Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Mixing Decks

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Mixing Decks - Page 3 Empty Mixing Decks

Post  Violet Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has anyone ever tried mixing different decks and reading with them?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Mixing Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Mixing Decks

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:08 pm

How about I place this card next to it? Does it change your feelings? Or give you an idea about the triumph?

Mixing Decks - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLGIvoxbEs-WNVLZU4QQ0PSVLl6RgKW_WunPeBKd6JZyvmGjpgrQ Mixing Decks - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbIh7Na9ED1775Tw9IzcXZEseGibKUins8nMsGqyjXsNDNx5-skg

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Violet wrote:How about I place this card next to it? Does it change your feelings? Or give you an idea about the triumph?

Mixing Decks - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLGIvoxbEs-WNVLZU4QQ0PSVLl6RgKW_WunPeBKd6JZyvmGjpgrQ Mixing Decks - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbIh7Na9ED1775Tw9IzcXZEseGibKUins8nMsGqyjXsNDNx5-skg

That makes things harder - iconography isn't one of my strengths - if I've any at all! I'm looking again but I don't get a thing from the guy bashing out the pentagrams.... Looks like Tarot wouldn't work for me.
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Try making it like a story mac - on the right you see a man hard at work, looks like he's at the end of his task. On the left are three lovely ladies - either partying it up or boil boil toil and troubling. Maybe they're celebrating the pending finish to a long job.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi Mac, no it doesn't suit everyone, and tarot can be difficult even for seasoned readers sometimes. I just thought if you could read a few of them for yourself you may get more of an idea of how it works. Mixing Decks - Page 3 821538
    Others study and learn the set meanings for each card you may find that works better for you personally, but I prefer to work with the images, it's about what suits you best, and no I don't expect you to go on a tarot course Mixing Decks - Page 3 809779

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Kaere wrote:Try making it like a story mac - on the right you see a man hard at work, looks like he's at the end of his task. On the left are three lovely ladies - either partying it up or boil boil toil and troubling. Maybe they're celebrating the pending finish to a long job.

Nope - I can't find any kind of narrative. But, then, I work in reverse to many people whereby I won't link items unless I know or suspect there's supposed to be linkage.

I won't, and don't, make things fit.....
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:41 pm

It's interpreting a story, not making things fit. But Violet's right, if it's not for you, it's not for you Mixing Decks - Page 3 348985
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:53 pm

Kaere wrote:It's interpreting a story, not making things fit. But Violet's right, if it's not for you, it's not for you Mixing Decks - Page 3 348985

Yes I follow that but if a narrative isn't clear, then my imagination might create one - that's what I mean by "not making things fit" and that only applies to me. I don't mean it in respect of anyone else because I don't know how they are operating....

I suppose it was almost inevitable that images wouldn't work for me as I work almost entirely with the literal - speech or text are my favourite mediums. Imagery hardly works at all for me.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 am

That's ok, I totally accept what you're saying but it was worth a try Mixing Decks - Page 3 21581 thanks for giving it a try, some wouldn't Mixing Decks - Page 3 821538

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:15 am

It's like watching a movie,with no sound and no sub titles.
    But you pick up the plot as you go a long.

Mixing Decks - Page 3 28115
    Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu May 19, 2011 12:34 am

Has anyone else had a go at mixing decks?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:46 pm