Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Light sleepers and heavy sleepers

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Light sleepers and heavy sleepers Empty Light sleepers and heavy sleepers

Post  Violet Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 am

Which are you?

Why do some sleep like the dead and others will wake at the slightest noise?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Light sleepers and heavy sleepers Empty Re: Light sleepers and heavy sleepers

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:24 pm

An interesting topic,Violet! Light sleepers and heavy sleepers 809779

I awake at the slightest noice.

Light sleepers and heavy sleepers 217567

Joanie
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:26 pm

I think the difference in sleepers varies in the state upon them falling asleep. Whether or not they can get into deep sleep. Some individuals are unable to get into a deep sleep and are barely in a sleep state so they probably wake easy. They probably hardly ever recall dreams either. Some probably are so tired that the moment they hit the bed they are out until they wake up. Whether that is a couple hours or just two hours.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:39 am

I think it is probably something to do with life conditions at the time or maybe learned conditioning. If a person needs to stay aware for any reason...they will learn to be a light sleeper (eg. a mother who has got into the habit of needing to listen for the baby crying can be awake at the slightest noise.... or a person who has to wake early in the morning sometimes sleeps lightly in case he oversleeps ...if I have to wake early...I seem to be waking up and sleeping lighty all night....probably the fault of restlessness brought on by a type of stress...and need not to be late)

When I feel happy and relaxed..I sleep much better.

We used to generate our own power here not so long ago...(now we have mains power). The generator is very noisy and we used to run the power gen-set 24 hours a day. You could hear the generator noise all the time and it got so that the only time I noticed it was when it stopped.

At night, if the generator stopped....My husband and I would be instantly awake. It wasn't the noise that woke us up but the onset of the silence. Also that meant that by torch light someone would have to go investigate.Light sleepers and heavy sleepers 456793388
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:49 am

feather wrote:I think it is probably something to do with life conditions at the time or maybe learned conditioning. If a person needs to stay aware for any reason...they will learn to be a light sleeper (eg. a mother who has got into the habit of needing to listen for the baby crying can be awake at the slightest noise.... or a person who has to wake early in the morning sometimes sleeps lightly in case he oversleeps ...if I have to wake early...I seem to be waking up and sleeping lighty all night....probably the fault of restlessness brought on by a type of stress...and need not to be late)

When I feel happy and relaxed..I sleep much better.

We used to generate our own power here not so long ago...(now we have mains power). The generator is very noisy and we used to run the power gen-set 24 hours a day. You could hear the generator noise all the time and it got so that the only time I noticed it was when it stopped.

At night, if the generator stopped....My husband and I would be instantly awake. It wasn't the noise that woke us up but the onset of the silence. Also that meant that by torch light someone would have to go investigate.Light sleepers and heavy sleepers 456793388

Sure, that also happens as well. Most that end up in the pattern of not sleeping this way or that have probably conditioned themselves to sleep that way. Such as parents being light sleepers when they start out as parents, till that becomes habitual. There is also those that have had emergencies happen at night while sleeping they end up with that reminder in them that if they sleep to late or too heavy they may miss an emergency so they end up staying in a light state of sleep. Some will even go as far as making sure the phone is always near them, or their bedroom door is always open, just in case.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:48 am