Female
    Job/hobbies : psp graphics, paranormal researching/investigating, road trips, gardening, camping, fishing, photography

Post  OpalMoon Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 pm

That maybe so, but I have no interest in ever communicating with one. :peace: :flo:
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male

Post  Detlef Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 pm

I am sure they don't mind.
    Whether you communicate with that what you suggested or guide, or your higher self, or divine self, it does not matter.
    We communicate, if we communicate with that part that is most appropriate at that point in time.
    If someone communicates with Satan or Lucifer, this is OK to, there is only one path, ultimately.
    Or should we say, all paths lead to the same place.
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:02 pm

I will admit that I don't know my main spirit guide. I know I have been shown e different guides but which is my main one I've know idea. As to rejecting any of them, absolutely no way would I do this. It would in my mind be an insult to them and that to me is unthinkable.

Refusing /rejecting spirit guides 348985
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:57 pm

I agree Joanie. We need our spirit guides, whether we are aware of them or not, they are there for a purpose.Refusing /rejecting spirit guides 21581
    OpalMoon
    OpalMoon

Female

Post  OpalMoon Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Since I have been gone, I am replying to things I had replied on since I was last on!

I said in previous posts that I do not believe in spirit guides. Well....I am starting to look at that differently now.  :bfs:  :astar:   I have had dreams/visions of someone guiding me and protecting me and giving me advice. I know what she looks like and her name even.   She always wears the same colors too. I am unsure if it is an Angel or spirit guide honestly. Either way, I have something besides the Holy Spirit guiding and watching over me!  :astar:  :peace:
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:35 pm

OpalMoon wrote:Since I have been gone, I am replying to things I had replied on since I was last on!

I said in previous posts that I do not believe in spirit guides. Well....I am starting to look at that differently now.  :bfs:  :astar:   I have had dreams/visions of someone guiding me and protecting me and giving me advice. I know what she looks like and her name even.   She always wears the same colors too. I am unsure if it is an Angel or spirit guide honestly. Either way, I have something besides the Holy Spirit guiding and watching over me!  :astar:  :peace:
    thats great my friend.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:19 am