Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

How many card spread do you do?

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

How many card spread do you do?  Empty How many card spread do you do?

Post  innerlight Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:45 pm

When you are doing readings for yourself, or for others, how many cards do you use?

Most of my readings I usually just use a three card reading. Past, Present, Future. But I wonder how limited that can be in being accurate for the person to really offer them advice. But then you have the possibility that too many cards can lose a message in it. Perhaps balance?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

How many card spread do you do?  Empty Re: How many card spread do you do?

Post  Violet Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi Innerlight I think it depends firstly on your mood at the time but also what works best for you overall, I do 3 card, 7card and 13 card readings when using tarot oracle and yet with playing cards I use the whole deck (less the cards under 5) but I keep the aces in that's a different type of reading altogether though

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Innerlight I think it depends firstly on your mood at the time but also what works best for you overall, I do 3 card, 7card and 13 card readings when using tarot oracle and yet with playing cards I use the whole deck (less the cards under 5) but I keep the aces in that's a different type of reading altogether though

13 card reading.. WOW! That's a lot of cards. Now when you work with that many cards do you bridge them together with each other, or do you work with them as separate cards?

What would a 13 card reading entail?
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:59 pm

I use three cards but I don't specify past, present, future. It never works for me. The reading comes out as a story of some type, and a six month time period seems to be what comes through.

I tried to do a celtic cross spread and it was just soooo confusing to follow in the way I read them. I haven't even tried one like that in a long time.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:05 am

Kaere wrote:I use three cards but I don't specify past, present, future. It never works for me. The reading comes out as a story of some type, and a six month time period seems to be what comes through.

I tried to do a celtic cross spread and it was just soooo confusing to follow in the way I read them. I haven't even tried one like that in a long time.

I don't do my readings in a specific time period of what may happen.. More of something you have already been through, what you are working on currently, or within the past few months, and what you are working on now and into the future.

Future is in motion so much it's hard to pinpoint things exactly so you then end up with readers feeling like your reading was wrong, and feeling disappointed. Plus it is good when you can touch on now with them instead of something that may happen.
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:29 am

Kaere wrote:I use three cards but I don't specify past, present, future. It never works for me. The reading comes out as a story of some type, and a six month time period seems to be what comes through.

This is what my mother does; 3 card spread, and then she just interprets the cards and uses her intuition from there.

My mother is so good with those cards. I wish I inherited that ability! It came naturally to her from the very beginning.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 am

Same here no matter the number of cards it's a story unfolding if it doesn't come to a neat 'end' I draw more i never put cards in 'positions' just deck them out in a line.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 am

Beware_of_Italics wrote:
    This is what my mother does; 3 card spread, and then she just interprets the cards and uses her intuition from there.

My mother is so good with those cards. I wish I inherited that ability! It came naturally to her from the very beginning.

It just takes practice... I had no idea I could read the cards.. Still don't think I can. But everyone keeps proving me wrong that I can. How many card spread do you do?  350287

Though for me the cards don't really mean much to me. I look at the card, and then see what the card means, and then go from there. Sometimes I just let my intuition rewrite what the card means, or just let my intuition connect the cards. That has been what I have been doing this time with my readings. I write out what the cards mean by their own book, but then let my intuition guide me in what I feel the cards mean.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:41 am

Try without the book Innerlight look at the cards read the story in those images then let your words flow for each card

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:47 am

Violet wrote:Try without the book Innerlight look at the cards read the story in those images then let your words flow for each card

This deck uses fractal art, which is abstract in appearance. So it's kind of hard to really paint a picture with the pictures on the cards. The only problem with defining a picture on a card is that you end up with that same definition. Which I feel then you are starting to end up with a generic reading that is not personal to the person you are reading for.

I'm hungry... Which may or may not have anything to do with cards and spreads.. of course spreads sounds like jams and jellies which is a food.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:19 am

The only problem with defining a picture on a card is that you end up with that same definition

It's better to use cards with excellent imagery that you feel drawn to and can look at and feel good when looking at them time and time again, the pictures should be evocotive and beautiful and really touch you.

I have the rider waite deck and you're right they can get a bit 'samey' but those images don't appeal to me at a deeper level, other cards I have I could lose myself in for hours these look different everytime I see them, it could be I see something tiny I hadn't noticed before but in that particular reading it could be crucially important.

With a good deck the images will tell several stories, limitless sometimes as there is always something new to see or feel from a card.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:12 pm