Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
QuietCypher
millergrls
skylarker
Left Behind
Aura
gilly
Native spirit
Karin
smilies37
peaceandkarma
Ethereal
zerdini
PPrncpl7
sparkly
Lynn
AngelTony
equuslife
SpiritVoices
Viking
Tomblues
Katiecat
mac
skye
innerlight
Violet
29 posters

Christian Spiritualism

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 Empty Christian Spiritualism

Post  Violet Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:16 am

First topic message reminder :

I went to a Christian Spiritualist church once, I felt very uncomfortable, it didn't feel right somehow and far too 'religious' if that makes sense. Anyone else been to one and what were your feelings?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Tomblues
    Tomblues

Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2010-10-19

Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 Empty Re: Christian Spiritualism

Post  Tomblues Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:53 am

mac wrote:
    Viking wrote:Dull, Joannie? It would be a far better world if we could all be kind. We don't need dogmas for that. They are limiting and divisive.A world of kindness with no Christianity or any other religion would be bliss. The Roman Catholic Church is the wealthiest organisation on earth. How, I wonder, do they equate that with the teachings of The Nazerene? It's all gone horribly wrong somewhere.

"A world of kindness with no Christianity or any other religion would be bliss" The world from which we came, the one to which we'll return as we all travel back eventually to the source of our creation....

Wow this is going no where. Christianity is not related to Catholicism at all. True Christianity is not even related to the simple word Christianity in a way. It is a relationship with Jesus Christ in your life and it is a relationship that can ONLY exist if you truly believe that he is the son of God himself. It was Gods plan to put himself into this world as a human being only once. Being part atoms/cells/flesh etc of physical existence and part spiritual energy different than ours. Then to turn himself as a "savior" because of love with a very perfect plan. He is spirit, he is God, and he is Christ. To allow himself to be ignored by you, abusedby you, insultedby you, nailedby you and crossed from Bethlehem’s birth, Jerusalem and now America, UK, etc Now we can draw his blood, not just from the cross but forever until he finally returns to pick us up becasue he gave it to us though UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. But this blood was shed to allow EVERONE that believes in this to be set FREE from any sin that could possibly exist. Free, simple, done, no searching quantum physics, no death card moves, not chasing wee-gee or monopoly junior. This was documented 2000 years ago and is now around the world and we have one every 20 feet, every store, every church. This is true Christianity and when you become born again (as an adult) to proclaim that you understand and believe it, you become 100% free. I am Born again and I am free, but when I sin it’s still a real sin, but if I ask for his blood in his name by that belief IT IS REMOVED INSTANTLY! A simple plan with a simple answer. Did you think Gates, Buddha or Obama could help? (well maybe Steve with the iPhone,hehe)

Look without this we are Sh**, we are crap. We have no (real) love for each other. Your illusion makes you think you do. I am dying of cancer, come visit me. Take a plane to comfort me oh digital buddies. Who would? I don’t even know you…….er a…. I live in Russi…….I have no money, I cant…… No No No. Sorry but Only Christ will come to visit me in 10 seconds. Not Michael, not Shiva, not Buddha (who are all dead) only the Living Christ surrounded by his messengers. You cannot talk to God; you can only talk to God through Christ. Why?? He will not listen, it’s his son he gave to us as the simple plan, and he will still love you but thinks you are buffoons to ignore Christ. He laid his life down for you, to just believe it! We are human SCUM. This is why this is the ONLY PERFECT PLAN because God so loves the world that he gave us his only created son, that who ever believes in him will live forever. Just THAT. Its DONE. The evil guy looses. (sorry my writing, not Johns) Jesus Christ is Christ-mas that you love and Christ-me’s that I love. I call this iChrist. The inquisition is a pointless group of idiots, it is not Christ, and this is not my personal relationship for the son of God. That’s old distracted history. Most of you are just new age, tarot spinning, angel card deck users that have no dice, in a general spiritual forum like SI taking everything from witchcraft cult orbs to Shiva or anything else you can create in your mind to end up with nothing but a lump in your soul. Empty. Go plant some trees and piss on it, its just as good. (sorry but I am not a perfect Christian, I should have just said pee, hehe!!)

Violet, for Gods sake, put up a REAL Christian MAIN TOPIC next to your “The Spiritual Retreat” section marked Jesus - The Son Of God

for the few that want it. Just limit the tarot section away. We wont go there.
    In this case to each his own but with this topic required me to dance with your devils.

Stop reading bull sh**. Sorry but there is a war in heaven, and we are the players and most of you useless pawns. Wake up as Angel Tony says. The word says it all. Shaking your 8 level chakras are only going to jiggle your flabby bellies. Shaking the cross is eternal and it also feels darn good.

Here is something to kick you in the teeth. The warning 666 is of man that can be discovered in this physical world. Its not Obama or microchips Its…Carbon, the essential element of the creation of physical life, flesh..you..me..your sister..and is 6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons. Go google it. You tell me why the electrons are split as 4 parts around 2 parts. Ill get back you as of why. Why am I angry here, this is a spiritual website and is almost the ONLY topic about Jesus that I could fine at all (ONE). WHAT!! But you say Spiritual Inspritations... but with out the son. The spiritual guy himself, the...?? Sorry I guess its my turn to say BYE now. This isn’t spiritual; it’s a fake false illusion. So long I am glad I did not make any qweezzy friends here. You’re all buffoons.

And mac please don’t twist my words or attempt complex confusing speech to deter what most others think as maybe possible either? When I read your posts all I can see is a politician with a very big mouth and you are quite correct, you are a lazy ass.
    Viking
    Viking

Female
    Number of posts : 234
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Viking Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:02 am

Catholicism is not Christianity???? Well I never!!!! I'm sorry for you. You are labouring under so many delusions accompanied by bitterness that you don't appear to have learned anything from Jesus.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Why I don't like discussing religion...................
    Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 451437
    Joanie x
    Viking
    Viking

Female

Post  Viking Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:49 pm

I know what you mean, Joannie.The holier than thou ones are sometimes the most aggressive posters. Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 821538
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Viking wrote:I know what you mean, Joannie.The holier than thou ones are sometimes the most aggressive posters. Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 821538

Not sure who you are referring to,Viking. Mac's a pussy cat!
    One of the best debaters going.
    Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 28115
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Tomblues wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Viking wrote:Dull, Joannie? It would be a far better world if we could all be kind. We don't need dogmas for that. They are limiting and divisive.A world of kindness with no Christianity or any other religion would be bliss. The Roman Catholic Church is the wealthiest organisation on earth. How, I wonder, do they equate that with the teachings of The Nazerene? It's all gone horribly wrong somewhere.

"A world of kindness with no Christianity or any other religion would be bliss" The world from which we came, the one to which we'll return as we all travel back eventually to the source of our creation....

Wow this is going no where. Christianity is not related to Catholicism at all. True Christianity is not even related to the simple word Christianity in a way. It is a relationship with Jesus Christ in your life and it is a relationship that can ONLY exist if you truly believe that he is the son of God himself. It was Gods plan to put himself into this world as a human being only once. Being part atoms/cells/flesh etc of physical existence and part spiritual energy different than ours. Then to turn himself as a "savior" because of love with a very perfect plan. He is spirit, he is God, and he is Christ. To allow himself to be ignored by you, abusedby you, insultedby you, nailedby you and crossed from Bethlehem’s birth, Jerusalem and now America, UK, etc Now we can draw his blood, not just from the cross but forever until he finally returns to pick us up becasue he gave it to us though UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. But this blood was shed to allow EVERONE that believes in this to be set FREE from any sin that could possibly exist. Free, simple, done, no searching quantum physics, no death card moves, not chasing wee-gee or monopoly junior. This was documented 2000 years ago and is now around the world and we have one every 20 feet, every store, every church. This is true Christianity and when you become born again (as an adult) to proclaim that you understand and believe it, you become 100% free. I am Born again and I am free, but when I sin it’s still a real sin, but if I ask for his blood in his name by that belief IT IS REMOVED INSTANTLY! A simple plan with a simple answer. Did you think Gates, Buddha or Obama could help? (well maybe Steve with the iPhone,hehe)

Look without this we are Sh**, we are crap. We have no (real) love for each other. Your illusion makes you think you do. I am dying of cancer, come visit me. Take a plane to comfort me oh digital buddies. Who would? I don’t even know you…….er a…. I live in Russi…….I have no money, I cant…… No No No. Sorry but Only Christ will come to visit me in 10 seconds. Not Michael, not Shiva, not Buddha (who are all dead) only the Living Christ surrounded by his messengers. You cannot talk to God; you can only talk to God through Christ. Why?? He will not listen, it’s his son he gave to us as the simple plan, and he will still love you but thinks you are buffoons to ignore Christ. He laid his life down for you, to just believe it! We are human SCUM. This is why this is the ONLY PERFECT PLAN because God so loves the world that he gave us his only created son, that who ever believes in him will live forever. Just THAT. Its DONE. The evil guy looses. (sorry my writing, not Johns) Jesus Christ is Christ-mas that you love and Christ-me’s that I love. I call this iChrist. The inquisition is a pointless group of idiots, it is not Christ, and this is not my personal relationship for the son of God. That’s old distracted history. Most of you are just new age, tarot spinning, angel card deck users that have no dice, in a general spiritual forum like SI taking everything from witchcraft cult orbs to Shiva or anything else you can create in your mind to end up with nothing but a lump in your soul. Empty. Go plant some trees and piss on it, its just as good. (sorry but I am not a perfect Christian, I should have just said pee, hehe!!)

Violet, for Gods sake, put up a REAL Christian MAIN TOPIC next to your “The Spiritual Retreat” section marked Jesus - The Son Of God

for the few that want it. Just limit the tarot section away. We wont go there.
    In this case to each his own but with this topic required me to dance with your devils.

Stop reading bull sh**. Sorry but there is a war in heaven, and we are the players and most of you useless pawns. Wake up as Angel Tony says. The word says it all. Shaking your 8 level chakras are only going to jiggle your flabby bellies. Shaking the cross is eternal and it also feels darn good.

Here is something to kick you in the teeth. The warning 666 is of man that can be discovered in this physical world. Its not Obama or microchips Its…Carbon, the essential element of the creation of physical life, flesh..you..me..your sister..and is 6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons. Go google it. You tell me why the electrons are split as 4 parts around 2 parts. Ill get back you as of why. Why am I angry here, this is a spiritual website and is almost the ONLY topic about Jesus that I could fine at all (ONE). WHAT!! But you say Spiritual Inspritations... but with out the son. The spiritual guy himself, the...?? Sorry I guess its my turn to say BYE now. This isn’t spiritual; it’s a fake false illusion. So long I am glad I did not make any qweezzy friends here. You’re all buffoons.

And mac please don’t twist my words or attempt complex confusing speech to deter what most others think as maybe possible either? When I read your posts all I can see is a politician with a very big mouth and you are quite correct, you are a lazy ass.

"And mac please don’t twist my words or attempt complex confusing
    speech to deter what most others think as maybe possible either? When I
    read your posts all I can see is a politician with a very big mouth and
    you are quite correct, you are a lazy ass."

What is there to say? Twist your words? Do I do that? I certainly never stoop to name-calling or bad-mouthing in frustration.

I think I've always quoted you honestly and here your words speak plainly for themselves... You've made your position very clear.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:53 pm

I'm sorry to hear you have cancer Tom, but why attack us? What have we done to offend you so much? You could have pm'd me anytime to ask for a section about Jesus and Christianity, you could have created your own threads about him.

If you have complaints about the forum then send them to me personally, do not attack our members they have done nothing wrong to you, and do not deserve it, that kind of behaviour will see you banned.
    No one FORCED you to join and it is down to you whether you log in or not, if you don't like the content then don't log in, if you want to discuss Jesus in greater depth then begin a topic or find a forum specifically devoted to him.

I will hold back the ban in vain hope of an apology to our members, I created the sections not them, don't blame them for what I did or didn't do.

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:06 am

Should there be a special section just for Christians Violet? you do have one just for Wicca & Paganism
    I am sorry but that does make me feel uneasy now.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics

Post  Lynn Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:29 am

Hello

It is not the HOUSE at times but the one that runs it that sets the tone for what one hear's.
    I grew up with the Anglacan Church and as a teen I explored many one's to see if any would fit me or give me some understandings to whom and what I was. Struggling with faith is hard enough add in being able to SEE and HEAR the dead and have no one in the living World willing to embrace that was not good. Too it was good in the light I can now see it in. I would have LOVEd to have the Church I am now with its Metaphysical based, so we to talk on God. (though it is a bit fronwned upon) . We embrace all faiths as ONE.

I would say that anyone if they enter a place of worship with a blank slate as to expectations and their own personal beleifs encompassing them there is something to be learned in all.

I was in the Catholic Church here December 19th to pay Tribute to 19 that died in a plane crash. While I did not make the sign of the Cross or hold any form of a Cross I did light 19 candles for them and place 19 names on the Alter. This time there were other's there to witness this connection I made with Spirit. I felt very embraced there in that place. It is the people that make a Church I would say that one just did not find an embracing one is all.

Lynn
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 am

i have no affiliation with any church, religion, sect or other.
    i appreciate this lively debate. i did agree with all you said tomblues up until the scum thing. i don't think this is how jesus/ god etc view ...don't want to say us as i don't want to be lumped in with them...but yeah this forum i'm beginning to wonder..seems is now becoming very limited to spiritualists only, was looking yesterday for something in the blurb to substantiate this. i would like to warn you of the limited, closemindedness that shall befall you should you succeed in achieving an all spiritualist board. beyond survival evidence, mediums and crystals what is there?
    feisty interesting debate should be encouraged and i applaud you katiekat, tomblues, angeltony and lynn (sorry to other dissenting voices if i failed to mention you).
    viking you know well there are many religions under the branch of christianity. to work from the christ lighted within, requires no label and no religion, yet it is required, until this is recognized and adopted death is the reward.
    to be christian is to try to be like christ, not to try to be liked by christ.- sparkly 2005
    Viking
    Viking

Female

Post  Viking Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:59 am

Hi, Sparkly. If you ask any priest, vicar, minister etc what being a true Christian means, they will all give you the same answer---"Believe that Jesus is the son of God (the Christian version) and that he died on the cross so that we could be forgiven for our sins and have eternal life." `These are the minimum requirements of Christianity. There are no grey areas. You believe, you are saved ; you do not believe, you are damned. "Simples!".
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 pm

i don't think you need any type of minister to tell you what a christian is viking, i'm sure jesus doesn't care whether people accept him as the son of god or not! you too, are a child of god, every living thing is, that kinda got lost somewhere back in the day...lots of people wearing christian labels not being christian. lotsa people not wearing christian labels being christian! a rose by any other name....
    i'm not of any church/ organization. i was raised catholic, but rejected the religion before 14 yrs of age, because i can not worship a god who rejects those who haven't heard of him yet forgives rapists and murderers. not saying they're beyond forgiveness here.
    the archbishop of perth - w.a. wrote an article in the paper a few years back saying jesus dying on the cross, coming here to save us ...is egotism. he was crucified because people hate the truth. i wanted to kiss this bishop. church and christian are not symbiotic. sometimes they work together, they should but i don't know how often that is in reality. Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 621623
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:33 pm

" spiritualists only, was looking yesterday for something in the blurb to
    substantiate this. i would like to warn you of the limited,
    closemindedness that shall befall you should you succeed in achieving an
    all spiritualist board. beyond survival evidence, mediums and crystals
    what is there?"

I'm assuming you mean 'spiritualists' - with a small 's' - in terms of the risk of "closemindedness" you prophetically warn "shall befall us", as opposed to 'Spiritualists' with a capital 'S'? That is (to use the full description) Modern Spiritualists as found in the UK, adherents of a registered religion?

May I respectfully point out that there is a dearth of Modern Spiritualists on this and many other websites, a point I have regularly raised?

Somewhat confusingly, though, you mix genuine aspects of Modern Spiritualism - survival evidence through mediumship - with crystals which have no place at all save to look pretty around someone's neck or to adorn their clothing.....

As for "...should you succeed in achieving an
    all spiritualist board."
    well I for one (Modern Spiritualist) would have not the slightest desire to achieve such a thing and I'll stick my neck out here and say that the few Modern Spiritualists who are members wouldn't want to do that either.

I'd wager that if there were sufficient interest an approach to Violet for the inclusion of a forum would be carefully considered.

In the meantime I am more than happy to hold my own in any discussion I engage in about matters spiritual. On those things about which I have no knowledge I either say nothing or ask questions to improve my understanding.

The possibility of an "...all spiritualist board" for the moment has no attraction for myself and, I suggest, poses no threat to any member of Spiritual Inspiration.

Last edited by mac on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Viking
    Viking

Female

Post  Viking Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Sparkly, all I meant was that those two conditions are the official answer you would get if you asked a member of the clergy.
    I wasn't attempting to give any justification for it or to suggest any other possible answers would be wrong.As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what the correct definition is. I'm not a Christian of any kind. Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 660782
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:13 pm

AngelTony wrote:Should there be a special section just for Christians Violet? you do have one just for Wicca & Paganism
    I am sorry but that does make me feel uneasy now.

Hi Tony, this thread I link to below has been up for quite sometime, people only need to ask if they want other things adding, if people don't ask I can only assume everyone is happy with the forum.
    https://spiritualinspiration.forumotion.net/t3575-forum-suggestions

Last edited by Violet on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:16 pm

sparkly wrote:i have no affiliation with any church, religion, sect or other.
    i appreciate this lively debate. i did agree with all you said tomblues up until the scum thing. i don't think this is how jesus/ god etc view ...don't want to say us as i don't want to be lumped in with them...but yeah this forum i'm beginning to wonder..seems is now becoming very limited to spiritualists only, was looking yesterday for something in the blurb to substantiate this. i would like to warn you of the limited, closemindedness that shall befall you should you succeed in achieving an all spiritualist board. beyond survival evidence, mediums and crystals what is there?
    feisty interesting debate should be encouraged and i applaud you katiekat, tomblues, angeltony and lynn (sorry to other dissenting voices if i failed to mention you).
    viking you know well there are many religions under the branch of christianity. to work from the christ lighted within, requires no label and no religion, yet it is required, until this is recognized and adopted death is the reward.
    to be christian is to try to be like christ, not to try to be liked by christ.- sparkly 2005

Hi Sparkly, this isn't a Spiritualist forum, though we do have Spiritualists here and very welcome they are too, as is everyone else.

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:50 am

thankyou violet, don't get me wrong, i'm very fond of peter, and who knows maybe i go by the 7 principals/principles under another name. just lately there has been so much spiritualism on here, i literally did try to see if this is a spiritualist only site. i think when you have threads for buddhists only, hindus only or indeed spiritualists or whomever only, you just increase adherence to dogma and as my sister would say, "become more like yourselves" its not healthy. i've had buddhists get snippety on sf, because i questioned them (it reminds of that joke about heaven and the walled off section for catholics who think they're the only ones there). if you want ism go to the rule book of the said ism. if you want the truth, we have to be open. to me, being on a forum is all about sharing, being able to argue and hopefully harmonising.
    mac, like e.e. cummings, the great poet, i choose not to use uppercase. i also choose colloquialism and humour when writing online. i do not distinguish between spiritualism capital or lower case/ modern or old. it's been 10 years since i visited a spiritualist church, and nice people they were too. sorry about the crystal thing. it gets my goat a bit, to be honest. i don't like people focusing on the sideshow/ paraphenalia when spirituality is about attention to serious pursuit of the truth.
    viking, i hears ya. i know what you were saying, i think, i just wanted to point out the vast distinction from organized religion and what peoiple like myself practice, and live for. the two are not mutually exclusive, but you'd be forgiven for thinking that they are. i actually do think you are christian, just the sense i have of you as a decent human being. don't shudder now, as i would if a "christian" said that to me lol!ove your new image btw. Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 660782
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:56 am

Hi Sparkly I just wanted to pick up on a comment you made
    to be honest. i don't like people focusing on the sideshow/ paraphenalia when spirituality is about attention to serious pursuit of the truth.

I just wanted to say that it is often such things which leads people to explore their spirituality in the first place Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 15910

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:18 am

i don't mind them, so long as it aint the be all. end all. i think folk forget that. like the kiddies fiddling with wrapping paper, don't get to the real gift.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 am

sparkly wrote:i don't mind them, so long as it aint the be all. end all. i think folk forget that. like the kiddies fiddling with wrapping paper, don't get to the real gift.
    Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 809779 But some kiddies prefer the paper.

mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:23 am

"mac, like e.e. cummings, the great poet, i choose not to use uppercase. i
    also choose colloquialism and humour when writing online. i do not
    distinguish between spiritualism capital or lower case/ modern or old.
    it's been 10 years since i visited a spiritualist church, and nice
    people they were too. sorry about the crystal thing. it gets my goat a
    bit, to be honest."
    I understand what you've said but the conventions of writing help others to understand.

The adoption of uncommon ways of writing is confusing. I do not have the skills of EE Cummings and have to stick with what I understand. The difference between spiritualism and Modern Spiritualism is fundamental to the understanding of what will be found in each.

The issue of 'crystals' highlights only one of your own misunderstandings.Quite why you say: "it gets my goat a
    bit, to be honest"
    I do not understand. They may be helpful for certain practitioners and I see no reason that they should cause concern....

"if you want the truth, we have to be open. to me, being on a forum is
    all about sharing, being able to argue and hopefully harmonising"
    I would hope the truth is always expressed by us all. But your ideas about sharing, arguing and harmonising is unlikely to occur when you don't practise it yourself and attack others on a personal level rather than their ideas.

"i've had buddhists get snippety on sf, because i questioned them...." Pot calling the kettle black?
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:37 am

feel free mac, to question me on my beliefs/ tenets etc. i don't mind at all. questioning allows attrition of ego held beliefs. i like anyone may be guilty of that, though it is something i pay attention to and go to some effort to be aware of and free to let go. i get snippety when people arrogantly and ignorantly, so ican feel the dripping smile of condescension, attempt to cloud, purposefully misconstrue, or plain dismiss.
    i take your point about my use of grandma. my bother complains of it often. for me, it is a break from the seriousness of life, and i feel the essence of what i have to offer is conveyed nonetheless for those to whom it is pertinent.
    yes i'll admit i don't know everything about spiritualism, and i have nothing against tarot cards or crystals per se. i like them. i do feel it is important to distinguish between useful, entertaining tools and the attainment of real spiritual advancement and attunement. as far as i'm concerned you can be illiterate, dumb and some other things people make judgments about and be living a very true life, advancing rapidly. like i said there's probably lots of great things in spiritualism, but it is still an ism. i wish you well, but i feel you are very attacking toward others not in agreeance with your views, and i will call you out on it.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:13 am

sparkly - feel free mac, to question me on my beliefs/ tenets etc. I don't do that to anyone unless there's something I don't understand and which someone else can explain. i don't mind at all. questioning allows attrition of ego held beliefs. I don't understand what that sentence means i like anyone may be guilty of that, though it is something i pay attention to and go to some effort to be aware of and free to let go. i get snippety when people arrogantly and ignorantly, so ican feel the dripping smile of condescension, attempt to cloud, purposefully misconstrue, or plain dismiss. It's often difficult to follow what you mean because you don't quote the pieces you're responding to.....

"arrogantly and ignorantly, so ican feel the dripping smile of
    condescension, attempt to cloud, purposefully misconstrue, or plain
    dismiss"
    Do you feel that any challenge about ideas is then a personal attack on you? That's how it's sounding when you use words such as those above....

"i take your point about my use of grandma. my bother complains of it often. for me, it is a break from the seriousness of life, and i feel the essence of what i have to offer is conveyed nonetheless for those to whom it is pertinent."Well maybe it does for some but for others who read what you say, it may not be the case...If you don't care then that's fine. I'm only expressing how it comes over to me.

"yes i'll admit i don't know everything about spiritualism, and i have nothing against tarot cards or crystals"
    I'm sorry to do this but the way you wrote originally made it sound like you have - I can go only on what you write.....

"per se. i like them. i do feel it is important to distinguish between useful, entertaining tools and the attainment of real spiritual advancement and attunement." I agree that you should do exactly that - it's important to you and it's important for me. I've spent many years writing on that and many similar subjects but I then leave it to folks to decide what they're comfortable with. "as far as i'm concerned you can be illiterate, dumb and some other things people make judgments about and be living a very true life, advancing rapidly." Has someone suggested something different?

"like i said there's probably lots of great things in spiritualism, but it is still an ism." Your point about "ism" has lost me but I'm not here selling Modern Spiritualism anyway. What I write, though, is often influenced by what I learned there - but not only there. "i wish you well, but i feel you are very attacking toward others" Pot calling the kettle black? Please don't misconstrue challenges as attacks on others - I challenge ideas, not the people who express them.

"not in agreeance with your views", I don't want others to agree with me unless they are persuaded by the ideas I present....

"and i will call you out on it." As is your right on forum boards.

You wouldn't be the first, you won't be the last. I hope you will challenge anything with which you feel uncomfortable - show me where I'm wrong and I'll acknowledge it - simple as that.

Last edited by mac on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one comma too many - as pointed out to me!)
    equuslife
    equuslife

Female
    Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2011-02-02

Post  equuslife Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:24 am

mac wrote:... show me where I'm wrong and I'll acknowledge it - simple as that.
    From paragraph above:
    "like i said there's probably lots of great things in spiritualism, but it is still an ism." Your point about "ism" has lost me but I'm not here selling Modern Spiritualism anyway. W,hat I write, though, is often influenced by what I learned there - but not only there. "i wish you well, but i feel you are very attacking toward others" Pot calling the kettle black? Please don't misconstrue challenges as attacks on others - I challenge ideas, not the people who express them.
    Well, "old mac", (or "Old Mac", whichever you prefer) only thing I could find wrong so far for you to acknowledge was a typo which I highlighted in red above. Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 809779
    Sorry, just thought it was getting too serious around here.
    Carry on. Off I go........
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:28 am

equuslife wrote:
    mac wrote:... show me where I'm wrong and I'll acknowledge it - simple as that.
    From paragraph above:
    "like i said there's probably lots of great things in spiritualism, but it is still an ism." Your point about "ism" has lost me but I'm not here selling Modern Spiritualism anyway. W,hat I write, though, is often influenced by what I learned there - but not only there. "i wish you well, but i feel you are very attacking toward others" Pot calling the kettle black? Please don't misconstrue challenges as attacks on others - I challenge ideas, not the people who express them.
    Well, "old mac", (or "Old Mac", whichever you prefer) only thing I could find wrong so far for you to acknowledge was a typo which I highlighted in red above. Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 809779
    Sorry, just thought it was getting too serious around here.
    Carry on. Off I go........

ouch! Thought I'd checked it all out! damn! Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 809779 In my defence it was a hard piece to edit Christian Spiritualism - Page 2 368832

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:10 pm