Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Eating meat and dreams

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Eating meat and dreams Empty Eating meat and dreams

Post  innerlight Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:52 pm

As some of you may of known, who know me, I have been a vegetarian for the past three years. I do eat Fish on occasion. During last week I decide to change it for the Thanksgiving holiday and decide to have meat for the week. What I was not expecting was how the eating of meat would affect my dreams.

Eating meat put me into a heavier sleep. I am not saying that the sleeping was deeper, or more restful, as it was not. It was heavier for a lack of proper term. I also noticed that my dreams were not as strong as they would be normally. I also am very foggy on recalling the dreams and I don't really remember dreaming much during the past week.

I would of never thought that meat would affect such a thing.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Eating meat and dreams Empty Re: Eating meat and dreams

Post  Violet Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:31 pm

I wouldn't have thought it would eitherEating meat and dreams 229495

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Violet wrote:I wouldn't have thought it would eitherEating meat and dreams 229495

I wouldn't have either... but that is the only thing that I have changed in my lifestyle and it has made a huge impact for things in dream land for me. Perhaps its because meat is so grounding?
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:47 am

Yes... meat being grounding...I hadn't thought of it that way. I am always being told by aura readers that I am not grounded. Lately I have developed multiple food sensitivities and meat is one of the foods that I sill can eat and enjoy. I feel like eating meat more lately and yes I actually do feel more grounded and less emotional....more balanced. I don't know about dreams...I've only noticed how my waking moods have changed.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Strangely enough innerlight, I was reading an article the other day where the author mentioned she had taken the decision not to eat meat or meat products for 2 weeks. When the 2 weeks had passed, she was amazed that her over all temperament and mental faculties had drastically improved with such clarity that she chose to no longer eat meat products.

Perhaps this may be another reason why spirit tell us that eating meat should not be encouraged.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Perhaps this may be another reason why spirit tell us that eating meat should not be encouraged.

Eating meat and dreams 229495 This confuses me to be honest Skye, what spirit would say that when so many spirits have eaten meat themselves when they were here?

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:51 am

Violet wrote:

Eating meat and dreams 229495 This confuses me to be honest Skye, what spirit would say that when so many spirits have eaten meat themselves when they were here?

Just because they did it while here doesn't mean they didn't know any better.

We could also put make it a challenge for this forum.... To give up meat for two weeks and see how they respond. If they have better dream recall or if their abilities are better...

Granted this is for those that are healthy and are not mandated to eat meat.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:57 am

Violet wrote:

Violet, when i refer to posts and use the comment 'spirit tell us...' I don't mean it's from people whom we know and love; those who come to reassure us of their continued existence. I imagine most of them will be in the same mindset for a good few years. I am referring to the highly evolved spirits and enlightened guides such as Silver Birch and Red Cloud, whose teachings and words of wisdom are to benefit the human race.

They are liken to our elders imo. They have gained understanding of life as they have aged, and are willing to share their wisdom in the hope that we are spared the consequences of our actions.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:06 am

innerlight wrote:
    Violet wrote:

Just because they did it while here doesn't mean they didn't know any better.

We could also put make it a challenge for this forum.... To give up meat for two weeks and see how they respond. If they have better dream recall or if their abilities are better...

Granted this is for those that are healthy and are not mandated to eat meat.

I have often thought of giving up eating meat even though I eat little, so this would certainly be a challenge. I admit to being at a loss as to know what tastes good enough to eat. I tried several vegetarian foods years ago and threw them in the bin as I found them unpalatable and returned to my old habit.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:08 am

Hi Skye, Eating meat and dreams 821538 I realised that, and i'm not meaning to pick this apart but Native Americans such as Red Cloud and Silver Birch were hunters and ate meat and yet they still became highly evolved beings regardless.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:14 am

That could be an interesting experiment for those who want to take part or are able to take part, and i'd be interested in the results, if you want to set up that experiment Innerlight please do.Eating meat and dreams 15910

I probably won't take part because just like smoking, meat eating and all my other creature comforts, I don't think it makes a jot of difference to development but that's just my opinion, I might be proved wrong here lol!.

Skye there are some delicious vegetarian foods/recipes out there I have a vegetarian friend and she made me some food once it was very tastyEating meat and dreams 821538

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 am

Violet wrote:

I probably won't take part because just like smoking, meat eating and all my other creature comforts, I don't think it makes a jot of difference to development but that's just my opinion, I might be proved wrong here lol!.

I don't think it would change your development in the sense that you can not develop without it. What I am saying is that it clears us up some. I think we are like pipes for the most part certain things can clog and make it harder to function properly... But we still function if they are clogged.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:36 am

Yeah I see where you're coming from Innerlight, a cleansing process in effectEating meat and dreams 821538

feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:58 am

I am the opposite...eating meat acually makes me more balanced.

Look at the circle of life...little things are eaten by bigger things and bigger things are eaten by even bigger things and those even bigger things die and are eaten by little things and so on....round and round.

We might feel predators are cruel because cute little animals are on their menu...but to take out one link is to destroy the whole process.

Humans are actually predators ...we prey on animals and plants ...we eat meat and vegetable matter and always have. Herbivores eat vegetation solely...Carnivore eat meat solely...humans are omnivores.

I have argued this out with myself before...There is nothing that we eat that isn't living ...and its life is always terminated by being eaten by us...whether it is an apple or a piece of lettuce....or a chicken. To eat naturally as we were made to eat...right from caveman days...is to eat something living.

So it remains to work out...just what living energy force is the type that our body and mind interacts best with.

I think the big mistake that society makes is trying to force uniformity....each of us are on different life paths...have different genes and so ...it makes sense to also have different energy needs.

To get God involved...God created the circle of life ....including all the big things that eat little things and little things that eat big things. How could God condemn his own creation? That is the way it works....We are what we are.

In my opinion, I think humans don't need to be more spiritual....humans just need to be more balanced....and living life for spiritual evolution can make a person too spiritual leading to the neglect of life and living. That spiritual energy goes nowhere and does nothing if it is not grounded....it just huffs and puffs about being spiriitual.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Skye, Eating meat and dreams 821538 I realised that, and i'm not meaning to pick this apart but Native Americans such as Red Cloud and Silver Birch were hunters and ate meat and yet they still became highly evolved beings regardless.

Hi Violet,

I wasn't implying Red Cloud or Silver Birch didn't eat meat when they lived on the earth plane. Eternal progress is open to every human soul both here as well as in the spirit world. Eating meat won't stop a person from progressing in the world of spirit, much like any other physical traits that we each express whilst here. It's the realisation and understanding that our 'habits' - be they good or bad - no longer serve us in the way they once did, which allow us to aim towards a higher spiritual level. This progression will in time - we do have all eternity - enable us to become highly evolved beings of light.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:10 pm

skye wrote:
    Violet wrote:Hi Skye, Eating meat and dreams 821538 I realised that, and i'm not meaning to pick this apart but Native Americans such as Red Cloud and Silver Birch were hunters and ate meat and yet they still became highly evolved beings regardless.

Hi Violet,

I wasn't implying Red Cloud or Silver Birch didn't eat meat when they lived on the earth plane. Eternal progress is open to every human soul both here as well as in the spirit world. Eating meat won't stop a person from progressing in the world of spirit, much like any other physical traits that we each express whilst here. It's the realisation and understanding that our 'habits' - be they good or bad - no longer serve us in the way they once did, which allow us to aim towards a higher spiritual level. This progression will in time - we do have all eternity - enable us to become highly evolved beings of light.

Hi Skye thanks for clarifying, I was misunderstanding youEating meat and dreams 821538

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi Feather we think alike on thisEating meat and dreams 821538

Innerlight are you going to run the experiment?

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Feather we think alike on thisEating meat and dreams 821538

I have no problem if people want to perform this experiment... I would like to see the results people have. I know I am starting to feel lighter now that the meat is weening out of me. However, and its a huge however, since it involves changing ones diet to do such a thing unsupervised could be very reckless of me, and this forum to encourage.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:36 pm

innerlight wrote:
    Violet wrote:Hi Feather we think alike on thisEating meat and dreams 821538

I have no problem if people want to perform this experiment... I would like to see the results people have. I know I am starting to feel lighter now that the meat is weening out of me. However, and its a huge however, since it involves changing ones diet to do such a thing unsupervised could be very reckless of me, and this forum to encourage.

Yes you're right, there should be no drastic change to diet without medical guidance it could affect medication or anything.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Violet wrote:

Yes you're right, there should be no drastic change to diet without medical guidance it could affect medication or anything.

It could affect medicine, it could affect diabetes. It could affect every aspect of their life. I would say a small run of only a day or so, but I think that might be to short of a time frame to really notice anything.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Yeah on reflection it's really not a good ideaEating meat and dreams 821538

skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:44 pm

In my view people who eat meat - myself included - do so out of habit, and is usually formed in childhood. This habit grows into an addiction which in time becomes increasingly difficult for us to make the necessary changes when we realise what we are doing isn't right. Often we defend our actions by offering any number of excuses so we can continue on with the habit, without personally feeling guilty. In the main, we refuse to acknowledge animals have a consciousness or may be ignorant of this. Nevertheless, the making of comparisons to eating fruit and vegetables with that of eating meat, surely cannot be judged as being the same.

We are all aware that fruit and vegetables, as well as plants, do respond to the energy vibrations surrounding them. Therefore, it seems fair to assume they must be a living organism and maybe this results in them having some form of consciousness. After all, reports along with our own experience has proved we can encourage them to grow healthy or, should we neglect them they can die, either way they will respond accordingly. This does not mean these organism's have a spirit or soul, they are the result of a natural law at work. When we come to understand or observe the operation of natural laws, it is then where 'God' can be seen providing all of his creations with all they need in every circumstance throughout the world, without resorting to killing animals due to supply and demand.

Animals obviously incarnate through matter, thus they have a soul. They experience life as an individual consciousness and are able to express their personality, which can be said to be similar to humans, because of the connection with matter and spirit. However, animals do not have the level of consciousness we humans have, because their brains are not as developed as ours. Therefore it does make sense that animals should be our responsibility in ensuring their welfare and safety falls under our guardianship, rather than seeing them being slaughtered for food or for medicinal purposes.

As stated at the beginning of this post it is difficult to change a deep rooted habit. Yet, this could be useful to someone in helping them to make some changes to their diet, no matter how small a change that may be.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:25 pm

It's been about five days since I have had meat in me. I can say for a certainty that there has been a large difference in my dreaming. During last week with the meat when I would sleep it was pretty much a dark void that was void of most dream activity. The sleeping was heavy in the sense that I was bogged down during the sleeping. Dreams were very seldom and only little burst of a dream. Retention was minimal. I would really only remember that I may of sort of had a dream and that was the end of it.

Without the meat things are slowly returning to normal... I also did have soda or pop during last week and stopped that as well. I don't normally drink pop. There is nothing in pop except carbonation that would be any different as I drink tea and tea has caffeine in it.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:00 am

Thanks for the update innerlight. I'm pleased to hear you can recognise the improvement in your health/body.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Now that the meat is fully out of me I can say that my dreams have returned back to the way they were before having meat. I also know it's easier to dream as I can dream within an hour of falling asleep, have a long dream, and it only be an hour of sleep.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:12 pm