Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
lomax
Next
reikistar
iScorpio
Aura
SpiritVoices
Native spirit
zerdini
Karin
skye
feather
Violet
16 posters

Why do we need 'protection'?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Why do we need 'protection'? - Page 2 Empty Why do we need 'protection'?

Post  Violet Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Some mediums even very well known ones claim we don't need any protection at all as we're working in the light and with light, I don't agree but what are your thoughts, do we need protection, mediums or not do we need it for any kind of psychic/spiritual work?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Why do we need 'protection'? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do we need 'protection'?

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:15 am

Hi Skye and Feather.

I think it is probably because we become used to hearing the same voices from spirit as we may well do from meeting friends we know in our ordinary lives.

They are familiar to us. Liken it to a complete stranger who approaches us and asks 'what are you doing here?'

What would you say? Something like 'Mind your own buisness' or 'Who are you?'

Also where was the 'here' he was commenting about?

Where was I?

Skye,thanks for the advice,I will take it on board. The voice was unfamiliar to me but who knows,we meet a lot of people in our lives who do set out to be unpleasant so may at this late stage may regret their actions and once in spirit attempt to make amends. But the question which was asked didn't seem to refer to anything like that.

Anyway,bless you,Skye for helping.

Why do we need 'protection'? - Page 2 21581
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Joanie wrote:Hi Skye and Feather.

I think it is probably because we become used to hearing the same voices from spirit as we may well do from meeting friends we know in our ordinary lives.

They are familiar to us. Liken it to a complete stranger who approaches us and asks 'what are you doing here?'

What would you say? Something like 'Mind your own buisness' or 'Who are you?'

Also where was the 'here' he was commenting about?

Where was I?

Skye,thanks for the advice,I will take it on board. The voice was unfamiliar to me but who knows,we meet a lot of people in our lives who do set out to be unpleasant so may at this late stage may regret their actions and once in spirit attempt to make amends. But the question which was asked didn't seem to refer to anything like that.

Anyway,bless you,Skye for helping.

Why do we need 'protection'? - Page 2 21581

Joanie, perhaps you had an OBE - Out of Body Experience. We are said to visit the spirit world whilst we sleep. Although many of us are unaware of doing so when we wake up. Sometimes spirit show us things that we have to work through to find the answers for ourselves. Remember spirit use our minds as a frame of reference, therefore personal experiences are often used during a communication.

Feather, it's good to hear you have trust in yourself and in spirit too.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:52 pm

That makes common sense,Skye.

That particular occurence was brief but have had very lucid dreams,meeting with hubby and certain events happening which I could not have known about.

Cheers.
    Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Post  Aura Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:59 pm

my intention is pure and good. i work for the highest. i trust solely that my guide makes sure only those of high vibration come through, but i always say a prayer. always have and always will. becos that is my way and works for me. each to their own :-) x
    iScorpio
    iScorpio

Male
    Number of posts : 77
    Job/hobbies : Student; Psychic Sensitive, & Medium- Clairvoyant, Clairaudient, and Clairsentient.
    Registration date : 2012-02-27

Why do we need 'protection'? - Page 2 Empty RE: Why do we need 'protection'?

Post  iScorpio Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:53 am

I believe in evil entities and the demonic. So you never know what could disguise as something good. Also, you never know what's out there to drain your psyche.
    Aura

Female

Post  Aura Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 pm

my asking for protection is my way. i sit in a cabinet for physical mediumship and trance. i give over use of my body and so i have no control over what enters me. for that i have total faith in my guide who stands behind me before i start to drop off. i ask for only those of the highest energies to be allowed thro. i always say a prayer and i trust my guide and spirit team. as i am not using mental mediumship, once i let go and start to go under, i have no control. it is then down to my prayer of protection and most important my guide and spirit team. but if you asked me would i still sit and trust my team without a prayer, i would say absolutely 100% i trust them to guide the doorway, but i still like to say my prayer. then my guide allows who comes into me to talk. i am not aware at the end of what has been said or who has come through. so for me sitting for physical, protection is so much more important. in the state i go into, i am not in a position to drive anything out. if it were mental mediumship, i could shut down but once im in trance our under i have given over to my spirit team to keep me safe and guard the doorway there, and also the sitters on this side to act safely. i am still in development stage so the sitters here are fine. as for the doorway over there, i trust my guide completely. he is a force to be reckoned with...lol. but yes, we still say a prayer of intent asking for those of higher energies to come close and for protection. Blessings x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Protection and total trust in your helpers would be extremely important in such circumstances.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Aura

Female

Post  Aura Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:15 am

depends on my level of how out i am. i know certain people and know as they enter behind my neck so in the split second before i feel and know 'oh its.....'. then unknown spirits i know its unknown as they are just about to enter, i am very kinda drugged state and i know its unknown and they enter. this i allow becos i know my guide is behind me and is guarding who he allows in so i trust and they enter, even unknown spirits. becos i know they are safe for my guide to allow them thro. so in my case, gosh, if it went wrong, it could be really bad. but it will never go wrong becos my guide is very strong and evolved and i trust him completely so i allow any spirit he puts thro to e nter me. i trust i have a very strong guide and strong team and i leave my safety and life with them. they guard that doorway. Blessings xx
    reikistar
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Post  reikistar Fri May 15, 2015 7:30 pm

I have only ever used spiritual protection on one occasion and that night I had a terrible experience. Since then I've never used it and been fine.

I believe that using protection told my subconscious that I needed protecting against something and as a result I attracted that experience. 

I respect that many people feel the need to use protection. I have a very psychic friend who is training to be a medium and she uses it, but I know she has frightening dreams/OBE's that she feels calls for it. I can't say whether her use of protection is triggering the experiences or the other way around. Maybe in deep mediumship work it's important to use it. 

I like to ground myself when I remember to do it because I have a tendency to float around in my thoughts otherwise.

Reikistar
    Next

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2017-01-24

Post  Next Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:56 pm

Depends on the person. IMO this can be predicted by MBTI personality type. Example: I'm INFJ, I am a full-time Kundalini mystic and negative energy is merely an interesting snack for me because my dominant function is introverted intuition. You could say I am immune to any negative effects. Take the type opposite to me, ESTP. Their inferior function is introverted intuition, so they will struggle with the dangers of spiritual experience.
    lomax
    lomax

Male
    Number of posts : 75
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

Post  lomax Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:38 pm

Violet wrote:Some mediums even very well known ones claim we don't need any protection at all as we're working in the light and with light, I don't agree but what are your thoughts, do we need protection, mediums or not do we need it for any kind of psychic/spiritual work?
    Good topic.For me,mediums are the most vulnerable ones,cause they act as 'bridges' for the inner realms.Most of psychics have layers missing on them in order to be in constant contact with the spiritual world,and i'm not sure if it's healthy enough.
    Imo the more 'open' you become,the more you impacted...

I guess it's about who you are,and how plugged you are.If you're completely open to everything (mediumship),then you need something more than protection.
    Rah nam
    Rah nam

Male
    Number of posts : 43
    Job/hobbies : non
    Registration date : 2018-07-27

Post  Rah nam Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:20 pm

I still ask for protection, from anything that is not of unconditional love.
    This would include entities from the fourth density, well meaning or not.
    I have been interfered with by non physical entities as well of incarnated ones.

Ciona and lomax like this post

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:03 am

It's interesting how the main body of this thread consists of detailed discussions from almost 9 years ago and predominantly concerning mediumship.

I don't think many current members are mediums so any new contributions to this ancient thread are likely to approach the topic with a different slant. They might provide an interesting comparison.

lomax likes this post

lomax
    lomax

Male
    Number of posts : 75

Post  lomax Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:37 am

mac wrote:It's interesting how the main body of this thread consists of detailed discussions from almost 9 years ago and predominantly concerning mediumship.  

I don't think many current members are mediums so any new contributions to this ancient thread are likely to approach the topic with a different slant. They might provide an interesting comparison.
    What's your definition of mediumship?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:52 am

lomax wrote:
    mac wrote:It's interesting how the main body of this thread consists of detailed discussions from almost 9 years ago and predominantly concerning mediumship.  

What's your definition of mediumship?

Oh mine is a simple definition but I'm not in this conversation - yet.
    Elfin

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2020-10-16

Post  Elfin Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:50 am

...I think it's nice to bring some of the threads back to life. And as Bobjob said, not many of us are mediums , that are commenting, but I also agree with Lomax, I too would imagine that mediums may need to ask for protection. I ask for protection occasionally, but not because I'm a medium.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:00 am

Elfin wrote:...I think it's nice to bring some of the threads back to life. And as Bobjob said, not many of us are mediums , that are commenting, but I also agree with Lomax, I too would imagine that mediums may need to ask for protection. I ask for protection occasionally, but not because I'm a medium.

The postings from the time are by mediums and they agree there is generally no need.  It's my position too - protection from what/whom by whom?  Member 'skye' (still around) said in those distant years: "My thoughts are, if we feel we must put protection in place before working then we have a problem We either do not know ourselves, or trust ourselves enough, and perhaps we should consider learning more before continuing any further. Asking why you feel the need to protect should reveal the answer."

My approach is that if someone is going somewhere they feel they need protection, should they even be considering going there?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:06 am

lomax wrote:
    Violet wrote:Some mediums even very well known ones claim we don't need any protection at all as we're workin.............sure if it's healthy enough.
    Imo the more 'open' you become,the more you impacted...

I guess it's about who you are,and how plugged you are. If you're completely open to everything (mediumship),then you need something more than protection.

A competent medium isn't (quote) "open to everything".  A vital part of mediumship is being in charge of oneself.  If someone is open in such a way then there's something needing attention.

Psychics and sensitives are a different consideration.  
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:36 am

mac wrote:
    Elfin wrote:...I think it's nice to bring some of the threads back to life. And as Bobjob said, not many of us are mediums , that are commenting, but I also agree with Lomax, I too would imagine that mediums may need to ask for protection. I ask for protection occasionally, but not because I'm a medium.

The postings from the time are by mediums and they agree there is generally no need.  It's my position too - protection from what/whom by whom?  Member 'skye' (still around) said in those distant years: "My thoughts are, if we feel we must put protection in place before working then we have a problem We either do not know ourselves, or trust ourselves enough, and perhaps we should consider learning more before continuing any further. Asking why you feel the need to protect should reveal the answer."

My approach is that if someone is going somewhere they feel they need protection, should they even be considering going there?
    ...... Hi... And I wouldn't know, but would assume that they deal with so many spirits that they need some protection from being overwhelmed, or a way to "close" off when they can from spirit. I don't even know what I'm talking about, as you can tell !!!!..... The "protection " I talk about that I ask for, is purely because of a bad experience that left a fear within me. I always ask for protection when travelling as a passenger in a car after 3 family members died in a car crash, which is a completely different matter to topic. But that's the only time I ask for any.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:26 am

Elfin wrote:
    mac wrote:

The postings from the time are by mediums and they agree there is g...........ect should reveal the answer."[/i]

...... Hi... And I wouldn't know, but would assume that they deal with so many spirits that they need some protection from being overwhelmed, or a way to "close" off when they can from spirit. I don't even know what I'm talking about, as you can tell !!!!.....
    My question was rhetorical. :wink:   Folk shouldn't be getting involved with discarnates if they don't understand.  It's little different from messing with electricity if you don't know what you're doing.
    You're right that mediums should know how to 'close down' after 'opening up' - that's fundamental yet I hear mediums saying they never close down. Whadya do?  It has great relevance for me because I was severely rebuked by my teacher for not attending one night when the technique was demonstrated because I later had to show someone how to protect himself and had to ask that teacher for help about how to do it.  That's 30 years ago but the lesson has stuck - learn to close down.

The "protection " I talk about that I ask for, is purely because of a bad experience that left a fear within me. I always ask for protection when travelling as a passenger in a car after 3 family members died in a car crash, which is a completely different matter to topic. But that's the only time I ask for any.
    That was a trauma for you.
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:41 am

mac wrote:
    Elfin wrote:
    ...... Hi... And I wouldn't know, but would assume that they deal with so many spirits that they need some protection from being overwhelmed, or a way to "close" off when they can from spirit. I don't even know what I'm talking about, as you can tell !!!!.....
    My question was rhetorical. :wink:   Folk shouldn't be getting involved with discarnates if they don't understand.  It's little different from messing with electricity if you don't know what you're doing.
    You're right that mediums should know how to 'close down' after 'opening up' - that's fundamental yet I hear mediums saying they never close down. Whadya do?  It has great relevance for me because I was severely rebuked by my teacher for not attending one night when the technique was demonstrated because I later had to show someone how to protect himself and had to ask that teacher for help about how to do it.  That's 30 years ago but the lesson has stuck - learn to close down.

The "protection " I talk about that I ask for, is purely because of a bad experience that left a fear within me. I always ask for protection when travelling as a passenger in a car after 3 family members died in a car crash, which is a completely different matter to topic. But that's the only time I ask for any.
    That was a trauma for you.
    ....... Dear Mac.... I don't know what that big word means .... The one beggining with "r" .... But never mind.... I'm getting the "gist".... Trouble with me is I stumble my way through life knowing "nothing" ... But in a very strange twist of fate.... " Knowing everything " ....LOL.... And I have this thing that I abide by .... A saying... "" Oblivion is bliss "".....But despite all of that, i must have been here before, or I would really know nothing... Instead of knowing everything when I am clueless ...... !!!..... Can you work me out??? .... Can anyone???....... Answers on a postcard, cos im at a loss what to think !!!....
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female
    Number of posts : 265

Post  RainbowLight Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:50 am

When I first started out on my spiritual path I was told by a reader/healer that I need to shield myself as my aura was wide open. I was like a light in the dark, attracting all kinds of unpleasant things. 
    I did learn to do this and it was great. I feel it's very important to be and grounded and shielded.

However, what I did at first was external grounding, for instance roses around me. And when I did a ritual I drew a circle around me and worked with pentagrams, etc.
    Then someone much wiser and further said you don't need external shielding at all, it comes from the inside out. 
    I couldn't relate to that at all. Until I myself was much further. It happened by itself actually. 

So the way I see it... when you have grown enough your protection will come from the inside out. This means you need to have your inner strength in place, healthy self-esteem etc etc. 
    When you're not there yet you best use external protection. 
    When you're having an off day or are ill, stressed and so on, use external protection as you won't be able to generate it from the inside.

Protection from what, someone asked. Negative energies around you, like whinging people, angry, stressed, scared, unpleasant people, etc. And right now from the enormous cloud of fear and negativity that's all over the planet. 
    Protection has usually not much to do with entities, but all with keeping other low energies out that in general are created by other people.

Some may  need more protection. There are people that pick up on energies from people they don't even know and have never seen. Diana Cooper calls these people clairsentient. This includes a car accident some miles from your place, or what I have regularly: diver(s) drowning in the diving centre half a km from me. An airplane disaster, feeling the shock and pain of all these souls... 
    Not everyone feels these things, I suppose cos not everyone is clairsentient.

Whoops, gotta go. This is basically my two cents
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi Rainbow.... And yes... The world has gone mad , frustration and mental health is paramount, and me, being Hsp/ Empath is feeling and taking on board the frustration and hopeless of all around me. Even on a forum, a piece of machinery, I feel it, and it affects me deeply. I personally do not protect myself from this, being Empath... Because I firmly believe I was born Empath for a reason... And to try to shy away from it, is to disclaim it. I love being whom I am, even though the first several decades of my life were very very hard....
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:09 pm

This thread "Why do we need protection"? began 7 years back, nearly 8, under the forum heading 'Cleansing, Grounding & Protection' and developed into a conversation between mediums.  

Mediumship doesn't really involve cleansing and grounding and as we've seen, shouldn't need protection.  Others may find all of those issues relevant to their own specialism, of course.  
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:09 pm

I am a Medium whenever i connect to spirit i do it through my Guides. they provide the protection if any is needed.
     I know a Paranormal investigator or so he calls himself. he also says he is a Medium also.
     I very much doubt he is any of them.
     He uses a different tools  all the gizmos you need,
     he had a programme he filmed in three different Locations with his partner and a few friends,

Well i laughed all the way through it. he contacted a cruel man in one place he didnt use protection just went straight into it he said Look  he scratched me. 
     Now i know my eyes arent as good as they used to be but i couldnt see  anything.
     He said i have a lady who wants to connect with us.
     There was me waiting to see who it was it was his partners grandmother  she passed not long ago.
      He then said i will smudge the home to get rid of Negativity he didnt even know how to smudge proplerly.
       According to him he always uses protection before doing these things.
     i did not see one

Namaste

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:03 pm