Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
somnium
mac
feather
ameliorate
Violet
9 posters

Can you dream about things you have never experienced?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Can you dream about things you have never experienced? - Page 2 Empty Can you dream about things you have never experienced?

Post  Violet Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

I had a bit of a debate on this a few days ago the other person reckons not, I think you can.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    WmBuzz71

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2013-01-23

Can you dream about things you have never experienced? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you dream about things you have never experienced?

Post  WmBuzz71 Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 am

Dreams can come from the unconscious mind also, something we have never experienced before.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Can you dream about things you have never experienced? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you dream about things you have never experienced?

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Also Lucid dreams which I have regularly can take us into spirit. I see many relatives and friends
    who have passed over. One could say they are only from our memories of them. But not these dreams.
    Not the soldier I have just spoken of....I never knew in life.

Joanie
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post  CW Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 pm

This trilogy (consciousness, unconsciousness and spiritual self) is constantly at work when we are sleeping. Often, one of the three works dominantly, independently or as a group.

Nothing in our dreams is totally unfamiliar to us. Each dream has an origin or point of reference that originates from within us.

Some believe that if we are able to alter our dreams while we are dreaming, we can alter our life through controlling our dreams.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Interesting, I can alter dreams while dreaming.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Something I have never thought of...altering dreams while sleeping. Would that be a sort of thought process from the consciousness? For instance if we were having a nightmare could we alter that to something more pleasant?

Joanie
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Hay Joanie,

I am quite good at this one:
    Would that be a sort of thought process from the consciousness? For
    instance if we were having a nightmare could we alter that to something
    more pleasant?

I can even wake myself us if I feel my dreams turning to nightmares. Can you dream about things you have never experienced? - Page 2 232282

The key is to realize you are dreaming. Being able to acknowledge your dream state while dreaming. This is the beginning of being able to alter your dreams.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Wouldn't we have to pull ourselves out of the dream state,CW? When I sleep,I'm dead to the world.
    I am not aware that I have dreamed until I wake up. :blush:

Joanie x

CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:44 pm

One would have to be a frequent dreamer like myself to know and acknowledge while sleeping that one is dreaming. We must start thread topic "The strangest dream I've ever had."

I must say its a different type of sleep state when I'm aware of my dream state verses being unaware. I agree with you Joanie I am also dead to the world when I'm not aware of dream state. If you tell yourself you know you will dream before you fall asleep you will be conscious of your dream state while you are dreaming.

I see dreams as a portal to the soul.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 pm

I must try that,CW. Especially the very clear dreams like Lucid dreams.
    I dream of those who have passed to spirit. I can remember every single aspect of those dreams.
    They are real life to me.
    So how would it be possible to change those dreams even if I wanted to?
    To actually hear their voices in those dreams.
    The only thing I would love to change.

Joanie
    WmBuzz71

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2013-01-23

Post  WmBuzz71 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Joanie wrote:Also Lucid dreams which I have regularly can take us into spirit. I see many relatives and friends
    who have passed over. One could say they are only from our memories of them. But not these dreams.
    Not the soldier I have just spoken of....I never knew in life.

Joanie

Yes, I believe you, You are experiencing dreams from your higher consciousness, in the higher astral realms. Beautiful that you have experienced those dreams.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Thank you for convincing me of that. I have dreamed so many dreams over the years of seeing relatives,friends and most of all the last dream which was 'seeing' my grandson in spirit.
    Also a young soldier who fought with my husband in war. He showed himself in the dream as a young man but was in old age when he died.

:asmile:

Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:11 am

Joanie wrote:Something I have never thought of...altering dreams while sleeping. Would that be a sort of thought process from the consciousness? For instance if we were having a nightmare could we alter that to something more pleasant?

Joanie

I've done that several times I don't know how it works but it DOES work

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:39 am

This fascinates me,Violet.
    Do you think that some kind protection is working to protect you? From spirit or some other entitiy?
    Joanie x
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Just remember
    This trilogy (consciousness, unconsciousness and spiritual self) is
    constantly at work when we are sleeping. Often, one of the three works
    dominantly, independently or as a group. Nothing in our dreams
    is totally unfamiliar to us. Each dream has an origin or point of
    reference that originates from within us.

Yes I agree our spiritual dreams are very vivid and profound, They leave a very strong and lasting impression upon us. I had one last week about my son. I've never seen and heard him so clearly! He reminded me of a memory of him, I had forgotten. He loved school and never wanted to be late, I've always been a very heavy sleeper, oftentimes he would wake me up to say hurry mom don't make me late for school "I don't like being late." He played this episode in the dream as if it was happening right then and there. I was so...............nice to see him again !!! Can you dream about things you have never experienced? - Page 2 449294
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Has anyone ever told themselves "I am dreaming" while in a dream?

I so this is the start of being able to alter your dreams or even wake yourself up while dreaming.
    Most people don't realize how much control they have over their own sleep.
    I know most of you have experienced episodic changes in dreams. Who do you think cause the change?

As I mentioned earlier I recently was able to acknowledge a previous dream I had on a different day and time while in the mist of dreaming.

I believe we dream to get a deeper understanding of what being human is all about.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:07 pm

I must be honest,I have never been aware while dreaming,that I am dreaming. I just wake up and think to myself....'I dreamed this or the other',thinking what an interesting dream I have had.

I must try and be aware of what you have said,CW.

joanie x
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Scientist have tired their best to understand and explain sleep: http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/science/what/characteristics

If we are yielding to sleep, we will find that this meta-cognitive state of being has more to offer, explore and teach us than our awake state of being.

While sleeping time and tangible things are non-existent, We do touch things in our dreams but can we feel them? We may mention time in our sleep but are we aware of how much time we are spending in a dream? NO.

IMHO, dreams are parallel to our spiritual nature we have no need for time or anything tangible. But think about it emotions are so...... much alive in dreams we can continue to feel any emotion when we wake up.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:13 pm

That's true,CW. I remember waking up after a wonderful dream in which my guide hugged me.
    Giving me comfort after an awful episode in my life. I still remember that hug and the love that went with it.

Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 am

I still remember that hug and the love that went with it.
    It stays with you doesn't it Joanie :flo:

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:26 pm

This hug did,Violet. I cannot describe it. The feeling of pure love and contentment it brought was overwhelming....I've never forgotten it. :hugsquish:

Joanie

CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Now, we know its impossible for us to breath under water, float upon air (levitate) or fly like a bird. Many people have experienced these things in their sleep.

I have always heard that when falling from heights in your dream if you ever hit the bottom you will die in your sleep.

I have fallen but always wake up before hitting bottom.

Has anyone ever dreamed of falling from high place then hit the bottom (sidewalk) in your dream?

I've dream of falling from heights into water. But never onto something solid, like concrete.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:49 pm