Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Eating meat and dreams

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Eating meat and dreams - Page 2 Empty Eating meat and dreams

Post  innerlight Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

As some of you may of known, who know me, I have been a vegetarian for the past three years. I do eat Fish on occasion. During last week I decide to change it for the Thanksgiving holiday and decide to have meat for the week. What I was not expecting was how the eating of meat would affect my dreams.

Eating meat put me into a heavier sleep. I am not saying that the sleeping was deeper, or more restful, as it was not. It was heavier for a lack of proper term. I also noticed that my dreams were not as strong as they would be normally. I also am very foggy on recalling the dreams and I don't really remember dreaming much during the past week.

I would of never thought that meat would affect such a thing.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Eating meat and dreams - Page 2 Empty Re: Eating meat and dreams

Post  Violet Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:57 pm

How are you in general Innerlight do you feel healthier?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Violet wrote:How are you in general Innerlight do you feel healthier?

Health in general is a tricky question as I am currently facing panic attacks for the past week but that is not because of meat. I am working to cleaning up more of my diet.

Without meat I do feel healthier in the sense that I do feel lighter. With meat there is certainly a sluggish feeling to myself. I think that is because of meat taking longer to digest.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:05 pm

I'm sorry to hear about the panic attacks they can be quite alarming, do you know what's causing them?Eating meat and dreams - Page 2 21581

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Violet wrote:I'm sorry to hear about the panic attacks they can be quite alarming, do you know what's causing them?Eating meat and dreams - Page 2 21581

Thank you. No, I do not know where they come from. It is something that is routine for me. They come out of the blue and take some time before they go away. I think they are tied into bread that I have been eating. I think my body does not like bread. Even though I was tested for gluten issues and came up normal.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:29 pm

It's funny you should say that, I find as i'm getting older I have less tolerance for bread and potatoes, I still eat them just in smaller portions it seems to bloat me and make me feel uncomfortable, perhaps it's sometghing else in the bread if the gluten was ok, the yeast for example does not agree with everyone.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Violet wrote:It's funny you should say that, I find as i'm getting older I have less tolerance for bread and potatoes, I still eat them just in smaller portions it seems to bloat me and make me feel uncomfortable, perhaps it's sometghing else in the bread if the gluten was ok, the yeast for example does not agree with everyone.

I bloat easily.. Just eating things bloats me out like crazy. :giggles: It's usually in larger amounts when the bread becomes an issue. Like gluten is in flour, which isn't as bad but eating bread can be much.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:36 am

It might be a wheat sensitivity innerlight, too....if not the gluten....tests can come back negative sometimes for gluten even when there is a problem. I have been off gluten (including wheat and anyfood that has wheat or gluten derivatives )for a while now and have found that definately for me something in these foods affect my moods. I was getting panic attacks and gut problems for a while before I thought to try food changes and there is for me a link...to how I feel mentally, psychologically and physically. Sometimes sensitivity to fructose in fruit etc can cause mood changes too. And the lactose sugar in dairy is a big one for gut problems if you have a sensitivity.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:48 pm