Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
SpiritVoices
Auras
6 posters

Still can not meditate

Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Still can not meditate Empty Still can not meditate

Post  Auras Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:03 pm

I want to meditate, but when i try, i end up not getting into a meditative state, so i get angry, i feel lost, hopeless,pathetic, idiot, stupid, i really want to get into a meditative state so i can start my spiritual jouney. i hate my life. i wish i was like you guys.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Still can not meditate Empty Re: Still can not meditate

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Auras,when you feel sleepy at night when you climb into bed,do you ever hear voices?
    Like spirit coming through to you?

Or very clear dreams?
    Do you see anyone in those dreams that has passed from this earth?
    Some of us sometimes are not very good at meditating except when we relax on entering sleep.
    But we need to be between that level,between sleep and wakefulness,that is how meditation works.
    The relaxation of the mind.

Joanie :hugz:
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:38 pm

No, i dont here voices.
    joanie im trying but am getting know where.

Auras.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 pm

You need to quit trying so hard. Maybe you need to try a different meditation?
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Iv tried so many meditations an they dont work for me.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:45 pm

what do you think meditation is about?
    i think you wish for something that maybe has nothing to do with meditation.

like many other things in life real meditation takes practice, and you have to keep up with it, result will not come after your first sit.

now meditation is all about relaxing your mind and body, sitting in quiet, and nothing more.
    voices, images and messages - has nothing to do with meditation, look into guided imagination, or guided meditation when you are actively thinking into a story and feel the gaps. many call this meditation and definitions are tricky.

one more thing, there is no real connection between your spiritual path and meditation, yes, often you hear of the 2 in connection, but i know many spiritual people who can't meditate and still they are very spiritual and open to the universal energy.

so i think, first you should clear yourself what you are looking for and expecting from this meditation of yours, and see if meditation is really the right way to it, or maybe you need to put your expectations a side and do meditation for meditation alone and whatever happens happens.

s
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:46 am

Auras wrote:I want to meditate, but when i try, i end up not getting into a meditative state, so i get angry, i feel lost, hopeless,pathetic, idiot, stupid, i really want to get into a meditative state so i can start my spiritual jouney. i hate my life. i wish i was like you guys.

The most basic form of meditation is, sit still, close your eyes and breath in, and breath out.
    You might find, your breath will change. It most likely will slow down. Let your out-breath drop down to the center of your body.
    If you focus on your breath you can not think. If thoughts come into your mind, look at them, and if you can, gently let them go, and return to you breath.
    Be patient with yourself.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 am

I'm in agreement with the others, you're trying to hard and you're expecting to be disappointed probably before you've even tried, Detlefs suggestion of stillness is good but can I suggest the opposite but try both ways anyway, I find I can get into a meditative state when playing a song or music I love over and over again through earphones or headphones the secret is keep the volume low close your eyes and allow the music to carry you away, concentrate only on the music to begin with, it might sound strange but I wenrt to a hairdressers years ago they did exactly that put the same song on repeat they never spoke until they were done it was almost as though they 'tranced out' i'll tell you what though that was the best most amazing haircut i've ever had in my life people were commenting on it for weeks after. I really believe he went into some kind of meditative state.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 am

Yes, music can work. I have meditated to a symphony of Beethoven. I am sure it was not the fifth, more likely the sixth.

Not sure if it works for someone who just starts, but then one will not find out unless one tries.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:54 pm