Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
mayflow
partofme
SpiritVoices
7 posters

Link with Lucid Dreams?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Link with Lucid Dreams? Empty Link with Lucid Dreams?

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:10 pm

So are we alive and just dreaming when we dream lucid dreams?
    Or are we visiting the Spirit World?

Note below:-

Often people pass over and do not realize it for weeks; they think they are dreaming.

Barbara Starr,
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Link with Lucid Dreams? Empty Re: Link with Lucid Dreams?

Post  partofme Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:29 pm

I know very little of lucid dreams to give an opinion.   I have understood that they can be manipulated and that one is aware that they are dreaming.  Thinking back at any dreams that come to mind that I knew that I was dreaming....not remembering any.  Setting intent allows this to happen or does it just happen at random?     

Makes perfect sense that some still think they are in dream state. 

Never gave it much thought when someone said, a ghost is a person that doesnt know they are dead.  That this dream state could actually be a reason.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:25 pm

I could go on a bit about Lucid Dreams. To start, I once started realizing I was dreaming while I was dreaming, and I did not like it because I wanted to wake up, but I could not. I would try so hard to wake up, to shake my body, slap my face, to do SOMETHING to wake up..

Most of the time, I would think I had finally woken up, and when I met Reality Girl, she told me what I was trying to wake up to was not real reality, but what she called "consensus reality of mass hypntotisms of currently concurrent reality beliefs" - she was a rather wordy chick.

I've been in love with her ever since, but now I have a bit digressed in my reply to the lovely subject.

SV wrote:
    So are we alive and just dreaming when we dream lucid dreams?
    Or are we visiting the Spirit World?

I would say we are doing both.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Exactly,MayFlo....Lucid dreams are what the name says they are.   
    We are aware of part dreaming and part experiencing in real time,what is happening in the dreams.... :asmile:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:39 am

I know very little of lucid dreams to give an opinion.   I have understood that they can be manipulated and that one is aware that they are dreaming. Yes I do this frequently Thinking back at any dreams that come to mind that I knew that I was dreaming....not remembering any.  Setting intent allows this to happen or does it just happen at random?   It can happen randomly but you can learn how to do it too  I returned to the same dream with the same person three nights in a row once, also if I have to get up for the bathroom (sorry :blush: ) or go down for a drink I can get right back into a dream where I left off.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:30 pm

Meant to come back to ages ago.

Lucid dreams are counted as very clear dreams  (remembering every minute of those dreams.)

They also remembered as Astral Travel.
    But some say we do visit the spirit world and that is what my lucid dreams are....so I have been told....I don't see but hear,not only that sometimes.

Clear dreams that feel you are actually in another scenario.    
    Like to deciding to visit someone who you know is deceased in life but very much alive in the dreams.   How many times have you said to someone....'I was dreaming of my mother or father or a close friend who died several years ago and they looked as they did when they were well or younger'.....that is lucid dreaming,remembering every aspect of that dream.  Those dreams are never forgotten...if you are going to dream as normal,a mixed up dream which makes no sense or is full of the days events,worries etc,that is just dreaming.....
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Well, actually, Lucid dreaming just simply means that your are lucid (consciously aware) that you are dreaming while you are dreaming.

As I said, when it first started happening to me, I did not like it and it scared me and I kept trying to wake out of the dreams. Then Reality Girl told me that the dreams were there to help and teach me, and suggested I make friends with the dreams and all the dream characters as well, and that I take conscious participation in the dreams.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:19 pm

It has been wrote somewhere on the net that whenever we sleep we visit the spirit world.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Maybe I'm using the incorrect title for the kind of 'dreams' I dream.
    I call them dreams because it is the only way I can describe them.
    I was corrected by a friend of mine recently who said I wasn't dreaming.    You are having an 'out of body' experience.   Because they are not dreams as such.    I am 'seeing' those friends and relatives who have passed to spirit.  
    If I was dreaming,I would see those people as they were before they died.  Looking ill and older,as I knew them.

These people I see are young,healthy and the way they wave to me is saying 'look,I'm not ill anymore'.    
    It is a different experience from sleeping....

For example,a different sort of experience....
    Reading my book one afternoon,I fell asleep or was dozing.    Not sound asleep but relaxed.    I heard a distinct male voice saying 'It is 3pm'.  I was the only one in my home.
    Opened my eyes and looked at the clock.   It was exactly 3pm!   Looked around and there no one else in my home...   Two questions....Why the time of 3pm?  Meant nothing to me....the voice was unfamiliar to me....
    So who was contacting me.......I was not dreaming then.....

So many questions in my head.....  
     :grin:
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:55 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Maybe I'm using the incorrect title for the kind of 'dreams' I dream.
    I call them dreams because it is the only way I can describe them.
    I was corrected by a friend of mine recently who said I wasn't dreaming.    You are having an 'out of body' experience.   Because they are not dreams as such.    I am 'seeing' those friends and relatives who have passed to spirit.  
    If I was dreaming,I would see those people as they were before they died.  Looking ill and older,as I knew them.

These people I see are young,healthy and the way they wave to me is saying 'look,I'm not ill anymore'.    
    It is a different experience from sleeping....

For example,a different sort of experience....
    Reading my book one afternoon,I fell asleep or was dozing.    Not sound asleep but relaxed.    I heard a distinct male voice saying 'It is 3pm'.  I was the only one in my home.
    Opened my eyes and looked at the clock.   It was exactly 3pm!   Looked around and there no one else in my home...   Two questions....Why the time of 3pm?  Meant nothing to me....the voice was unfamiliar to me....
    So who was contacting me.......I was not dreaming then.....

So many questions in my head.....  
     :grin:

I remember more and more of my discussions with Rg (Reality Girl) as these discussions move along. When I was first afraid of Lucid dreams as I felt they imprisoned me, she said it was the opposite and that they were really freeing me. Dreams as you have spoken of here, she said were wish fulfillment dreams that have a place in the Reality scheme of things but are not the whole picture of everything. She was pretty big on stressing that what we as humans see can be a very accurate part of the whole but there must be new openings of the minds and the thought processes for us to keep learning more and more.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:38 am

You could be right,mayflow.  Someone said to me recently....'Was I still mourning these relatives and friends?'     I said 'yes'  because my relatives were my family and the friends were very close friends.      Would you agree that fact could bring these dreams through to me?   Missing them so much?
    I never had a dream like this about my husband after his passing but then again,I had a different experience about him.  Actually hearing his voice two weeks after he died....very clear and very strong.....

Your Reality Girl.....she sounds like a wise lady.... :asmile:
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:10 pm

You really need Squatchit from SF on this one !
    But this is taken from one of my posts

. "However, there is a particular “hedge” and portal which most people have crossed involuntarily without knowing or even trying, and that is the passage from consciousness to the dream state. With suitable talents, this passage can be prolonged and we call this Lucid Dreaming."
    Norseman 2010 "Striding the Hedge".

So it is a half-way house between consciousness and dream state or being held between the mundane realm and the spirit realm.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:38 pm

norseman wrote:You really need Squatchit from SF on this one !

. "However, there is a particular “hedge” and portal which most people have crossed involuntarily without knowing or even trying, and that is the passage from consciousness to the dream state. With suitable talents, this passage can be prolonged and we call this Lucid Dreaming."

So it is a half-way house between consciousness and dream state or being held between the mundane realm and the spirit realm.
    So we are between the two....not here and not there in other words between the physical and spirit.  On the edge!    I've often described the room I find myself in.  An ordinary room...with tea set out.    One large table with us one side and spirit beings on the other...Thank you so much,Northman.....You've solved the puzzle.
     :asmile:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:52 pm

norseman wrote:You really need Squatchit from SF on this one !

You really need Squatchit from SF on this one !

Didn't Squatchit used to be on this site?
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Didn't Squatchit used to be on this site?

She still is a member but dormant.

Another simple way to think of Lucid Dreaming is how I describe Portals - Places between Places
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:07 pm

I understand now what you mean by 'between portals'.....Not quite here and not quite in spirit.    Something I never thought about.....yet I've read some many articles on the 'in between stage' of this world and the next....
    Shakes her brain a bit...... :blush:
    somnium
    somnium

Number of posts : 315
    Registration date : 2013-04-05

Post  somnium Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 pm

In my experience lucid dreams, and just plain dreams in particular can lead to anywhere. Often times we are astral projecting, or visiting other worlds and dimensions. Perhaps sometimes we are merely within our own minds projection. The things about dreams is that they shift your awareness, and your position within reality. It depends on where and what you are doing, sometimes it is this and sometimes it is that. If you have awareness of a certain place you have a definition of that place, a reference for experiencing the place you are intending. Sooner or later, as long as you intend it, you will find the place you are defining.

As far as being in the spirit world I believe we are not separate from the spirit, and that the spirit directs all things. Like a grand puppetmaster. If you intend to visit the spirit world, or whatever definition you give it then i believe you will find what you are seeking. The possibilities are endless. I would say that all places and all things are connected by what i call the spirit.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Good to see you back,Somnium..... :urwelcome: 

I never really understood dreams until I found a link on them,many moons ago.
    So many different varieties of dreams. 

All I know is dreaming about one large room with folks in it who I knew in life.
    Relatives,friends etc are shown to me in this room....A basic account here.

The difference is,they have all passed to spirit.     They acknowledge me and that I am there to say my goodbyes.    The picture of the room never changes to me.    
    Same room,different spirits.....
    What would you call that type of dream?
    somnium
    somnium

Post  somnium Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:20 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Good to see you back,Somnium..... :urwelcome: 

I never really understood dreams until I found a link on them,many moons ago.
    So many different varieties of dreams. 

All I know is dreaming about one large room with folks in it who I knew in life.
    Relatives,friends etc are shown to me in this room....A basic account here.

The difference is,they have all passed to spirit.     They acknowledge me and that I am there to say my goodbyes.    The picture of the room never changes to me.    
    Same room,different spirits.....
    What would you call that type of dream?
    Hi Joan, yeah i came back to see what was up. Been away form the forums for awhile.

I am always fascinated with the timelessness of the dream state, past present and future seem to be interlinking together, all existing here and now. For example someone who is passed away andd lived an entire life can be seen in youth while remembering their entire lives. I had a dream i was on my old schoolbus with my old friends, and yet i had knowledge of all the events of our lives together. I was young too, and it was in the past, but everyone knew all the things that had transpired together. I believe that this timelessness is an evolved state of perceiving time that we are able to grasp in dreams and the afterlife. If only we could reach those states in the waking world.

I wouldn't know what to call your dream Joan, but i suspect that it is your intent to hold onto the lives and loves you had in life. I believe that we often can see people who have passed away in our dreams, and that these dreams are very real. Perhaps it is your subconscious intent to see life beyond death, proving to yourself that we live beyond, and addressing your fears of passing on? To me it shows that there is nothing to worry about. We are intact after we die, and I believe we hold onto every moment we ever had in life, we carry it with us, like all time existing together.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:53 am

Good interpretation,Somnium.    
    Except for one dream which puzzled me.    This dream has a different aspect to it.    A stranger to myself but known by my husband in his lifetime,appeared in one of the dreams.

Once again,we were both in the same room.   I will put this briefly.
    A young soldier appeared in army uniform.   Dirty and battle scarred.
    Looking about in his 20's.    My husband is always with me in these dreams,recognised the man as one of his army comrades.   
    Both in war together when they were young....I emphasise  the 'young'.
    The point I find different in this dream is that I didn't know this soldier.    So I had no memories of him to bring him into my dream.

That soldier had died a short while ago at the age of 80 years.

My husband didn't dream this dream,I did.    My husband is in spirit himself....
    Now explain that..... :giggles: 
    Again,good to see you....
    Joan
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:56 am

More stuff in here  :giggles: 

http://www.spiritualinspiration.org/t7626-striding-the-hedge-portals-and-stuff
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:07 am

norseman wrote:More stuff in here  :giggles: 

http://www.spiritualinspiration.org/t7626-striding-the-hedge-portals-and-stuff
    Good,Norseman....have saved that link for later...have to go out now...
    Looks good!
     :asmile:
    somnium
    somnium

Post  somnium Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:51 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Good interpretation,Somnium.    
    Except for one dream which puzzled me.    This dream has a different aspect to it.    A stranger to myself but known by my husband in his lifetime,appeared in one of the dreams.

Looking about in his 20's.    My husband is always with me in these dreams,recognised the man as one of his army comrades.   
    The point I find different in this dream is that I didn't know this soldier.    So I had no memories of him to bring him into my dream.

My husband didn't dream this dream,I did.    My husband is in spirit himself....
    Joan
    Thank you Joan, it is nice to see you as well.

Dreams are one of my areas of research that i enjoy very much. Now since you asked me my opinion I will galdly give it to you. I believe that you and your husband were dreaming together, i think your husband came to see you in your dream but when he did both your dreams merged together. I see that both of you were generating energy in this dream and so it was not you alone who dreamt the soldier. The fact that you had no memories of the soldier proves my point, in my opinion. In my studies of dreams i was taught that there are dreams where we alone are the dreamer, where we generate all the energy within the dream, but there are also shared dreams where we come into contact with other energy generating beings. When this occurs you both are generating the images together.
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:17 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:You could be right,mayflow.  Someone said to me recently....'Was I still mourning these relatives and friends?'     I said 'yes'  because my relatives were my family and the friends were very close friends.      Would you agree that fact could bring these dreams through to me?   Missing them so much?
    I never had a dream like this about my husband after his passing but then again,I had a different experience about him.  Actually hearing his voice two weeks after he died....very clear and very strong.....

Your Reality Girl.....she sounds like a wise lady.... :asmile:
    Do you think the possibility that you put the energy out there, of missing them.. and then they being aware of it and actually coming to visit you because of it?
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:31 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Good interpretation,Somnium.    

Joan
    It seems to me at almost any post that you have made about these happenings... I come to the idea that you are seeing these people who have made it to the other world as to prepare you for when your time is to arrive.  They will be your welcoming committee per say.  :ghug:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:12 pm