Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
mia
ameliorate
SpiritVoices
shayn
1antique
CW
10 posters

Being Kind to Those You Don't Like

CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Being Kind  to Those You Don't Like  - Page 3 Empty Being Kind to Those You Don't Like

Post  CW Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is it easy for your to be kind to people you dis-like?
    Can you be kind to people you hate?

Acts of kindness is only bestowed onto others because of who we are, not because of who they are. When we are unkind to those we dis-like we are actually being unkind to ourselves. If we are a kind person by nature then we must continue to be kind in all situations.

On the other hand if it is your nature to be an unkind person then "be that as well."

I believe a little bit of kindness goes a very long way.

What are your thoughts?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Being Kind  to Those You Don't Like  - Page 3 Empty Re: Being Kind to Those You Don't Like

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:05 pm

I like that,CW. Sometimes God takes his time but always comes through with an answer.
    Joanie x
    CW
    CW

Female

Being Kind  to Those You Don't Like  - Page 3 Empty Re: Being Kind to Those You Don't Like

Post  CW Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Joanie, could it be that our receiver is slow? Being Kind  to Those You Don't Like  - Page 3 415540
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:20 pm

When negative situations with others cannot be resolved, despite every attempt to do so, I remind myself that it is for a reason that is not immediately apparent. It could well be to do with their karma/lessons. It's helpful to bear in mind that we don't have access to that bigger picture (that shows clearly how the jigsaw pieces all fit together).
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:00 pm

CW wrote:Joanie, could it be that our receiver is slow? Being Kind  to Those You Don't Like  - Page 3 415540

Slow in picking up,CW? You could well be right,CW... :blush:
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male
    Number of posts : 285
    Registration date : 2012-03-26

Post  Wisa'ka Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:44 am

CW wrote:Is it easy for your to be kind to people you dis-like?
    Can you be kind to people you hate?

Acts of kindness is only bestowed onto others because of who we are, not because of who they are. When we are unkind to those we dis-like we are actually being unkind to ourselves. If we are a kind person by nature then we must continue to be kind in all situations.

On the other hand if it is your nature to be an unkind person then "be that as well."

I believe a little bit of kindness goes a very long way.

What are your thoughts?

I suppose if there is a hope of kindling the fires of friendship. Then there are those who make it rather clear they do not hold any fondness in their hearts for others no matter how much effort they put into kindling fires of friendship. One attempts to kindle that fire and the other's rainy days and soggy fire wood turns that act into devious sport.

Insult and reproach no matter how pleasantly or maliciously applied makes for wet rotten wood which can never be kindled into a friendly fire.

Love and hate, strong enough emotions to warrant honesty while experiencing either.
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:38 am

In the old days, especially with the plains tribes a lone warrior would ride right into the heart of enemy territory, or maybe into an incoming enemy force to count coup, a greater honor than actually slaying someone. He would choose a leading enemy warrior or leader and strike him with a coup stick and in some cases, his bare hand.Swiftly turning about that lone warrior would attempt to ride back to his own people. If successful, great honors would be giving to him.

The enemy tribe would respect him as well.

I have to laugh while thinking one's coup counting could very well be the fox hunt of others. An interesting event, especially when neither party completely understands or respects the other's moves. Truly a learning experience.

The different spirits that watch over lovers and haters while those who assist in friendly fire making sometimes advise us such fires at some places can never be made so carry on accordingly.

Who has rode into camp with flint, tinder and kindling, or a coup stick ?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:09 pm

ameliorate wrote:When negative situations with others cannot be resolved, despite every attempt to do so, I remind myself that it is for a reason that is not immediately apparent. It could well be to do with their karma/lessons. It's helpful to bear in mind that we don't have access to that bigger picture (that shows clearly how the jigsaw pieces all fit together).

If only we could see the bigger picture,Amy?
    Sometimes we say hurtful words but may be if we knew the back ground of those concerned,we might hold our tonque.
    Joanie x
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Thank you Wisa'ka, I for one would certainly rather count coups that corpus's. Being Kind  to Those You Don't Like  - Page 3 371183
    It seems like people today would rather count corpus's after they spray bullets all over the neighborhood.
    Sometimes, innocent people get hurt when people don't like each other.
    I believe it is easier to convey how you feel to the person, get out of their way and be kind only when necessary.
    Don' go out of your way, because an act of kindness from an enemy can easily be mistaken for a threat. .
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 pm

CW wrote:Thank you Wisa'ka, I for one would certainly rather count coups that corpus's. Being Kind  to Those You Don't Like  - Page 3 371183
    It seems like people today would rather count corpus's after they spray bullets all over the neighborhood.
    Sometimes, innocent people get hurt when people don't like each other.
    I believe it is easier to convey how you feel to the person, get out of their way and be kind only when necessary.
    Don' go out of your way, because an act of kindness from an enemy can easily be mistaken for a threat. .

Too bad modern times, this new age has somewhat changed all of that. I always make it a point to arrive anywhere in a peaceful manner, but every once and awhile that peace is put to a test. But hey this is the internet, no worries of a hickory coup stick or tomahawk connecting with someone's face.
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Being Kind  to Those You Don't Like  - Page 3 285525Being Kind  to Those You Don't Like  - Page 3 1702
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:57 pm