Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Mixing Decks

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Mixing Decks - Page 2 Empty Mixing Decks

Post  Violet Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has anyone ever tried mixing different decks and reading with them?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Mixing Decks - Page 2 Empty Re: Mixing Decks

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:25 am

I'm following your postings..... Mixing Decks - Page 2 21581
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:40 am

OK so now the tarot or oracle cards are shuffled by myself (or in real time i'll let the sitter shuffle to me it makes no odds) Then I lay them down as they come out right to left, no set 'layout' unless i'm specifically asked for one, usually I lay out about ten initially, and sit and look at the cards.

Sometimes just a glance at the images is enough, something amongst all the images in the cards will leap out immediately and give me a good starting point, let's say a man carrying a heavy load for example, now on this occasion this could be interpreted by myself as my sitter having a lot of problems, a burden, but the other cards will or should confirm this, but I could draw that very same card in another reading and it will mean something completely different to me so I think i'm working intuitively with the images on the cards.

i'm interpreting them intuitively I get a feeling which tells me if the meaning is right or wrong, i've always believed we work with cards at a psychic level, so you don't need to be a medium to read cards, but perversely, often i'll read cards and hear clairaudiently as i'm doing them, so I don't know.
    I've never studied the book written meanings for them as they ALWAYS contradict each other, basically i'm reading the pictures like a storyboard.

It is slightly different with playing cards as they don't have images other than the court cards, and numbers are not my thing at all, but I can look at them and certain things will jump out, and again I hear things while looking, this does make me wonder if all cards are just a focal point, a way to 'still the mind' while not being aware you are stilling it, which then allows spirit to get through or 'link in' but others do learn all the meanings and read them religiously to the letter and do excellent readings.

So I think you can read cards with spirit assistance but also read them without

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:52 am

Interestingly with playing cards I do not only lay down ten I lay the deck out this is because for a deck with no images it is difficult to get anything from such a small mumber of basically 'bare'cards, if they have good imagery (tarot and oracle)sometimes I may only need three cards and get a heck of a lot from those.

Again with the imagery it can be something microscopic which can add to the whole reading such as a tiny snake slithering in the background, is the snake coming to the fore or slithering away, does it look menacing or not, all of this can add depth to a reading working with images.
    I've said about mediumship 'you should say what you see/hear/ feel', it is exactly the same with the cards imo tell your sitter how they make you feel and what the images mean to you.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 am

oops i've been rambling for about an hour Mixing Decks - Page 2 160943

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am

No, not rambling.... It takes time to put together a quality, coherent response (by the by, it can drive me wild when contributors respond without time to properly read a posting and then it's badly written, badly phrased, rambling etc - I digress!) and quality takes time....

I've been studying what you've been writing. Interesting and illuminating but I'm still floundering about how such a dialogue should be classified. Evidential mediumship? No. Psychic reading? Partly I think... Counselling by the practitioner? Unsure to what degree - what do you think, Violet?

Unless there's an element of discarnate involvement then it's wholly psychic - but that doesn't sound right.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 am

Hi Mac, while i've been writing i've been thinking more deeply on this myself, the word counselling jumped out at me from your post and I do think this is a very important part and a big responsibility which every reader, be that cards or mediumship has to have, some kind of empathy for others is always good too.

IF you are doing a face to face reading (mediumship or cards) before you even begin you automatically make an assesssment of that person in front of you (rightly or wrongly) if they are distressed, offhand and disbelieving, clinging to your every word etc etc you have to asssess that and do the reading in a way you believe they can best handle at that time. Many readers are so blunt they often offend or distress a person more, so imo you have to be mindful of HOW you give the information you get, Counselling imo does play a huge part.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:26 am

That also applies to online readings even if you cannot assess the person because you have no idea who they are or about their frame of mind you do have to be considerate and gentle.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:31 am

but I'm still floundering about how such a dialogue should be classified. Evidential mediumship? No. Psychic reading?

In my own case I think often a mixture of the two, I have had good evidential mediumship come through when card reading, in some cases it's purely psychic i've done readings like this too, in others it's probably different mixes to varying degreees, this is such a difficult one to pin point definately as everyone has their own way of reading, some might think i'm a loon reading the way I do Mixing Decks - Page 2 809779

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:09 am

thanks, Violet.

You've given a very insightful overview of the process and what's involved. Lots to think about and I came to this topic pretty-well open-minded inasmuch as I don't have any experience at all and haven't read or heard much about the subject from anyone who has understanding.

A good discussion - thanks again. Mixing Decks - Page 2 21581
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:14 am

I don't have any experience at all

Hi Mac, have you ever considered giving it a go and seeing if you can draw any further conclusions from that? Would you be interested in doing that?

I seem to remember promising to post on this sometime ago..and forgetting Mixing Decks - Page 2 160943

Only my ownexperiences and understandings though, others may give you a completely different perspective, I do hope more add to this thread I enjoyed reading Joanie's. Mixing Decks - Page 2 15910

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:21 am

Violet wrote:

Hi Mac, have you ever considered giving it a go and seeing if you can draw any further conclusions from that? Would you be interested in doing that?

I seem to remember promising to post on this sometime ago..and forgetting Mixing Decks - Page 2 160943

Only my ownexperiences and understandings though, others may give you a completely different perspective, I do hope more add to this thread I enjoyed reading Joanie's. Mixing Decks - Page 2 15910

I suppose that some direct experience would broaden my view on this and yes I'd certainly give it a go. Mixing Decks - Page 2 21581

You say only your own experiences and understanding but that's a perfect combination from which to begin analysis of the situation. You know what happens and are interested in learning more about the processes - not all will approach the situation so openly or with such understanding. And you don't object to analysis!

I'd be perfectly content to discuss anyone else's input along similar lines to those we've already used....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:28 am

mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:

I suppose that some direct experience would broaden my view on this and yes I'd certainly give it a go. Mixing Decks - Page 2 21581
    Give me a shout if/when you feel ready (not tonight though i've got to go to bed soon Mixing Decks - Page 2 809779 )

You say only your own experiences and understanding but that's a perfect combination from which to begin analysis of the situation. You know what happens and are interested in learning more about the processes - not all will approach the situation so openly or with such understanding. And you don't object to analysis!
    Nope, I love a good discussion and if it helps others too that's a bonus!
    I'd be perfectly content to discuss anyone else's input along similar lines to those we've already used....
    Me too, thanks Mac Mixing Decks - Page 2 821538 i'll say 'night now, as i'll be off soon.

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:45 am

I don't know how you'd organise things, Violet, or how much free time you'd need so I'll have to leave it to you to tell me what's needed.

I'm usually around much of the time so I'll probably be able to fit around your busy schedule and commitments better than you trying to make time to fit into mine - I'm doing nothing important much of the time.

Let me know what you think and I should be able to fit in with what you suggest. Mixing Decks - Page 2 21581
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:10 pm

All being well i'll try and sort something my end tonight, nothing too time consuming or complicated Mixing Decks - Page 2 821538

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Many apoligies for not following up,Mac but been staying at my daughter's the last few days and little time to type. Mixing Decks - Page 2 160943
    I promise I will be in action soon.

Mixing Decks - Page 2 114597
    Joanie
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Joanie wrote:Many apoligies for not following up,Mac but been staying at my daughter's the last few days and little time to type. Mixing Decks - Page 2 160943
    I promise I will be in action soon.

Mixing Decks - Page 2 114597
    Joanie

I understand, Joanie. I don't expect folks to race around after me. I shall look forward to what you have to say when you get the opportunity. Violet and I have had some interesting discussions about how she works. Mixing Decks - Page 2 21581

Take your time setting up your new computer when you've arrived home.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Violet wrote:All being well i'll try and sort something my end tonight, nothing too time consuming or complicated Mixing Decks - Page 2 821538

Whatever you decide is fine by me.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:54 pm

I'm getting there Mac!
    Done the most important things,got my favourtite sites up there!
    Mixing Decks - Page 2 809779
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Mac, I thought i'd just post a few random tarot cards up and see if you sense or feel anything from them, it isn't about getting it wrong or right, imo there are no wrongs and rights with the actual interpretations as that is unique to everyone it is about what you feel from the images on them, how do these images affect you, how would you interpret them.

Card one is the 3 of cups which maiht mean nothing to you but that doesn't matter, here's the image:

Mixing Decks - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLGIvoxbEs-WNVLZU4QQ0PSVLl6RgKW_WunPeBKd6JZyvmGjpgrQ

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Violet wrote:Mac, I thought i'd just post a few random tarot cards up and see if you sense or feel anything from them, it isn't about getting it wrong or right, imo there are no wrongs and rights with the actual interpretations as that is unique to everyone it is about what you feel from the images on them, how do these images affect you, how would you interpret them.

Card one is the 3 of cups which maiht mean nothing to you but that doesn't matter, here's the image:

Mixing Decks - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLGIvoxbEs-WNVLZU4QQ0PSVLl6RgKW_WunPeBKd6JZyvmGjpgrQ

You're right that it means nothing but I can not interpret any meaning save, perhaps, for a triumphalism that isn't appealing as I don't know why the figures might be triumphant.....
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:35 pm

I'll stay around if you're thinking about trying anything today but no problem if you're not as I'll sit outside in the sun instead! Mixing Decks - Page 2 21581
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Have another look,Mac!
    Putting it in common language,think of yourself holding a drink up.
    What would someone ask you?
    What are you -----------?
    Joanie x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi Mac, the other cards (if this was in a reading) should indicate why they are triumphant, but for your first card I think you've done extremely well, I think it's very interesting that you mention that it isn't appealing as you don't know why they are triumphant, because for all you or I know they could be celebrating some 'sick' kind of victory, so already you are realising there is more to a card than is immediately obvious.

I don't plan any specific one on one stuff tonight as i'm flitting between forums at the moment so please enjoy the sun if you want to, I've literally just started the ball rolling here no presssure and can this be done whenever you feel like (including responding.)

I might post more later when it's quieter Mixing Decks - Page 2 821538

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:50 pm

"I might post more later when it's quieter Mixing Decks - Page 2 821538" thanks, Violet. I'll probably be around from here on in so drop me a line if you want to - I'll leave that to you.

Last edited by mac on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Joanie wrote:Have another look,Mac!
    Putting it in common language,think of yourself holding a drink up.
    What would someone ask you?
    What are you -----------?
    Joanie x

toasting?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:16 pm