Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

A Dream or Visitation???

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

A Dream or Visitation??? Empty A Dream or Visitation???

Post  1antique Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:30 pm

In my dream(?) I was at a table watching someone cook. As they pulled the bottom of a coconut out of a container an prepared to drop it into the boiling water, she said: "This is ummah." I had never heard of this word before, so it stuck in my mind. I looked it up this morning when I got up. 

I found this on Wiki:

The word 'Ummah ' refers to "the people" in Arabic, more specifically to Muslim people with a common ideology and culture. "Ummah" is also used by Allah in the Quran referring to Muslims. It is more commonly used in Islamic countries. Muslim Ummah absolutely refers to the unity of muslims all over the world. It is a communal word which divides people into two classes: one of them is muslim and the other is non muslim. Non-Muslims are viewed as brothers and sisters in terms of all being children of Adam. The Muslim Ummah is responsible for upholding the religion and therefore benefiting the community regardless whether the community is Muslim or non-Muslim.
    Islamic usage and origin
    [ltr][edit source | editbeta][/ltr]

The phrase Ummah Wāhidah in the Quran (أمة واحدة, "One Community") refers to all of the Islamic world as it existed at the time. The Quran says: “You [Muslims] are the best nation brought out for Mankind, commanding what is righteous (معروف Maʻrūf, lit. "recognized [as good]") and forbidding what is wrong (منكر Munkar, lit. "recognized [as evil]")…” [3:110].
    The usage is further clarified by the Constitution of Medina, an early document said to have been negotiated by Muhammad in AD 622 with the leading clans of Medina, explicitly refers to Jewish and pagan citizens of Medina as members of the Ummah.[1][2][3][4]
    Hebrew equivalent

In Modern Hebrew, the word Ummah (אוּמָה) means "nation", from the root[citation needed] ʿam (עַם), or "people".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ummah

So.....was this a dream, or was it a visitation?
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader

A Dream or Visitation??? Empty Re: A Dream or Visitation???

Post  shayn Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:58 pm

maybe abit of both?

the interesting question is what does this word means to you, can you relate to it, take it into your life and if and how it connect to food and cooking?

sorry i can't be of more help.

s
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post  CW Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:24 pm

1antique this is what I get from reading about your dream
     "Family, ancestor a relative is cooking / preparing something for you. Not food, something that will benefit you. Perhaps and unexpected gift."

Ummah; is a word that embodies all Arabic religions not just Muslims, but Jews, and Christians also.

Are you planning to attend some kind of family gathering?

Is your family a mixture of religions? Ummah, at one time was thought to be exclusively Muslims, but today the entire Arabic nation is Ummah.

The reason I ask is because I get the feeling a relative is thinking of you. One you don't remember or haven't seen in a very long time.

Love to all...

Last edited by CW on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:38 pm

1antique wrote:In my dream(?) I was at a table watching someone cook. As they pulled the bottom of a coconut out of a container an prepared to drop it into the boiling water, she said: "This is ummah." I had never heard of this word before, so it stuck in my mind. I looked it up this morning when I got up. 

I found this on Wiki:

The word 'Ummah ' refers to "the people" in Arabic, more specifically to Muslim people with a common ideology and culture. "Ummah" is also used by Allah in the Quran referring to Muslims. It is more commonly used in Islamic countries. Muslim Ummah absolutely refers to the unity of muslims all over the world. It is a communal word which divides people into two classes: one of them is muslim and the other is non muslim. Non-Muslims are viewed as brothers and sisters in terms of all being children of Adam. The Muslim Ummah is responsible for upholding the religion and therefore benefiting the community regardless whether the community is Muslim or non-Muslim.
    Islamic usage and origin

The phrase Ummah Wāhidah in the Quran (أمة واحدة, "One Community") refers to all of the Islamic world as it existed at the time. The Quran says: “You [Muslims] are the best nation brought out for Mankind, commanding what is righteous (معروف Maʻrūf, lit. "recognized [as good]") and forbidding what is wrong (منكر Munkar, lit. "recognized [as evil]")…” [3:110].
    The usage is further clarified by the Constitution of Medina, an early document said to have been negotiated by Muhammad in AD 622 with the leading clans of Medina, explicitly refers to Jewish and pagan citizens of Medina as members of the Ummah.[1][2][3][4]
    Hebrew equivalent

In Modern Hebrew, the word Ummah (אוּמָה) means "nation", from the root[citation needed] ʿam (עַם), or "people".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ummah

So.....was this a dream, or was it a visitation?
     Um,interesting,1antique.    My daughter works with Hindies and Muslims in a Call centre.  Yes,they all get on well.   
    Must ask her to ask some of them what this means.
    Do you mind I cut and paste that?
    Joan
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:51 pm

Joan
    Please feel free to pass whatever along. Maybe it will help with an answer.

shayn
    All ideas are appreciated because, when put together with the others, they may come up with an answer.

Thank you both for your replies.

Last edited by 1antique on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:56 pm

CW said: wrote:1antique this is what I get from reading about your dream
     "Family, ancestor a relative is cooking / preparing something for you. Not food, something that will benefit you. Perhaps and unexpected gift."

Ummah; is a word that embodies all Arabic religions not just Muslims, but Jews, and Christians also. 

Is your family a mixture of religions? Ummah, at one time was thought to be exclusively Muslims, but today the entire Arabic nation is Ummah. 

The reason I ask is because I get the feeling a relative is thinking of you. One you don't remember or haven't seen in a very long time. 

Love to all...
    I find your reply quite interesting on a couple of points:

1. In my family I have a Prebyterian minister, a Pentacostal, a Jehovah's Witness, an Agnostic, and myself...a New Ager.

2. We are having a family reunion on the 17th (a little over a week away)

3. I do not associate much with my family as they live about 120 miles away and the car we have I don't trust to go that far.

Thank you for your reply.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:59 pm

1antique wrote:Joan
    Please feel free to pass whatever along. Maybe it will help with an answer.

shayn
    All ideas are appreciated because, when put together with the others, they may come up with an answer.

Thank you both for your replies.
     Thanks 1antique,have copied it,off to my daughter's tomorrow.
    Will send it onto her....

Joan
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post  CW Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:45 pm

You are welcome 1antique, I want to say more about your dream. Seems like you've been experiencing some disconnection with family. Why do you think you remembered the word Ummah? This is a spiritual message to you to remember your connection with the family within you. Sometimes we are absorbed with our personal needs, wants, and desires. While on the other hand we forget how much our presence on this earth touch and influence other family members.

The cooking and the table in your dream is what gives me the feeling that someone in your family has something special for you, a gift or a reward.

Love to all...
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader

Post  shayn Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:27 pm

1antique wrote:
    CW said: wrote:1antique this is what I get from reading about your dream

Love to all...
    I find your reply quite interesting on a couple of points:

1. In my family I have a Prebyterian minister, a Pentacostal, a Jehovah's Witness, an Agnostic, and myself...a New Ager.

2. We are having a family reunion on the 17th (a little over a week away)

3. I do not associate much with my family as they live about 120 miles away and the car we have I don't trust to go that far.

Thank you for your reply.
     1A
    i sent you a PM
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 am

Thank you, so very much, shayn. :hugz:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:20 pm