Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
QuietCypher
millergrls
skylarker
Left Behind
Aura
gilly
Native spirit
Karin
smilies37
peaceandkarma
Ethereal
zerdini
PPrncpl7
sparkly
Lynn
AngelTony
equuslife
SpiritVoices
Viking
Tomblues
Katiecat
mac
skye
innerlight
Violet
29 posters

Christian Spiritualism

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 Empty Christian Spiritualism

Post  Violet Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:16 am

First topic message reminder :

I went to a Christian Spiritualist church once, I felt very uncomfortable, it didn't feel right somehow and far too 'religious' if that makes sense. Anyone else been to one and what were your feelings?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 Empty Re: Christian Spiritualism

Post  zerdini Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:21 pm

sparkly wrote:not sure what you mean zerdinin, so i will leave that to you...
    You posted a link to "Life in the World Unseen" with some pictures which were not in the original book.
    I notice you are continually posting references to other internet sites. Do you have any actual experiences of your own rather than theories?
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:25 pm

zerdini wrote:
    sparkly wrote:not sure what you mean zerdinin, so i will leave that to you...
    You posted a link to "Life in the World Unseen" with some pictures which were not in the original book.
    I notice you are continually posting references to other internet sites. Do you have any actual experiences of your own rather than theories?

Anthony Borgia was a medium who transcribed the thoughts of a deceased priest and author whom he had known in life; the Catholic priest’s name was Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson (1871.. 1914), and he was a son of a former Archbishop of Canterbury, Edward White Benson.

From the Next World, the spirit priest dictated a wealth of scripts to his friend. Anthony Borgia, and many of these were converted into books. He has a great deal to say, which he hopes will correct the teachings contained in his previous influential Christian books, written when he was living on earth.

Some of the 'drivel', as sparkly disparagingly calls it, refers to Life in the Spirit World, the Orthodox Church, religious belief, faith, spirit communication. mediumship, and what existence is really like for those who have crossed over into the next stages of life.

His teachings are frank and honest: they pull no punches, but they are delivered in a spirit of compassion and helpfulness.

So what does a ‘dead’ priest have to say about such important issues as psychic contact with people in the world of spirit; and what are his opinions of today’s Orthodox Christian Church’? The following extracts are taken from one of his books, Facts:

In the minds of the people of earth, Jesus sees himself being elevated into a deific position which never, for a single fraction of a second, did he imagine would be his. He knows that he tried so hard to show people how they could make the earth into a gloriously happy place, to show people how the power of the Greatest Mind could be brought to earth through His benign representatives of the spirit world.

He tried so diligently to show that if man would but listen to the voices from the spirit world all would be right wilh the earth, and that there would ensue a regime of happiness and repose for all men upon earth, the regime of the Father of the universe Himself, spreading right from its great source to the uttermost bounds of the earth,
    Some of the teachings he transcribed are in the following books:

Heaven and Earth
    Facts
    Here and Hereafter
    ABC of Life
    More Light
    Life in the World Unseen
    More About Life in the World Unseen
    Viking
    Viking

Female
    Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Viking Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Hey, thanks, Zerdini. I've just finished the last spiritualist book I have. I've been looking for more. Now I know what to buy. I haven't read the ones you mention. They sound interseting.
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Viking wrote:Hey, thanks, Zerdini. I've just finished the last spiritualist book I have. I've been looking for more. Now I know what to buy. I haven't read the ones you mention. They sound interseting.
    Hi Viking
    These books are by Maurice Barbanell, founder editor of "Psychic News" and medium for Silver Birch, and are worth reading (some may be out-of-print but can be obtained on booksites like Abebooks, Alibris, Barnes and Noble etc:

This is Spiritualism

Spiritualism Today

The Trumpet Shall Sound

They Shall Be Comforted

Parish The Healer

Across the Gulf

Rogues and Vagabonds

The Case of Helen Duncan

Keep the Rome Fires Burning

Power of the Spirit

Where There is a Will

Harry Edwards and his Healing

I Hear a Voice

He Walks in Two Worlds
    Viking
    Viking

Female
    Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Viking Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Thanks. I know about Maurice B and his guide, Silver Birch. My father had books on SB so I'll look in my attic. They will likely be there.He had Arthur Findlay books too. They were read over and over and he'd underlined many sentences as really important.These books helped him get through the 8 years that he outlived my mother. He was a broken man after she passed. He lived with me and my family and I would still here him calling her name amidst his tears right up until he passed.
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Viking wrote:Thanks. I know about Maurice B and his guide, Silver Birch. My father had books on SB so I'll look in my attic. They will likely be there.He had Arthur Findlay books too. They were read over and over and he'd underlined many sentences as really important.These books helped him get through the 8 years that he outlived my mother. He was a broken man after she passed. He lived with me and my family and I would still here him calling her name amidst his tears right up until he passed.
    That is very sad.
    At least he now knows the truth and is happily reunited with his wife. Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 984769
    Ethereal
    Ethereal
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 6
    Job/hobbies : Writer
    Registration date : 2011-05-31

Post  Ethereal Tue May 31, 2011 6:31 am

Violet wrote:I went to a Christian Spiritualist church once, I felt very uncomfortable, it didn't feel right somehow and far too 'religious' if that makes sense. Anyone else been to one and what were your feelings?

I would like to address the original comment. I was a member of a Christian Spiritualist Church for 19 years. When I first attended the church I was very comfortable with the church. The people were very friendly and I felt they were of like mind. Over the years, many of them made their transition to spirit and new people came. There were power struggles, some of which I became involved in. Eventually, the power struggles became so bad that those five who were Christian Spiritualist Ministers plus a few more left the church in the end. Those who were left in charge of the church were two spiritualists who admitted they were not Christian, two individuals who consistently advocated that the Native American path of the Red Road should be followed and one individual who struggled with lessons in life of forgiveness. The people there now are not the people who were there when I first came there, nor are they bad people, just that they thought that their version of what a Christian Spiritualist church should be was not consistent with what I had come to believe. Some of us who left formed our own small group and get together regularly to be with others of like mind.
    I am sorry that the Christian Spiritualist church you attended was not a comfortable place. But as someone said in a previous post, a belief system is practiced by the people, not the church. If they are practicing the belief system and they are of like mind as yourself, then you will feel comfortable, but if they are not, then you won't. And I believe that goes for any belief system or church.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue May 31, 2011 10:51 pm

Hi Ethereal,
    and new people came. There were power struggles, some of which I became involved in. Eventually, the power struggles became so bad that those five who were Christian Spiritualist Ministers plus a few more left the church in the end.

I hear of this so often in the churches, it's really sad.
    Some of us who left formed our own small group and get together regularly to be with others of like mind.

Private circles have always been around, but I can see them increasing and perhaps replacing churches altogether in the years to come as more and more become disheartened with the 'politics' of church.

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:23 am

Highly relevant to threads I often run on the subject of Modern Spiritualism. (not Christian Spiritualism)

It's totally pointless to be a member of one church when one's persuasion is for the other. Worse still that in the case mentioned it led to a take-over of its running. It's the first time I've heard on such a thing and it's desperately sad that the church should be changed in such a way....

There's a big separation between the two styles. I am a Modern Spiritualist and not a Christian Spiritualist - I subscribe to one philosophy rather than the other and if I were a committed church member I'd be horrified to find my own church effectively being changed to that of Christian Spiritualism.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm

That time I went it was with a friend who thought it would be good for me to experience a number of different Spiritualist churches, I should never have gone, i'm not a Christian and never had any leanings that way.

mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:14 am

Violet wrote:That time I went it was with a friend who thought it would be good for me to experience a number of different Spiritualist churches, I should never have gone, i'm not a Christian and never had any leanings that way.

"i'm not a Christian and never had any leanings that way" That's how I feel too. I felt that way long before I learned what I know now. Christian and Spiritualist in the same description doesn't ring my bell in any way.

Still, each to their own, but it's important to anyone seeking understanding to realise how very different the two churches, with similarly-sounding names, actually are.

Well, I feel it's important that folks know.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:12 am

What exactly is the diffeence beween a christian spiritualist and an spiritualist?
    Pardon my ignorance but not sure.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 am

Joanie wrote:What exactly is the diffeence beween a christian spiritualist and an spiritualist?

Well I'm a Modern Spiritualist - how often have I ever mentioned any of the stuff you find in the Christian church?

Now consider crucifixes, references to Jesus as 'The Christ', Christian hymns, pictures of Jesus as saviour, Son of God etc. and that will likely reflect some of what you'll find in Christian Spiritualism - unless any Christian Spiritualist cares to correct my misunderstanding?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:08 am

mac wrote:
    Joanie wrote:What exactly is the diffeence beween a christian spiritualist and an spiritualist?

Well I'm a Modern Spiritualist - how often have I ever mentioned any of the stuff you find in the Christian church?

Now consider crucifixes, references to Jesus as 'The Christ', Christian hymns, pictures of Jesus as saviour, Son of God etc. and that will likely reflect some of what you'll find in Christian Spiritualism - unless any Christian Spiritualist cares to correct my misunderstanding?

I wouldn't dare to correct anything you say,Mac!
    Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 809779
    I'm a very subdued mood today.
    Was trying to figure the terminology out in the meaning of the words.
    Forgive my ignorance but thought Christian spiritualism was a bit of both.
    Gives her brains a shake.
    Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 621623
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:14 am

Joanie wrote:
    mac wrote:

I wouldn't dare to correct anything you say,Mac!
    Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 809779
    I'm a very subdued mood today.
    Was trying to figure the terminology out in the meaning of the words.
    Forgive my ignorance but thought Christian spiritualism was a bit of both.
    Gives her brains a shake.
    Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 621623

I'd be comfortable with anyone who can give a better explanation to correct any misunderstanding I may have - it's not my speciality and a Christian Spiritualist would be the best person to clarify the issue fully for us all. Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 621623
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Just a question.
    What kind of hymns are usually sung at any spiritualist church?
    Where I go,there are special spiritualist hymn books.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Joanie wrote:Just a question.
    What kind of hymns are usually sung at any spiritualist church?
    Where I go,there are special spiritualist hymn books.

The regular Spiritualist church situation is easy as you know what it is - for Christian Spiritualist church situations you'd have to visit to find out or ask Christian Spiritualist members what they do....

Are there any such church members here?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:54 pm

You have told me something I didn't know,Mac.
    I have never known that there were two different kinds of spiritialist churches.
    One of them a Christian Spiritualist.
    I am amazed.
    Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 160943
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Joanie wrote:You have told me something I didn't know,Mac.
    I have never known that there were two different kinds of spiritialist churches.
    One of them a Christian Spiritualist.
    I am amazed.

In Mansfield's local newspaper there are adverts for churches. Two of them are Christian Spiritualist, the others regular ones - haven't looked at their adverts for a time but I fancy it isn't always made clear which are the Christian ones but I'm not certain about that....

I know about they're different simply because they're local....
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm fascinated,Mac.
    How could I be so ignorant?
    Next time I visit our spiritualist church must have a word with the lady who runs it.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Joanie wrote:I'm fascinated,Mac.
    Next time I visit our spiritualist church must have a word with the lady who runs it.
    great idea Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 348985
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:28 pm

mac wrote:
    Joanie wrote:I'm fascinated,Mac.
    great idea Christian Spiritualism - Page 5 348985
    Thank you. :hugz:
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  PPrncpl7 Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:20 am

Violet wrote:I went to a Christian Spiritualist church once, I felt very uncomfortable, it didn't feel right somehow and far too 'religious' if that makes sense. Anyone else been to one and what were your feelings?
    Hello Violet
    I was 'hooked' in an SNU church, but was working away at the time, so spent the first 8 years of my development at a Christian Spiritualist Church!
    They were a wonderful bunch of people and the only thing with hindsight that i am uncomfortable with is their intense dislike of the SNU.
    Peter
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 am

I used to go to a SNU affiliate Spiritualist Church and was a member of the SNU. The reason I stopped going is because I got fed up with all the messages that never come true. I can understand why the last goverment passed legislation against mediums because some people hang on every word they say. The SNU is against fortune telling and wants to promote prove that life goes on after physical death. I'm no longer a member of the SNU but I agree with them. Mediums like to tell everyone what is going to happen which to my experience with my messages never comes true. I still consider myself a Spiritualist, just not the same sort of Spiritualist as them. Mediums at Spiritualist Churchs have for this reason stopped me going to Spiritualist Churches. I was also a member of the Church committee put left after a few months. The reason for this was because they preached love and light but behaved completely different. They all had egos trying to dominate everyone else, it was like being in a playground at school.
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  PPrncpl7 Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:26 am

peaceandkarma wrote:I used to go to a SNU affiliate Spiritualist Church and was a member of the SNU. The reason I stopped going is because I got fed up with all the messages that never come true. I can understand why the last goverment passed legislation against mediums because some people hang on every word they say. The SNU is against fortune telling and wants to promote prove that life goes on after physical death. I'm no longer a member of the SNU but I agree with them. Mediums like to tell everyone what is going to happen which to my experience with my messages never comes true. I still consider myself a Spiritualist, just not the same sort of Spiritualist as them. Mediums at Spiritualist Churchs have for this reason stopped me going to Spiritualist Churches. I was also a member of the Church committee put left after a few months. The reason for this was because they preached love and light but behaved completely different. They all had egos trying to dominate everyone else, it was like being in a playground at school.
    Hello
    I sympathise with all you have said--BUT!!!!!
    Platform mediums in SNU churches are 'up against IT'!
    We all want 'predictions'!! and they are charged with giving 'evidence' that we do NOT 'DIE'!
    Sorry --but the medium is as GOOD as the congregation!
    The 'congregation' must supply the energy for the medium to work in!!
    IF NOT then ??????????????????????/
    Peter

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:44 am