Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
lomax
Next
reikistar
iScorpio
Aura
SpiritVoices
Native spirit
zerdini
Karin
skye
feather
Violet
16 posters

Why do we need 'protection'?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Why do we need 'protection'? - Page 3 Empty Why do we need 'protection'?

Post  Violet Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Some mediums even very well known ones claim we don't need any protection at all as we're working in the light and with light, I don't agree but what are your thoughts, do we need protection, mediums or not do we need it for any kind of psychic/spiritual work?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    lomax
    lomax

Male
    Number of posts : 75
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

Why do we need 'protection'? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do we need 'protection'?

Post  lomax Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:18 pm

mac wrote:

A competent medium isn't (quote) "open to everything".  A vital part of mediumship is being in charge of oneself.  If someone is open in such a way then there's something needing attention.

Psychics and sensitives are a different consideration.  
    This is only your opinion.I'm not talking about choosing when to use mediumship.I was talking about people who are mediums.
    Plenty of people can reach for the spiritual world and have successful contacts.That doesn't make them mediums.
    And i doubt as well for some people who claim to be mediums.
    lomax
    lomax

Male

Post  lomax Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:38 pm

Imo,filtering is what a medium really needs.I see protection as something the blocks-limits.If you protect your self,then you're not a medium.(for me)

Natural empaths cannot stop themselves by picking the energies of others.It's just who they are.And there's not and on & off switch for that.Maybe some tips that can help temporarily,but thats all.Sooner or later they allways return to their natural state.(either they like it or not).

My point is,being a medium is one thing,and having moments of mediumship is another one.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:29 pm

At the risk of sounding like a scratchy, old LP record, what some practitioners mean by 'mediumship' is very different from what I learned as mediumship. It doesn't make others wrong but it does show one needs to be mindful of what's different.
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female
    Number of posts : 265

Post  RainbowLight Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:53 pm

Native spirit wrote:I am a Medium whenever i connect to spirit i do it through my Guides. they provide the protection if any is needed.
     I know a Paranormal investigator or so he calls himself. he also says he is a Medium also.
     I very much doubt he is any of them.
     He uses a different tools  all the gizmos you need,
     he had a programme he filmed in three different Locations with his partner and a few friends,
     Namaste
    I am also very much protected by Spirit, (arch) angels, and so on. I began to notice this more and more a few years ago.
    But that doesn't include stress and frustration from myself or other people, hihi. It's for protection against the more intense cr@p that could harm me. 
    The rest I gotta (learn to) deal with myself. 

But it can also be my own energy system that reacts to keep something -or usually someone- out. 
    Funny example: I gave a workshop and allowed one of the attendees to feel my aura, which was part of the workshop. He stood behind me but way too close. But I let him. Then suddenly he was pushed back, haha.
    He was shocked, almost offended. He'd felt a bulge that pushed him away, which was the energy of my aura deciding that clearly it was not okay for him to come that close. I had done nothing, not even decided or thought "I don't want this!"
    It just happened. 
    I've had more things happen where my system says "no" and protects me.
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Post  RainbowLight Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:58 pm

Oh, as for the mediums... I always find that a very vague term btw...
    I guess it depends on what they do. I have known a few people who dealt with the real heavy stuff: house cleansing, aka exorcist.
    These people all get ill in the end. There's one living across the street from me. She looks totally burnt out, if you see her. I haven't seen her for about 4 years. At all. Last I heard she was very ill...
    She once said that is heavy intense work and you often end up taking something home with you so then you gotta work on that too. 
    All these people I know of who did this did claim they were guided and had angels and guides to help them. 

There's one other I know, and i don't think he does house cleansings a lot but not sure. But he dang well had protection. He also had a natural high vibration. 

Personally I do think they need protection, unless they've come so far that their energy remains high non-stop so nothing affects them. Then your own light & strength protect you.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:07 pm

At the risk of sounding like a scratchy, old LP record, what some practitioners mean by 'a medium' is very different from what I know as a medium.  There's nothing vague about the word but there is much confusion about it.

It doesn't mean others are necessarily wrong when they refer to someone being a medium but one needs to be mindful folk may use the same word to refer to individuals who do things that are very different.

And as I said earlier, 'cleansing, grounding and protection' may be desirable when doing things other practitioners do.  I don't know because they're not my field of interest or knowledge.

lomax likes this post

RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Post  RainbowLight Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:11 pm

mac wrote:At the risk of sounding like a scratchy, old LP record, what some practitioners mean by 'a medium' is very different from what I know as a medium.  There's nothing vague about the word but there is much confusion about it.

It doesn't mean others are necessarily wrong when they refer to someone being a medium but one needs to be mindful folk may use the same word to refer to individuals who do things that are very different.

And as I said earlier, 'cleansing, grounding and protection' may be desirable when doing things other practitioners do.  I don't know because they're not my field of interest or knowledge.

May I suggest you stop repeating yourself... Then you automatically stop sounding like a scratchy, old LP record. 
    :astar:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:45 pm

RainbowLight wrote:
    mac wrote:At the risk of sounding like a scratchy, old LP record, what some practitioners mean by 'a medium' is very different from what I know as a medium.  There's nothing vague about the word but there is much confusion about it.

May I suggest you stop repeating yourself... Then you automatically stop sounding like a scratchy, old LP record. 
    :astar:

Yes you may suggest that but this time it was actually a different record although the message continued to reinforce points I made earlier and added new ones.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:44 am

Mediums don't need to ask for protection because they aren't fearful about opening up and connecting with discarnate beings. Well, the ones I know aren't afraid.

Many people tend to listen to others who have little knowledge and understanding of how energy works, and how the world of spirit works and, they never consider the spiritual or universal laws that are in constant operation. If it were not for these laws, then the whole of the universe would be in chaos.

Some people believe the Hollywood version of spirits to the realities of the spirit world. Some people listen to others who themselves are fearful of things happening and then spread their fear on to others, enabling the circle of fear to grow. For example, by saying things such as "Not all spirits are good, you must protect yourself. You will be hurt if you don't protect yourself and surround yourself in white light. The so-called evil ones will get you" and so on, and so on.

Fear is man-made and is in the mind of an individual.  Most people are fearful about what may happen to them when the reality is things won't happen in the way they think they will.  Nonetheless, a large proportion of the human race is eager to dismiss logical thinking to one of fear. Once a person understands that no one spirit can hurt or harm you the need to ask for protection will come to an end.
    If somebody feels the need to ask for protection, that is the need within that person, and there's nothing wrong with asking. However, it doesn't mean everyone should ask for protection because not all have that need.

Afterall no medium would ever put themselves in a situation that would cause them harm or harm to their families, makes no sense whatsoever for anyone to do that.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:57 am

mac wrote:A competent medium isn't (quote) "open to everything".  A vital part of mediumship is being in charge of oneself.  If someone is open in such a way then there's something needing attention.  Psychics and sensitives are a different consideration.
    lomax wrote: This is only your opinion.
    It may well be my opinion but it's based on what I observe and what I've learned.
    I'm not talking about choosing when to use mediumship.I was talking about people who are mediums.
    This is just a re-hash of my words.
    Plenty of people can reach for the spiritual world and have successful contacts.That doesn't make them mediums.
    And that's why I mentioned psychics and sensitives.
     And i doubt as well for some people who claim to be mediums.
    You mean you think some people claiming to be mediums actually are not mediums?  Isn't that what I was saying?

lomax likes this post

mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:33 am

It seems there's a great appetite for re-visiting conversations we regulars held many years ago.  In that vein I'll re-open a discussion topic I've often written about - what is a medium?  I don't want to hear about what individuals do personally - I want to hear what members think mediums in general do.  If we stick to mediums then anyone doing something different will be in a different category.

Here's my starter: A medium is a facilitator of communication from the world of the spirit that's intended to benefit others.  Examples are:

messages or other evidence to demonstrate the survival of 'dead' loved ones

teaching intended to improve  humankind's understanding. (not teaching meant only for the medium)  

Healing help for the sick.
    lomax
    lomax

Male

Post  lomax Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:58 am

mac wrote:It seems there's a great appetite for re-visiting conversations we regulars held many years ago.  In that vein I'll re-open a discussion topic I've often written about - what is a medium?  I don't want to hear about what individuals do personally - I want to hear what members think mediums in general do.  If we stick to mediums then anyone doing something different will be in a different category.

Here's my starter: A medium is a facilitator of communication from the world of the spirit that's intended to benefit others.  Examples are:

teaching intended to improve  humankind's understanding. (not teaching meant only for the medium)  

A medium is................
    According to whom?If this is your opinion,know that it's well respected,but that doesn't mean that your definition is a rule.
    Have you ever let your self to be the medium-conduct of a being?Do you know that everytime you 'call' on something,the energetic impact takes place on a cellular level?
    Also the dead ones,are carriers of death energies.Have you ever seen people who deal with necromancy how they look like?
    Sorry,but for me you're speaking of things you have no direct experience.
    Reading about Paris isn't the same as being in Paris.
    lomax
    lomax

Male

Post  lomax Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:14 am

And for the record,very few mediums are capable to reach for those who departed.And even in that case,they have to be familiar with astral travelling.
    This is the only way to travel to their realm and come back with some solid and legit answers.

As from healing for the sick,this is power mediation from point A to point B.
    The medium acts as a conduct-bridge of the healing power.
    If you ask a being-higher force to do the work (go to the sick person and heal him),it's not mediumship.It's manipulation-magic.(or anything else except mediumship).
    Rah nam
    Rah nam

Male
    Number of posts : 43
    Job/hobbies : non
    Registration date : 2018-07-27

Post  Rah nam Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:05 am

mac wrote:It seems there's a great appetite for re-visiting conversations we regulars held many years ago.  In that vein I'll re-open a discussion topic I've often written about - what is a medium?  I don't want to hear about what individuals do personally - I want to hear what members think mediums in general do.  If we stick to mediums then anyone doing something different will be in a different category.

And I might add, a medium connects with entities of his or her own vibration or lower.
    If s/he attempts to connect with entities or beings of a higher vibration, she needs to raise the vibration and the entity or being of higher vibration needs to lower their vibration in order to connect, and this I would call channeling.
    Rah nam
    Rah nam

Male
    Number of posts : 43
    Job/hobbies : non
    Registration date : 2018-07-27

Post  Rah nam Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:18 am

lomax wrote:And for the record,very few mediums are capable to reach for those who departed.And even in that case,they have to be familiar with astral travelling.
    This is the only way to travel to their realm and come back with some solid and legit answers.

If you ask a being-higher force to do the work (go to the sick person and heal him),it's not mediumship.It's manipulation-magic.(or anything else except mediumship).
    I definitely disagree with your last like.
    It is not as simple as it is said. Many entities and/or beings have to agree it is an appropriate action to take.
    But it is possible.
    lomax
    lomax

Male

Post  lomax Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:17 pm

Rah nam wrote:
    lomax wrote:And for the record,very few mediums are capable to reach for those who departed.And even in that case,they have to be familiar with astral travelling.

I definitely disagree with your last like.
    It is not as simple as it is said. Many entities and/or beings have to agree it is an appropriate action to take.
    But it is possible.

Someone did that to me with Michael's energies.First he invoked the angel,and then he directed the current to me.It wasn't exactly a ''go to lomax''.More like energy work,with the source as Michael,the magician as the medium,and me as the target point.
    But i agree with what you wrote above.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:16 pm

mac wrote:   It seems there's a great appetite for re-visiting conversations we regulars held many years ago.  In that vein I'll re-open a discussion topic I've often written about - what is a medium?  I don't want to hear abo.............d's understanding. (not teaching meant only for the medium)  

lomax wrote:    According to whom?If this is your opinion,know that it's well respected,but that doesn't mean that your definition is a rule.  
    According to whom?  According to me!  Wasn't that clear when I wrote "Here''s my starter."? But not for an instant did I suggest there's a rule and you're misrepresenting what I wrote. I was clear when I said "I want to hear what members think mediums in general do.  If we stick to mediums then anyone doing something different will be in a different category."  I'm now having to repeat myself.

Have you ever let your self to be the medium-conduct of a being?Do you know that everytime you 'call' on something,the energetic impact takes place on a cellular level?
       Also the dead ones,are carriers of death energies.Have you ever seen people who deal with necromancy how they look like?  Sorry,but for me you're speaking of things you have no direct experience.  Reading about Paris isn't the same as being in Paris.  
    Sorry but what's all that got to do with telling us what you think a medium is or does? In all your words you've still not told us, apparently preferring just to have a pop at me.
    lomax
    lomax

Male

Post  lomax Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:05 pm

mac wrote:
    mac wrote:   It seems there's a great appetite for re-visiting conversations we regulars held many years ago.  In that vein I'll re-open a discussion topic I've often written about - what is a medium?  I don't want to hear abo.............d's understanding. (not teaching meant only for the medium)  

lomax wrote:    According to whom?If this is your opinion,know that it's well respected,but that doesn't mean that your definition is a rule.  
    According to whom?  According to me!  Wasn't that clear when I wrote "Here''s my starter."? But not for an instant did I suggest there's a rule and you're misrepresenting what I wrote. I was clear when I said "I want to hear what members think mediums in general do.  If we stick to mediums then anyone doing something different will be in a different category."  I'm now having to repeat myself.

Also the dead ones,are carriers of death energies.Have you ever seen people who deal with necromancy how they look like?  Sorry,but for me you're speaking of things you have no direct experience.  Reading about Paris isn't the same as being in Paris.  
    Sorry but what's all that got to do with telling us what you think a medium is or does?  In all your words you've still not told us, apparently preferring just to have a pop at me.
    I think i posted my opinion allready.
    Anyway.I give up.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:17 pm

noted

lomax likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:19 am